Brookfield Zoo

looking out from the raised walkway
Ccqaij.jpg

down ramp on other side
x54elk.jpg

Hi there. I've been following this creation for quite some time now. It looks fantastic. I've been a longtime Chicagoan who has visited Brookfield Zoo all my life and I was always disappointed the master plan you are using as inspiration never came to fruition. However, this is no longer the case.

Last October the zoos longtime director retired and a new guy was brought in. Brookfield Zoo is in the process of making a brand new master plan to replace the one that was in place during the formers directors tenure. Some details have been revealed over the past week that indicate what will be included in this place. The first major project will be new gorilla and orangutans exhibits adjacent to Tropic World. The current gorilla exhibit may be given over to smaller African primates. Habitat Africa is being expanded with new exhibits for rhinos, zebras, antelope and ostriches. There is even talk of bringing back elephants and hippos into this area if the funding is there. There are also plans for smaller projects like new exhibits for praire dogs (with those interactive tunnel systems that are becoming more and more popular), macaws and koalas some point down the line

The new master plan is being fully unveiled in early 2023. I'm not encouraging you to stop what your doing, but I just thought you'd be interested to hear about this development. I also saw some discussion on the last page of this thread that talked about how the zoo has declined in quality and lossed some species. I agree, but I just wanted to spread the word that better days are ahead for Brookfield.

Here are some more details about the new master plan if you are curious.

Keep up the great work!

Hi there. I've been following this creation for quite some time now. It looks fantastic. I've been a longtime Chicagoan who has visited Brookfield Zoo all my life and I was always disappointed the master plan you are using as inspiration never came to fruition. However, this is no longer the case.

Last October the zoos longtime director retired and a new guy was brought in. Brookfield Zoo is in the process of making a brand new master plan to replace the one that was in place during the formers directors tenure. Some details have been revealed over the past week that indicate what will be included in this place. The first major project will be new gorilla and orangutans exhibits adjacent to Tropic World. The current gorilla exhibit may be given over to smaller African primates. Habitat Africa is being expanded with new exhibits for rhinos, zebras, antelope and ostriches. There is even talk of bringing back elephants and hippos into this area if the funding is there. There are also plans for smaller projects like new exhibits for praire dogs (with those interactive tunnel systems that are becoming more and more popular), macaws and koalas some point down the line

The new master plan is being fully unveiled in early 2023. I'm not encouraging you to stop what your doing, but I just thought you'd be interested to hear about this development. I also saw some discussion on the last page of this thread that talked about how the zoo has declined in quality and lossed some species. I agree, but I just wanted to spread the word that better days are ahead for Brookfield.

Here are some more details about the new master plan if you are curious.

Keep up the great work!
this is great news. I grew up with that this zoo being my 'base' zoo (along with Lincoln Park Zoo). Always good to hear that more funding and improvements not just for the guests experience, but for the animals as well.

Branching off of the snow leopard area is a place I call the East Transportation Hub. Basically its an area that has a monorail station, bathrooms, a shady picnic area and some snacks. This is a transition area to the next large animal habitat.

Here is the rest area
2wVMbs.jpg

Looking down from above
LJ2I4m.jpg

Along the pathway
5I85cT.jpg

Top Bottom