Starting at Avogadro Enterprise in Tau Ceti, visit 7 stations that directly orbit white dwarf stars and take screenshots of their exteriors. No docking is required except at the finish line when you return to Avogadro Enterprise. Pilots are encouraged to utilize the supercharging of frame shift drives when near these white dwarf stars.
This is a modified "scramble" race:
- Get pre-launch screenshots while docked at Avogadro Enterprise in Tau Ceti.
- Visit the 7 other stations listed below in any order.
- Docking is NOT required.
- Take a screenshot of each station exterior, showing its name.
- Use white dwarf supercharging to travel farther, faster.
Start and finish at Avogadro Enterprise in Tau Ceti, then visit all of the other stations in this list, in any order.
|Avogadro Enterprise||Tau Ceti||10,214 ls|
|Stone's Legacy||LAWD 26||12,172 ls|
|Vasilyev Vision||LP 131-66||206 ls|
|Nusslein-Volhard Terminal||NLTT 46621||1,255 ls|
|Levi-Montalcini Terminal||LFT 367||1,055 ls|
|Larson Terminal||LP 825-559||1,340 ls|
|Doi Station||LP 542-33||630 ls|
|Reightler Station||PROCYON||11,392 ls|
- Stock Challenge
- No engineer mods or enhanced thrusters.
- Top Fuel
- Engineer mods and enhanced thrusters are allowed.
This race is somewhat unique in that station visits are required, but docking is not. This is because the race is more interested in testing a pilot's supercruise approach when there is no opportunity for gravity braking, than in testing docking/launch accuracy, which most other races cover.
So instead of the usual screenshot taken on the pad, we will be taking screenshots of the station exteriors, as follows:
- Target each station.
- Approach to within 1.5 km and take a screenshot. The shot must clearly show:
- The ship's HUD clock;
- Targeting info showing the distance to the station;
- The station's name printed on the station.
DECLARING INTENT TO RACE
Before racing, it is customary to declare your intent to race by posting in the thread, but it is not strictly necessary. To declare your intent, specify the following:
CMDR Name (forum alias)
Ship Name (ship type)
Ship Name (ship type)
So my intent to race might look like:
CMDR Seneh (Jhyrryl)
The same information must be submitted with your race entry.
RULES & PROCEDURES
Make sure you are playing in open and park your ship at Avogadro Enterprise in Tau Ceti. Proceed as follows:
- Collect visual evidence of your ship's outfitting (see the official How to Enter instructions).
- Collect visual evidence of your start (see the official How to Enter instructions).
- Travel your chosen route.
- Collect visual evidence as described above.
- Return to Avogadro Enterprise in Tau Ceti and collect visual evidence of your ship back on the pad.
- Upload your screenshots to imgur.com or another appropriate hosting site.
- Submit all visual evidence and other required info for your race entry to me via the forum's private message service (preferred) or email to jhyrryl<at>buckyballracing<dot>org<dot>uk.
Q: Is FSD supercharging required?
Q: Can I provide video evidence?
A: Yes, but only if you provide timestamps for the moments when you would have taken a required screenshot.
Q: Some of these supercruise distances are really far away.
A: That's not a question.
Q: Why are some of these supercruise distances so far away?
A: These are the only stations that met the requirements of the race organizer. Besides, being farther away from a star makes it more difficult for pilots to sync up their speed for dropping out of SC, due to travelling faster in the outer reaches of a system, and are therefore better for testing the skills of this race.