Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Extended MWM: The Swift-Walker Econ Sprint (19th - 25th April)

Check the ship type column...the cat flew a Diamondback. ;)

I should have done a better job calling out the addition of a new ship type to the leader board. Apologies.

I should have done a better job of connecting the eyes to the brain. A thing I've repeatedly failed at apparently. No apologies needed, my bad. ;)

Six more runs this morning, all between 4:30 and 4:50. It seems the B@st@rd is perhaps not best suited to racing after all! :D

Ah well, it was fun trying. Thanks for hosting Seneh but it's time for me to go and do what this thing was truly designed to do.

Farewell until next time. o7

xY6ZkPe.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry, but RL prevents me from giving it another go today. Thanks for hosting this great race. Wish I could say that it made me a master of gravitational braking, when I'm clearly just starting my apprenticeship [noob]

On a different note; a shameless plug:

Sorry, but RL prevents me from giving it another go today. Thanks for hosting this great race. Wish I could say that it made me a master of gravitational braking, when I'm clearly just starting my apprenticeship [noob]

On a different note; a shameless plug:

http://i.imgur.com/E4Cy7TV.png

No shame at all...I'm looking forward to your race, and am happy to help make people aware of the impending May the 4th Be With You celebration.

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to make another run, either. (I suppose the race ends tonight, midnight Galactic Mean Time.)

So thank you, Seneh. It was an immense fun, both racing and here in this thread. :) And I spent a surprising amount of time with it, too, which tells more about this activity than anything. I am easily bored with things. Thank you.
And also thank you in general to all buckyballers. You guys are alright. [up]

Last edited:
I don't recall who did that originally, but my todo list includes making an improved version of it.

Hi, Seneh! Excellent race! Thanks for the time devoted to it.
About the landing pad map, I made one, when the number changed, based in the work of a Cmdr whose name I long ago forgotten (Sorry I can't give him his Rep).

kGp8Adc.png

Last edited:
Don't forget that furrycat and Alot have yet to submit times...so if you want 5th, you may want to look farther up the list past the 4-Minute Mark.

wKYX3ln.jpg

I'm on my way! I've got just under 10 hours to do a run, right? :D

Going as fast as I c- is that an untagged ELW?! Dammit... :p
(Not even kidding, tabbed back in halfway through writing this post, checked the system map... and there it was!)

Last edited:
I did have a go over the weekend (Cmdr Samwell Drakhyr, Cobra mkIII, Back of Beyond), but haven't submitted yet. Need to do so tonight, though I am still hoping I can go faster and avoid clipping mailslots. Doesn't look like I will be troubling the upper reaches of the board, though...

Last day run spamming starting now! Wait, I might have to try that Viper aswell. :rolleyes:

I hope I still manage to submit all the data correctly after doing all these runs. Many fails, curses and insurance screens expected. :D

I am greatly looking forward to any and all future additions/updates that are to be received in the next few hours. :)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to make another run, either. (I suppose the race ends tonight, midnight Galactic Mean Time.)

So thank you, Seneh. It was an immense fun, both racing and here in this thread. :) And I spent a surprising amount of time with it, too, which tells more about this activity than anything. I am easily bored with things. Thank you.
And also thank you in general to all buckyballers. You guys are alright. [up]
Like it or not, you're one of us, now. ;)

Hi, Seneh! Excellent race! Thanks for the time devoted to it.
About the landing pad map, I made one, when the number changed, based in the work of a Cmdr whose name I long ago forgotten (Sorry I can't give him his Rep).

Nice! I plan on doing something pretty extravagant...because I'm always planning things that are beyond my capabilities to accomplish. :)

One thing I tried to include on my version (robinjb did post a link to it above, but also repeated below) is the lit rings that circle the inside of the station, to be really clear on exactly how far back each landing pad is - I think this quite important when looking at racing approaches :)

starport landing pads.jpg

Is This the End?

Welcome to the board, CMDR Samwell Drakhyr, the man responsible for the BRC's creation!

efWK84q.png

Will this be the last update? Will CMDR CookieBot leapfrog CMDR Aken B.? Will CMDR Alot make it back in time to crush this race?

Stay tuned and find out!

Will this be the last update? Will CMDR CookieBot leapfrog CMDR Aken B.? Will CMDR Alot make it back in time to crush this race?

Stay tuned and find out!

Well, I'm back... Not sure about crushing it so far. :p

My second attempt yielded a respectable time, further efforts ongoing...

I also don't think I ever actually did this...

CMDR Alot
Cobra Mk III, Ballistic Doorstop

EDIT: Currently considering changing the ship name to Type-9 Magnet

EDIT: Scratch the no-crushing thing; that run has just put the cat slap bang between two pigeons that I didn't think you could really fit a cat between. Or something like that. :D

More edit: Sorry I didn't reply earlier Cookiehole, I literally pressed the Exit button as I saw your message pop up...

Last edited:
After 10 attempts, a few insurance screens and some reckless flying fines and bits and pieces of Cobras and Vipers floating around inside Swift and the asteroid fields of Tatil 6 it became clear:
The Cookiebots won't leapfrog CMDR Aken B.
Partly because of planets being in the way, stations being at the wrong side of their planet and traffic controllers not assigning any useful pads, but mainly due to burning and melting cables and circuits due to Cookiebot system overload and the resulting bad flying and piloting errors.
So congrats on that insanely fast 3:53 again and probably congrats to Alot for probably doing something very fast (awaiting final board update) with probably a ridiculously low number of attempts in non-optimal track conditions after coming back from a long exploration trip.
It has been really nice seeing and flying with five other racers on the course this evening, so thanks to all participants and especially to Seneh for organizing. It has been great fun :)
(ok, the not winning hasn't been that much fun, but I might maybe one day overcome it :p )

After 10 attempts, a few insurance screens and some reckless flying fines and bits and pieces of Cobras and Vipers floating around inside Swift and the asteroid fields of Tatil 6 it became clear:
The Cookiebots won't leapfrog CMDR Aken B.
Partly because of planets being in the way, stations being at the wrong side of their planet and traffic controllers not assigning any useful pads, but mainly due to burning and melting cables and circuits due to Cookiebot system overload and the resulting bad flying and piloting errors.
So congrats on that insanely fast 3:53 again and probably congrats to Alot for probably doing something very fast (awaiting final board update) with probably a ridiculously low number of attempts in non-optimal track conditions after coming back from a long exploration trip.
It has been really nice seeing and flying with five other racers on the course this evening, so thanks to all participants and especially to Seneh for organizing. It has been great fun :)
(ok, the not winning hasn't been that much fun, but I might maybe one day overcome it :p )

Completely agree on the fun part... Definitely think this race format is a winner, and hope we can have similar ones in future. Many thanks indeed for making it happen Seneh :)

I also know that not-winning feeling cookiehole (don't laugh, it does happen :p), and I'm deliberately leaving my time where it is for the rest of this evening to avoid overdoing it on this race after sort-of burning out on the long journey back (and the horrors of what came after it - namely the "Sell Page" button, 238 times)
Sorry I couldn't be around more earlier, it was very good fun while I was... Housemates dragged me to watch "Throne of Games" or somesuch.

I have 2 updates for the final leader board, with 2 hours left until the race's end. I'm going to hold off until I'm sure that everyone's done, and then will post those final results. :)

I'm glad people enjoyed the format. I'll be identifying other courses to run it on for future Mid-Week Madness slots that don't get filled by our many other, awesome organizers.

Don't you people dare to cast my Moby down from Top10! :D

If it's any consolation, had I not been rushing to get a time in at all, I would have tried it with the Samborca...
But it was in a ramming outfit, which doesn't do its max speed any favours. All the hull reinforcement would have helped with crashing into things though. :D

Top Bottom