Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Beggars Canyon live-MWM

Brilliant videos on how to get there and what not to do when you arrive :D

I'll head over there tomorrow morning for a recce/practice and leave myself parked near the start area so I'm as ready as possible should I make it home in time to race. If I'm a bit late I might try to drop in anyway to spectate (or perhaps I'll just jump into my SRV and put on my Womp Rat disguise!).

The track as of a few minutes ago :D

uIrKW5I.jpg

At this time, the following CMDRs have signed up:

CESTCDTAEST
Alec TurnerSpartanCK7Terrorsidic
The ZephyrionInodoro Pereyra
Heat Shield Kami Hoshino
Knils_Nodantasee
Rewision X
AlexRusich
Orange Sheets

drakhyr and Seneh have also shown interest, but not signed up for a time zone yet.

As expected, most people are from Europe, but not many from other places. Which leaves me with a problem. 2 people in one timezone are hardly a competition and one is none at all.
If we don't see a significant influx of people in Asia and the Americas, I might be forced to transfer those people to the European segment, if possible.

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Can do 3am AEST (Europe time)

And heres a timelapse of the eclipse from earlier,
[video=youtube;5F9j4h2g3aI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F9j4h2g3aI[/video]

Last edited:
drakhyr and Seneh have also shown interest, but not signed up for a time zone yet.

As expected, most people are from Europe, but not many from other places. Which leaves me with a problem. 2 people in one timezone are hardly a competition and one is none at all.
If we don't see a significant influx of people in Asia and the Americas, I might be forced to transfer those people to the European segment, if possible.

Please let me know what you think.

While I'm in the U.S., I can't make the America's time. I might be able to make the Euro time, but won't know until an hour or two beforehand.

Well here's an interesting development, smack bang in the middle of the starting area ...

mT4O32E.png

Looks like Sand People.

Oh, and yes, I've ditched the Cobra for an Eagle. There are, as you say, some tight corners.

Last edited:
Well here's an interesting development, smack bang in the middle of the starting area ...

http://i.imgur.com/mT4O32E.png

Looks like Sand People.

Oh, and yes, I've ditched the Cobra for an Eagle. There are, as you say, some tight corners.

Hmm, I wonder if the BackGround Simulation detects an increase player activity in a particular area and generates a Point Of Interest.

And it looks more like moisture farmers to me - complete with vaporators :)

Last edited:
Hmm, I wonder if the BackGround Simulation detects an increase player activity in a particular area and generates a Point Of Interest.

Well, I took away the gold (and blew up the skimmers) that spawned there last night while Knils Nodantasee, AlexRusich, The Zephyrion and I were there :D

I'm told the link in the opening post to join the Buckyball Racing Club channel on Discord isn't working, so please use this one: BRC Discord.

Thanks. Link in OP also fixed now.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

After the heats we should do a race or a few laps with everyone there at the same time :)

I haven't heard from SpartanCK7 and Inodoro Pereyra whether they can move to the EU timezone.

It does

You should see all the POI's that spawn during Elite Racer events :D

Had a fantastic one during a base jumping event where this little POI spawned right on the drop-off and made the most perfect starting gate. You can see it around the 2m20s mark in the following video ...

[video=youtube_share;cQRnMqEpU4Y]http://youtu.be/cQRnMqEpU4Y[/video]

Well, I took away the gold (and blew up the skimmers) that spawned there last night while Knils Nodantasee, AlexRusich, The Zephyrion and I were there :D

I got fined by hitting one of the skimmers at that POI bit before Knils entered the area. Nasty little things.

I haven't heard from SpartanCK7 and Inodoro Pereyra whether they can move to the EU timezone.
Hi Stern!
I'll try to break away from RL, but not sure; probably will arrive 5min before start.

Edit: I have a freacking meeting.... :mad: So I will appear in Americas time just to make some circuits.

Last edited:
Top Bottom