Buckyball Racing Club present: Thargoid Structure Scramble

I'll try to take a look at the course this weekend @Ozric and then will hopefully manage a run. I'm not having a great time with the current lockdown: homeschooling + working mostly from home = no free time.

But your race looks great and includes some places I've never visited, so hopefully I'll make it. :)

I'll try to take a look at the course this weekend @Ozric and then will hopefully manage a run. I'm not having a great time with the current lockdown: homeschooling + working mostly from home = no free time.

But your race looks great and includes some places I've never visited, so hopefully I'll make it. :)
I have just taken early retirement and seem to have some free time available to me. Less than I imagined. but free nevertheless. (Apparently there are at least 1 million repairs or decorating jobs need doing)

Unfortunately you are unable to buy this loadout in the Pleiades sector, so you will need to buy it in the bubble and fly out to the Pleiades with it. The Cobra has some of the best paint jobs, so I look forward to seeing what you’re flying.

Prepping the Magnificent Boostard for Thargoid-harassing duties:

20210203234926_1.jpg

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator

Fingers crossed you can make it, but completely understandable if you can't. But I'm sure you can ;) It is at least straight forward this race, if not slightly dangerous.

Prepping the Magnificent Boostard for Thargoid-harassing duties:
Very nice indeed!

.Just finished my first research/practise run. Not convinced I've picked the closest sites/fastest route, but there's more time to look into that.
Nice, the decal goes well with the paintjob.

Ok I have a route, I have a ship and have run a complete valid legal run. No scoop or double jumps needed and the hull can take the entire course. Think I is ready for the race. May not be fast but I will be able to run it.
Just completed another couple of runs tonight, one research, one practice. Major pain in the rear I'm experiencing is finding the Thargoid Crash Ship quickly, doesn't seem to show up on Contacts until I'm right on top of it.

Couple of quick bits of self promotion.

First, I ended up doing another quick interview with Kai Zen for an Elite Week special last night where we talked a bit about this race along with a few other subjects.

Source: https://youtu.be/pIFS4HsvI6A

And second, in that interview we allude to the fact that you can get the Thargoid base to do something very cool (two things in fact). If anyone hasn't been to the Thargoid bases before and is intrigued, I did a write-up of my adventures in this regard a while back which you may find interesting.

While I did make it back to the bubble yesterday, as it happens I'm just in time to compete in the final event of the Scarab Mastery Championship which takes place tonight. So today I'll be practicing for that so as not to totally embarrass myself but tomorrow? Tomorrow it's Scramble time!

Good luck everyone. May your cargo holds not corrode before you land!

Well, that was an absolute dumpster fire of a first run. Managed to find the crashed Thargoid ship quite fast (thanks to another CMDR, presumably doing a BRC run, CMDR Magary or similar, Asp X, also going down to the ship. Picked up the sensors, then got hyperdicted on the second leg. First Thargoid structure, managed to pick the one entrance that was blocked by rubble, so had to go round to the next entrance to get in and scan. Managed to get to the second structure with no issue. Third structure, fundamental lesson learnt here; accidentally DISMISSED THE SHIP while trying to transfer the sensor. ARGGHHH. Had to drive 2.5km away from the structure in order to recall the ship, fly it back to the structure, land and then deploy SRV etc. That absolutely shafted any chance of a fast run. Oh well. Time for another run later I suppose.

Picture: Thargoid taking a rather unfriendly interest in my iCourier

Screenshot_0243.jpg

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Third structure, fundamental lesson learnt here; accidentally DISMISSED THE SHIP while trying to transfer the sensor. ARGGHHH. Had to drive 2.5km away from the structure in order to recall the ship, fly it back to the structure, land and then deploy SRV etc.
Oof, I feel for you there. It's bad enough accidentally dismissing you ship during a race anyway but you got a double whammy there!

Just assuming that in Open class, you are permitted to use a corrosion resistant cargo rack?
You are indeed.

Top Bottom