Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Extended MWM: The Swift-Walker Econ Sprint (19th - 25th April)

THE SWIFT-WALKER ECON SPRINT

AsAlrDz.png

jlSjbAQ.png

An easy-to-run, very fast race to keep racers occupied while waiting for the Kessel Run Episode II!

Start at either station (see chart below) and navigate to the other using Economical Routes. Make as many attempts as possible until you achieve the perfect run!

This race can be completed in well under 5 minutes, so every second counts! The organizers expect it to be a photo-finish! So make sure to:

• Select a Fast Ship;
  • Use A-Rated Thrusters and Power Distributor;
  • Launch from an Optimally Located Pad;
  • Avoid Slow Downs near Asteroid Clusters;
  • Take Advantage of Planetary & Shield Braking Techniques.
Because of the great likelihood for a tie, this race includes a tie-breaker mechanic. Each race must be started with a full fuel tank and reservoir, and the winner will be whichever vehicle has the emptiest tank and reservoir.

You must provide standard screenshots for all systems visited, as described in the How to Enter section of the Buckyball Racing Club website. Those systems will be:

Start
System

1st Jump
System

2nd Jump
Sytem

Finish
System

Longest
Jump
Swift Port
To
Walker Ring

Tatil

Maujinagoto

NLTT 53889

Yarigui

10.0 LYs
Walker Ring
To
Swift Port

Yarigui

NLTT 53889

LTT 16523

Tatil

11.7 LYs

It is worth noting that if your ship's jump range is between 10.0 and 11.7 LYs, when you run the course from Walker Ring to Swift Port, you will follow the Swift Port to Walker Ring route in reverse, which is acceptable.

Additional screenshots must be submitted of the Station Services screen prior to launch and after landing. The pre-launch shot must show a full fuel tank and reservoir, and the refuel info in the post-landing shot will be used for any tie-breakers.

Submit all screenshots and other required info for your race attempt to this thread, via forum private message to Seneh, or emailed to jhyrryl <symbol: commercial at> buckyballracing <symbol: dot> org <symbol: dot> uk.

Ideally, your screenshots will be collected into an Imgur album and appropriately sorted. If you record your attempt with video, please extract screenshots with readable timestamps from the recording.

Submitted evidence must include:

• Your CMDR name.
  • Your forum name if not the same as your CMDR name.
  • Your ship's name and type.
  • Game mode (Open, Solo, Private Group)
  • Pre-launch Station Services screenshot.
  • Race Start, Station Pad screenshot.
  • 2 System Waypoint screenshots.
  • Race End, Station Pad screenshot.
  • Post-landing, Station Services screenshot.
  • The time of your run.
All submitted runs must take place entirely during the days of 19 April 3302 through 25 April 3302.

EDIT!: It appears that my econ route testing was insufficiently thorough. I will accept any econ route, if your evidence includes a pre-launch screenshot of that route.

The following video demonstrates where and when to take screenshots during an un-optimized run.
[video=youtube_share;9a6FoyH2leE]https://youtu.be/9a6FoyH2leE[/video]

Good luck, and fly fast, CMDRs!

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting this to go on until the 25th - I might actually be able to enter! \o/
With such a short race duration I might end up trying quite a few ships, if I have time. I suspect the Imperial Eagle could be the one to beat, here - it would be a first for the BRC if one did win, I think. Looking forward to it!

You know, I was intending to be back in the bubble before the CGs ended on Thursday.
Now, I read this, which sounds just like my kind of race.

Which naturally, is exactly why my PC chose late last night as the perfect time to cease functioning. :p

I'm around 20k from Sol, so not only does my participation require heading home rapidly enough, it now also depends on my hardware troubleshooting abilities and almost certainly the speed of Scan and DPD. Wish me luck!

Wait, now I think about it... Where did that BRC beer mat next to my tower come from, that wasn't here when I left earlier... Sabotage! ;)

Last edited:
ahhh shucks! this looks like a real blast! pretty sure i won't make the required 60+kylies in time ;)

i'll keep up with the times and hopefully a few more videos.

*i like the economical routing

fly reckless CMDRs
<-lightspeed->

Love the demonstration video - nice job!
Thanks!

This looks like a job...

*puts on sunglasses*

...for the Orca!
Excellent! Maybe I should have a leaderboard for each ship size. :)

You know, I was intending to be back in the bubble before the CGs ended on Thursday.
Now, I read this, which sounds just like my kind of race.

Which naturally, is exactly why my PC chose late last night as the perfect time to cease functioning. :p

I'm around 20k from Sol, so not only does my participation require heading home rapidly enough, it now also depends on my hardware troubleshooting abilities and almost certainly the speed of Scan and DPD. Wish me luck!

Wait, now I think about it... Where did that BRC beer mat next to my tower come from, that wasn't here when I left earlier... Sabotage! ;)
Here's wishing you luck, getting on the circuit (and circuit board)! [up]

ahhh shucks! this looks like a real blast! pretty sure i won't make the required 60+kylies in time ;)

i'll keep up with the times and hopefully a few more videos.

*i like the economical routing

fly reckless CMDRs
<-lightspeed->
Maybe next time. :) This is the kind of event that can be squeezed in whenever...and there are lots of Swift/Fast/Quick/Walker stations, so I can change things up each time! They aren't likely to all be this short though...some will be outright marathons requiring dozens of jumps. ;)

I've added a note to the original post regarding a 3rd valid route. I'll also note that if you want to run a ship configuration that gives less than a 10 LY jump range, and which therefore routes through different system, I'll accept it with the provision that your submitted evidence must include an Outfitting screenshot so that I can confirm the configuration / route.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
This sounds like a really interesting race, I look forward to watching the jostling on the leaderboard. I've just reached Beagle Crossing and even though I'm in a 34-35Ly jump range Asp I cannot find my way across the void :( Some evasive manoeuvres are called for adding more unnecessary time to my run, hopefully this thread will keep me entertained.

CMDR the raikobot will be attending this event as soon as the Indi Bourbon CG has finished (gotta unlock as much Indi Bourbon as possible for the Bootlegger Challenge!).

I haven't got a clue want ship I'll be using, the raikobot has no Empire Ranks, so probably an Eagle or Viper.

So just to be sure - those three allowed interstage systems - does it matter through which two of them we get from start to finish? Because my route planer is pertinaciously choosing the wrong ones. [sour]

So just to be sure - those three allowed interstage systems - does it matter through which two of them we get from start to finish? Because my route planer is pertinaciously choosing the wrong ones. [sour]

Probably not...I'm going to guess that you have a sub-10 LY range...but if you PM me a screen capture of your Navigation tab, I'll try to confirm.

Last edited:
IMPORTANT NOTICE!

After some collaboration with Chris, I'm further clarifying that I will accept any econ route, if you include a a pre-launch screenshot of that route in the GalMap.

After some collaboration with Chris, I'm further clarifying that I will accept any econ route, if you include a a pre-launch screenshot of that route in the GalMap.

On that note, I was wrong about the iEagle - she follows the route suggested in the OP just fine (I just didn't fly the opposite direction, before). So it's just big ships that go both ways via the same systems, omitting the LTT 16524 entirely as "too much off course" (smart Orca, smart)
It's still three jumps to finish, though.

Also be advised, first jump from Swift Port, Tatil is now obscured and, considering the orbit speed, will remain so for next 6-10 hours.

Good luck, everyone.

Top Bottom