Dinosaurs Broken Bones From Combat (T.Rex & Anky)

I watched a dinosaur video from TierZoo on Youtube recently, and it gave me a couple ideas. Here's the video for reference:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUAT9XrFSN0&t=704s

My first idea was for carnivores with serrated teeth to inflict a bleed effect when fighting other dinosaurs, which I posted about here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/serrated-teeth-causes-bleeding.521330/

My second idea is for certain dinosaurs, specifically the Tyrannosaurus and Ankylosaurus, to be able to break their opponent's bones during combat. The Tyrannosaurus had a magnificent bite force and the Ankylosaurus had a deadly club, both of which were dangerous enough to shatter bone. Any dinosaur unlucky enough to take a hit from these two will receive a broken bone effect, similar to the Troodon's venom. Dinosaurs with broken bones receive a heavy penalty to their combat stats. Perhaps there could also be new limping animations?

The part where ankylosaurs, and only the ankys, breaking bones I actually like as an idea for the game.

First off, it would be when a club-tailed ankylosaur attack’s an opponent, they would inflict a new dangerous notification:

“Broken Dinosaur” (With a snapped in half bone for the icon)

And a new dinosaur status:

“Broken”

A broken dinosaur will be a rather limping kind of dinosaur whenever they walk or run. The broken dinosaurs would not be able to heal by themselves, but they would still do what ever normally do though. This will not only damage your dino’s welfare ratings, it will also sap your dino’s lifespan if not taken care of. It would require some different kind if care (if planned and decided) since this is broken bones we’re talking about here rather than an infection.

There are two types of ankylosaurs I’ve noticed in the game:
Clubbed-tails and Spiked-shoulders.

The clubbed-tail ankys are Ankylosaurus, Euoplocephalus, and Crichtonsaurus. They attack and kill with their tail clubs. While the spiked-shoulder ankys are Polacanthus, Nodosaurus, and Sauropelta. Instead of using their tails, as they have no clubs, they attack by charging forward and thrusting their sides that are covered with spikes, and they have no kill sequences themselves.

The point is, I think only the ankys with the tail clubs should be the ones to break dinosaur bones for this idea for the general idea of “dinosaur behavior and care variation”.

Last edited:
I like this idea.... Even the permanent bone damage... I guess the Broken bone would mean the Dinosaur can't break out (Ofcourse depending on where the bone is) or can't fight back.

Top Bottom