Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Extended MWM: The Swift-Walker Econ Sprint (19th - 25th April)

1st Time Submitted

ZvwnIgA.png

CMDR Kliggish takes a commanding lead, posting a time that is 6 seconds better than the tutorial run!

edit: I'll fix RobinJB's forum name in the next update. Oops. :eek:

Last edited:
Also (While we are at the seconds haggling and before Seneh starts to hate us for nitpicking :p) Will there be separate categories for Solo and Open?
You gave us both options, but I am running consistently about 3-5 seconds faster times in Solo, thanks to faster hyper jumps and SC drops.

Probably, given how much of a difference even 1 second is likely to make in this race. Generally, most Buckyball racers will run in Open in order to make sure they're always comparing apples to apples. But if we get other entry types, I'll accommodate them with their own leader board.

Probably, given how much of a difference even 1 second is likely to make in this race. Generally, most Buckyball racers will run in Open in order to make sure they're always comparing apples to apples. But if we get other entry types, I'll accommodate them with their own leader board.

All cool. i think most of us run in open. I was just experimenting so I thought I'd let you know. :)

Thanks for the update.. 6 seconds off a sidey ... that's embarrassing for a cobra.. so ive sent my second run in which was a bit faster. ;)
A D-Rated Sidey, at that. ;)

Board updated, with 14 more seconds hacked off of CMDR Kliggish's commanding lead!

2NJ1ZYt.png

Now we just need some more entries...

Last edited:
shaving off but a single second can be incredibly difficult

Challenge accepted. :D

But maybe tomorrow...this evening there's too much of a clear sky to pass it up, time to leave fictional planets and take a look at a couple of real ones ;)

I'm with cmdr Alot on this one...ok, let's do some calculation on fuel consumption...if I equip a 2T tank on a Viper with a mass of...hey, what's that blinking red button over there, let me see...uhm, "Ludicrous Speed", I wonder what will happen if I press it...

Kliggish seems so lonely on that first board, so I handed my first attemt in.
If I had to bet on the eventual winning time I'd put it at around 3:48. Until Alot shows up and does it in 3:20.
The race is on :)

Challenge accepted. :D

But maybe tomorrow...this evening there's too much of a clear sky to pass it up, time to leave fictional planets and take a look at a couple of real ones ;)

I'm with cmdr Alot on this one...ok, let's do some calculation on fuel consumption...if I equip a 2T tank on a Viper with a mass of...hey, what's that blinking red button over there, let me see...uhm, "Ludicrous Speed", I wonder what will happen if I press it...

Buona sera, Aken.
Good luck on this one ;)
I said I will do it in Orca, so many of you will beat me, but be warned, if it looks like I'm last, I have an 4:05 iEagle run in my pocket! :p

New Leader!

Grats to CMDR Cookiebot for taking a chip out of the lead time!

jyJ2CPw.png

edit: oh, and also for making this a race. ;)

Last edited:
its all gone a bit de ja vu .. I think ill self impose 5 attempts at the race... ive had 2. . I could spend all day doing it.. that's not really fair though. so 3 left. hope I don't fluff them.

CMDR Inodoro Pereyra joins the board in 3rd place, showing the other Cobra pilots how to fly while carrying only what is needed to reach the destination. Nice job, Onane! 9 seconds less, and that 1% tank would be the difference between 1st and 2nd.

fLSrxUr.png

The Sans Serif cometh! (and then it goeth aroundeth a huge loop of shameth).

Just warming up tho' ... off to A class my thrusters and then I'll be back.

First Non-Alias, Non-Snake Entry!

CMDR Alec Turner has submitted a time for the first ship that isn't a Cobra Mk. III, and is literally only seconds behind those in front of him!

tcL2wxH.png

Thus far, everyone has reported significant issues that can be overcome for improved times.

Will you be the next board leader? Who will be the first to break the 4-Minute Mark?

Participate and find out!

Last edited:
If I were to run multiple ship types would they all appear on the scoreboard?
I'm afraid not, not for MWM. I'm trying to keep it relatively simple. If this were a main event (e.g., Swift-Walker Econ Marathon), then I'd probably do it, or at least would have different classes in some capacity. But for now we'll stick with 1 entry per pilot.

RobinJB, exploring many different ships would be a worthy way to allow yourself more than just 5 runs. :)

I think the in-game % is over-reporting!!.... Calculations shows a fuel cost: 1.9936T that's 0.32% remaining :D

It's rounding the numbers up, obviously. That's why you can't pay less than 10 Cr for a fuel, although you just made it out of the letterbox and back :D

Top Bottom