Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club and Elite Racers present: Old World Hustle (11th-19th June)

I suppose someone from the Elite Racers better represent here :p

intent to race
CMDR Terrorsidic

Class : Regulation Eagle
Name : Elite Ricer

Class : Unlimited (Aussie Viper)
Name : Mightyshipmods

Regulation eagle was a bit extra jumpy with the 2D FSD.. but run submitted, I don't mind being the pacemaker ;)
No shields option.. I didn't repair but I did have to refuel. good course furry, looking forward to seeing how the experts handle it.
23 screenshots.. wow. almost took me as long as the run to grab them from the vidcap ;)

Last edited:
I beg forgiveness for I see now how I was not clear on the rules. The shield is required for Regulation Eagle. It goes in the "optional internal" slot in outfitting. "Optional" doesn't mean the shield is optional.

I just assumed everyone was as OCD as me about noticing the names of sections in the outfitting screen.

Sadly your entry has to go in Open Unlimited. On the plus side you are currently the leader!

RSECMDR nameForum nameShip nameShip typeRaced
11KliggishrobinjbTeagleEagle00:28:--

Do I have to fly an Eagle?
Only if you are entering the Regulation Eagle class, in which case you must use the exact loadout described.

Can I fly an Imperial Eagle?
Yes in Open Unlimited. Not in Regulation Eagle.

Why is it Regulation Eagle and not Regulation Sidewinder or Regulation Cobra?
Because the Elite Racers fly Eagles.

Link this whole thread to /r/EliteRacers if you would like to receive reddit notifications of replies. Otherwise i will gladly post it.

Either way i will sticky it to the top of the subreddit for attention :)

-----I rarely reply via Forum thread, please message me by other means or I will remain blissfully unaware of any contact :D----

^will make this my signature as soon as i figure out how :p

P.S. We fly Vipers ;)

Intent to race; CMDR Razorwire, Regulation Eagle - "Targeting Error"

Already made an attempt, but my video capture failed, and I have zero proof of the 32 min run.
Got practice laps though :D

Short jump range makes it... interesting.

oh crap no.. pull my time please.. I don't wanna go in open unlim. sry.

I have to admit, I'm conflicted on Open Unlimited.

I like the idea of racing modded ships. I really want to race a ship with the Enhanced Performance Thrusters, because those things are just a whole new level of fun. But I really, really, really, really, really do not want to farm jumponium.

Or, as CMDR Alot put it... Boost: not even once.

Last edited:
I have to admit, I'm conflicted on Open Unlimited.

I like the idea of racing modded ships. I really want to race a ship with the Enhanced Performance Thrusters, because those things are just a whole new level of fun. But I really, really, really, really, really do not want to farm jumponium.

Or, as CMDR Alot put it... Boost: not even once.

I think in this Race Open Unlimited won't need jumponium, as the jump distances are fairly small. Also, performance enhanced thrusters will probably be fast enough (if there's ever a 'fast enough'), as you only need one or two boosts before you really need to worry about not slamming into the back wall of the station :D
I'm pretty sure that a top-engineered ship won't be necessary in this race :)

Yeah, I was speaking more in general about Open Unlimited in BRC events. This one certainly shouldn't need FSD injection, but I do actually think engineered thrusters would be highly beneficial considering the station loop!

If I end up taking the boom route back from A* I may have to enter Joyeuse or Cortana in the Unlimited class. If I can find the time after getting Cortana prepped for BBRX that is.

Speaking of entries... anyone happen to know where to get the D-class shields, life support, and sensors, and the 3A thrusters, in the neighborhood? Lave doesn't have 'em, and I thought I'd ask before I wandered around looking.

EDIT: Never mind, I found them. If anyone else needs them, George Lucas in Leesti has them.

EDIT 2: Wow! The Regulation Eagle build is incredibly fun to fly. Easily the most maneuverable ship I've ever flown. It just dances.

Last edited:
All quiet in the Lave cluster, as rumours of early race entries turn out to be unfounded. Anyone espying CMDRs Kliggish or Razorwire on the course can rest assure they were simply engaged in Free Practice.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's update to see if any times have been posted!

Cookie has answered for me in regards to the mods. A fully laden T9 could do this course in one jump per leg and the regulation build has had to be deliberately lumbered with a weak FSD in order to introduce multiple hops to the race. Farming materials should not be necessary. Even enhanced thrusters, which are all very well, have their downside. That mailslot is a small target at 750m/s I can tell you. Your favourite ship should be competitive in this race. Unless your favourite ship is an Asp, of course.

PS If someone with access to Reddit would be so kind as to push whichever button needs to be pushed there I would be much obliged.

Having just completed a practice run, let me just say again - holy smokes the Regulation Eagle is more fun to fly than I thought was actually possible in this game. It's just so responsive.

I'm probably only going to have time to make a few runs in this event and I'm lamenting that fact already because this is... wow, I love this. And I love how it brings together all the different aspects of flying skill (even the one I really suck at - supercruise planet braking!). This is a great event already.

EDIT: So, apparently spending most of the last week outside of civilized space means I have forgotten how to make approaches in supercruise... and worse, forgotten that I might need to buy fuel at a station every now and then (like, before going to Tionisla, maybe?), so... no run tonight. But at least I have settled on the route I want to use. I'll put in a run tomorrow night (probably not before the update, though, since that's about when I get off work).

Last edited:
Introducing ... Vanishing Point

iSB7V5I.png

Featuring body kits, enhanced performance thrusters and a Black Friday paintjob. Definitely NOT regulation class. Unlimited? That remains to be tested.

First attempt submitted.

Oh alright then, second ...

LenlwlR.png

Turns out bi-weave shields were not man enough to take on the job of an ill-advised 3rd boost from the enhanced thrusters.

Last edited:
Ok shield fitted.. at leesti ;( and 2nd run submitted. I pray to the gods that ive got the right modules and the screen shots are right.. arguably those things are more difficult than the run in the easy mode eagle. now doing it in an asp .. thatd be a challenge. not like those nonce imperial ships ;)

The first actual entries are in! CMDRs Alec Turner and Kliggish take the lead in the Open and Regulation classes respectively.

[size=+2]Open Unlimited[/size]
11tAlec TurnerAlec TurnerVanishing PointEagle00:25:--

[size=+2]Regulation Eagle[/size]
11KliggishrobinjbTeagleEagle00:28:--

Will they still be sitting pretty when additional competitors turn in times?

Top Bottom