Bring back the old honk method and supplement it with the DDS and probes

I only thought you get the tag if you sell the data, or am I wrong? In which case, don't sell the data and you won't have to deal with the tag.
My problem isn't with the tag as much as it's with the "free money" for flying through a system I've never been before. I sometimes make more money running missions, not from the mission itself (delivering data or cargo) but because I "discovered" the ELW in the Bubble that the destination station orbits. The RL equivalent is running a shipment in my truck down to a city I've never been to before, bringing back a tourist pamphlet from said city, and being paid more for showing the boss that pamphlet than he paid me for running the shipment! It's utter nonsense, and I hate "nonsense" in immersive games like Elite.

As for not selling the data, well you got your answer from the other posters.

My problem isn't with the tag as much as it's with the "free money" for flying through a system I've never been before. I sometimes make more money running missions, not from the mission itself (delivering data or cargo) but because I "discovered" the ELW in the Bubble that the destination station orbits. The RL equivalent is running a shipment in my truck down to a city I've never been to before, bringing back a tourist pamphlet from said city, and being paid more for showing the boss that pamphlet than he paid me for running the shipment! It's utter nonsense, and I hate "nonsense" in immersive games like Elite.

As for not selling the data, well you got your answer from the other posters.
Yes there are many examples of nutty CR reward imbalance. I wish they would take a more measured and holistic approach to balancing it, rather than just nerfing each get rich quick scheme as it is discovered.

Top Bottom