Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Extended MWM: The Swift-Walker Econ Sprint (19th - 25th April)

I don't believe that there are any more entries or updates forthcoming, but who knows...there were 3 new entrants during the last 3 hours of the race!

So, with the 15th and final leader board update of the race, 1st-place and congratulations goes to...

CMDR Aken B. in the Viper Mk. III, Spirit of Shenanigan!

jlSjbAQ.png
But really, congrats to everyone who participated; it was a really fun race to host. I look forward to doing more.

Once again, HUGE thank you to Seneh, Congrats to winners and cheers to all of us, who know how to simply have fun.
It was all awesome.
[up]

Until next time, commanders. o7

Last edited:
Congratulations Aken B., welcome back Alot and, from myself and W@r B@st@rd #2[SIZE=1][B] (1)[/B][/SIZE], thanks again to Seneh for hosting another excellent Buckyball race.

[SIZE=1][B](1)[/B][/SIZE] yes, alas W@r B@st@rd #1, having survived a dozen Buckystyle landings, met with a tragic fate this morning when, having obliterated all opposition, she parked alongside Fernandes Depot, and another commander showed up resetting the entire damn instance while I was out in the buggy and brought a reign a firey death down upon her [sad]

Thanks for the welcome back all! Not sure if cookiehole's opinion on the matter will have changed after I nicked second place. :p

Run video is here, including one spectacular nosedive into the control tower :D

[video=youtube_share;s3xy2uhxQmo]https://youtu.be/s3xy2uhxQmo[/video]

Last edited:
Great stuff Seneh. Loved that it was short so could get many runs in and also great to see loads of people on the course. Racing with cookiebot was very illuminating ;)

Thanks for the welcome back all! Not sure if cookiehole's opinion on the matter will have changed after I nicked second place. :p

It's illuminating to see a run containing (by my own standards anyway) zero mistakes (and I'm sure the same applies to all the top times). Efficient take off and landing plus a seemingly perfectly executed double planetary brake - don't quite see how you can deliberately go faster than that other than to keep doing it and benefit from micro-differences between runs. I'm not sure I've ever had a run like that in any Bucky race, where I haven't thought "I could have done that part a bit faster".

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

(and the horrors of what came after it - namely the "Sell Page" button, 238 times)

Did you see this from today's patch notes?

Change the default number of items per page in Exploration selling from 20 to 50 following from server-side optimisations.

Last edited:

You stole my favourite soundtrack, now I'll need something creative :p
A ship jumping in witchspace, hyperfast zooming tunnel of flashy lights, Bruce inson screaming "Ruuun, liiive tooo flyyyy, flyyy tooo liiiive", there can never be enough rep for this. :D

And to think that you did this time, with that nosedive!
Also, why on Earth (and beyond) I never bound a key for galmap shortcut? :rolleyes:

Congrats to everyone, and Seneh of course for hosting this very fun kind of "short and frantic" event.

Racing with cookiebot was very illuminating ;)

Absolutely, racing with him was illuminating. In the sense that, most of the time, he illuminated me with the fires of his exhausts! Damn he's fast [up]

Well done CMDR Seneh for hosting a most excellent race, congrats to everyone who took part, especially CMDR Aken B. (wow those times were really close in the end), and welcome back CMDR Alot. :D

I had wanted to make a couple more runs on the last evening, but I didn't have any spare time unfortunately (not even enough for a <5 min race! :( lol).

It's illuminating to see a run containing (by my own standards anyway) zero mistakes (and I'm sure the same applies to all the top times). Efficient take off and landing plus a seemingly perfectly executed double planetary brake
I was quite happy with the planetary braking - that was the second time I got it right (plus one horrible overshoot :D), and fortunately the rest of the run also came together!

Did you see this from today's patch notes?
Yes... Yes I Futharking well did. :p

Sssshhh don't tell him that now, break it gently... You need pictures of kittens in a basket or something
The kittens are indeed very soothing, thank you. :D

You stole my favourite soundtrack, now I'll need something creative :p
A ship jumping in witchspace, hyperfast zooming tunnel of flashy lights, Bruce inson screaming "Ruuun, liiive tooo flyyyy, flyyy tooo liiiive", there can never be enough rep for this. :D

And to think that you did this time, with that nosedive!
I basically went looking for suitable songs that were about the right length; I broke from tradition by starting the music before launch so I could know how I was doing more accurately. But yes, the song did fit very well. :D

As for the nosedive... I'm not entirely sure what the best landing strategy is for a Cobra, especially after the landing gear flight model change. As soon as you start the landing gear going down the damn thing basically feels like a giant hockey puck!
The nosedive was actually my effort at doing something useful after losing what felt like all my vertical thrust capabilities - it turned out surprisingly well to be honest. Given the extra speed I was coming in at compared to a more sensible landing, I'm not sure how much time it actually lost me...

I'm going to upload a side-by-side video this evening...trust me it lost you some time ;)

Maybe so, but given how my earlier more traditional landings went, I think I prefer that one! Seems to me like approaching the pad with too much force in a Cobra can result in you violently bouncing off to the side for some reason. Don't like it. :D

Also, as someone who tried both one after the other in BBR7... If that side-by-side is between a Cobra and a Viper, I concede nothing; night and day between trying to get those two onto the pad in a hurry in my opinion. :p

congrats to Aken B for winning , and to Seneh for hosting a really nice little race.
Aken B, you've won a few times now.. I need to direct my hosting cheerleading in your direction mate.. now cookies got the message and is doing something hopefully over the summer ...start thinking of some race ideas for a MWM or something. well done all runners, big up the BRC.

Congratulations to Aken B for winning and to Seneh for a great choice of race! Well done everyone who took part and I look forward to seeing you at the next event. This race has helped me start to get back into things, though I still have a lot to relearn (nearly lost my Python three times last night as a result of interdictions and forgetting to request docking permission... has the AI always been such a good shot with railguns? The player interdiction I faced was less hazardous than a lone NPC Gunship with rails and frag cannons...). At least the Kessel Run will be covering some familiar territory. I wonder what the improved class 2 and 3 thrusters will mean to the choice of ships in future... <checking the location of my free eagle on the Galmap>.

Here's the video of my run (without the awesome soundtrack from Iron Maiden, because Alot used it first...at least he beat me to it :p).
As I said, I had to get creative :D:

[video=youtube_share;JkCozT_6Uxs]https://youtu.be/JkCozT_6Uxs[/video]

And also, the ship setup I used:

Yqw8baI.jpg

Side-by-side video as soon as I decide how to upload it...

My rep tank is so empty, I guess I need to visit other areas of the forums.

Thanks again, everyone! I hope to see you all at the next event!

Top Bottom