THE SWIFT-WALKER ECON SPRINT
An easy-to-run, very fast race to keep racers occupied while waiting for the Kessel Run Episode II!
Start at either station (see chart below) and navigate to the other using Economical Routes. Make as many attempts as possible until you achieve the perfect run!
This race can be completed in well under 5 minutes, so every second counts! The organizers expect it to be a photo-finish! So make sure to:
- Select a Fast Ship;
- Use A-Rated Thrusters and Power Distributor;
- Launch from an Optimally Located Pad;
- Avoid Slow Downs near Asteroid Clusters;
- Take Advantage of Planetary & Shield Braking Techniques.
You must provide standard screenshots for all systems visited, as described in the How to Enter section of the Buckyball Racing Club website. Those systems will be:
It is worth noting that if your ship's jump range is between 10.0 and 11.7 LYs, when you run the course from Walker Ring to Swift Port, you will follow the Swift Port to Walker Ring route in reverse, which is acceptable.
Additional screenshots must be submitted of the Station Services screen prior to launch and after landing. The pre-launch shot must show a full fuel tank and reservoir, and the refuel info in the post-landing shot will be used for any tie-breakers.
Submit all screenshots and other required info for your race attempt to this thread, via forum private message to Seneh, or emailed to jhyrryl <symbol: commercial at> buckyballracing <symbol: dot> org <symbol: dot> uk.
Ideally, your screenshots will be collected into an Imgur album and appropriately sorted. If you record your attempt with video, please extract screenshots with readable timestamps from the recording.
Submitted evidence must include:
- Your CMDR name.
- Your forum name if not the same as your CMDR name.
- Your ship's name and type.
- Game mode (Open, Solo, Private Group)
- Pre-launch Station Services screenshot.
- Race Start, Station Pad screenshot.
- 2 System Waypoint screenshots.
- Race End, Station Pad screenshot.
- Post-landing, Station Services screenshot.
- The time of your run.
EDIT!: It appears that my econ route testing was insufficiently thorough. I will accept any econ route, if your evidence includes a pre-launch screenshot of that route.
The following video demonstrates where and when to take screenshots during an un-optimized run.
Good luck, and fly fast, CMDRs!