Advanced Options is a short circuit race, starting and ending at Haisheng Orbital in Noatiaca.
The route is as shown:
To complete the race the pilot must do one circuit starting at Haisheng Orbital, visiting each waypoint in turn and returning to Haisheng.
There are two race classes:
- Any ship may enter
- Engineer mods, Enhanced Performance Thrusters and FSD boost are allowed
- Multiple leaderboard entries (best submission for each ship type will appear separately)
- Ships allowed: Cobra MkIII, Viper MkIII, Eagle, Hauler, Sidewinder (no restrictions on basic outfitting)
- Engineer mods, Enhanced Performance Thrusters and FSD boost are disallowed
- Single leaderboard entry (you can run as many times as you like, only your best time will be used)
Hm... Actually hang on, what does this button do?
You may choose to race according to certain conditions as defined above, to have time subtracted from your final race time.
Which options you take is entirely up to you - you can choose to do none, or if you really want to you can try to do all of them (although that may be a little optimistic!)
Certain options will require extra evidence as detailed below. A full run video is an acceptable (and highly recommended!) replacement for extra evidence.
Low performance impact video recording can be done on most PCs using OBS, or using Shadowplay for Nvidia GPUs or Raptr for AMD GPUs.
Additional details on specific options:
- Pulling Your Weight: You can't be carrying shields - all optional internals must be full-size cargo racks.
- Disregard the Constabulary: You must have at least one offensive weapon on board.
- Disregard the Constabulary: Hardpoints must be deployed around or before entering the no-fire zone, and must be kept out at least until through the slot. 20% is removed from the bonus each time you forget.
- Status: Friendly: You must do this every time you approach a station; 20% is removed from the bonus each time you forget.
- Status: Friendly: Station name must be in full (both words) and spelled correctly in the sent chat message: 10% is removed from the bonus for typos! Also no copy-pasting or macros!
- Ten Year Plan: The modules must spell DECADE in order, with the first D being the Power Plant all the way down to E Sensors.
- Race-About-Face: You must be going fully backwards as you go through the slot - centre of forward view must be facing towards back of station/out into space as appropriate. 20% is removed from the bonus for each time this isn't the case.
- Race-About-Face: You can head towards the slot however you like, as long as you are facing fully backwards when travelling through it.
- Race-About-Face: Mass numbers are based on hull mass (as shown in the hull column on Coriolis), not with modules fitted.
- Pulling Your Weight: additional screenshot of cargo tab/commodities market before launch
- Disregard the Constabulary: screenshots on approach and departure of each waypoint showing hardpoints deployed
- Status: Friendly: screenshots on approach to each waypoint showing text in local chat
- Race-About-Face: screenshots while passing through the slot facing backwards for each entry and exit.
How do I enter?
The basics are covered in the BRC's guide on entering races.
During the event, you're allowed to submit provisional evidence consisting of a start and end screenshot. This is so you don't have to organise and upload a ton of screenshots only to produce a better time five minutes later.
By the end of the event, though, you'll have to produce full evidence for your best run(s), which will consist of:
- Outfitting screenshots (1 x hardpoints, 1-2 x core internals, 1-2 x optional internals)
- Start screenshot (on the pad at Haisheng Orbital)
- Waypoint screenshots (on the pad at Covey Gateway, Lukyanenko Vision and Swanson Port)
- End screenshot (on the pad at Haisheng Orbital)
- Any extra screenshots for advanced options
So, as a whole you'll need to provide the following information when you submit times:
- CMDR name and forum username
- Race class
- Ship type and name
- Race time without any adjustments applied (handy calculator)
- Which Advanced options you used
- Link to screenshots on image hosting site (e.g. imgur) and/or run video
Please submit your times within 48 hours of running the race so the scoreboard can (hopefully) be updated in a timely manner. The race organiser reserves the right to penalise late submissions!
One final note: some racers have reported that using the non-Horizons client (the normal Elite Dangerous one) can result in faster hyperspace jumps. If you really want to shave those extra seconds, consider making the switch!
So... Tweak your ships, fire up your engines ... and choose wisely. Submissions are open.