Bring PS4's killer feature to the PC

Dear FDev,

I've asked this before, and I'm going to ask this again - PLEASE bring FULL support of the Dualshock 4 controller to the PC version of ED. Your implementation of the DS4 in ED is one of your crowning achievements, especially things like gyroscopic headlook and touchpad support! While I don't use headlook in VR, I find that I'm breaking out my VR headset less and less these days, and if I had my trusty "tilt controller to look around" feature on PC, I think I'd actually prefer playing ED on my 4K TV rather than in VR most of the time. This will become even more the case when Odyssey is released, due to its limited support of VR.

You have the code - it's there for PS4, so it should be trivial to add this to PC as well. The vast majority of multi-platform games I own support DS4 "out of the box", mimicking the PS4's control scheme identically on PC (Red Dead Redemption 2, Tomb Raider series, etc). It even says "Press [actual triangle graphic] to xyz" instead of ED's annoying "Press (Joy 4) To Exit Supercruise" that ED responds with using the DS4.

Whoever programmed the DS4 to work with ED on PS4 should be proud of their work - I think they did an amazing job! Now take an extra day or two and copy-n-paste that code over onto the PC side so that the many of us who "upgraded" from PS4 to PC ED can enjoy the best feature of Playstation Elite.

Thank you!!!! :D

Might it not be a bit harder given there is no native support for ps4 controllers on pc?

I dunno it seems like a good idea as I do prefer a ps4 controller above the xbox controllers.

Might it not be a bit harder given there is no native support for ps4 controllers on pc?

I dunno it seems like a good idea as I do prefer a ps4 controller above the xbox controllers.
That doesn't stop other games from fully supporting DS4. I just finished playing a session of RDO on my laptop, and DS4 support is identical to RDO on PS4. Same goes with Tomb Raider. Both these games support DS4 "out of the box" natively, no need for extra drivers or Steam magic. The only thing I need to do is plug DS4 into laptop via USB cable.

I would be already happy if the pads sticks would behave like on the consoles. Why is the diagonal range smaller?

Question: Does the DS4 gyroscope/touchpad work with steam? I use a steam controller and love the gyro, but I use it as a mouse.

I actually support this as a PC and PS4 owner of the game. The other feature I like about the PS4 is using the touchpad to move around the galaxy map and system map it feels so much better. Sure it's small touch pad but hell I love the feature and use it a lot when I play ED on PS4.

Top Bottom