Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Buckey Ball Raleigh (15th - 17th March) midweek madness

Finally a usable run:

CMDR Stern Winter
Hauler "Yellow Snow"
Open mode

Photographic evidence and time forwarded to race marshalls.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Finally a usable run:

CMDR Stern Winter
Hauler "Yellow Snow"
Open mode

Photographic evidence and time forwarded to race marshalls.

Good to see you on the course too :)

I managed to just miss the toast rack to "rebound" into Raleigh Orbital and face planted into the side of the station :( I would have taken about 1 minute off my time, but I think I'm going to have to try the hauler to see if I can do better.

At least I ended in true Buckyball style, considering the last system on my run was an unscoopable I managed to judge the amount of fuel just right ;)
Screenshot_0002.jpg

[size=+2]CLASSIFICATION[/size]
RSECMDR nameForum nameShip nameShip typeRaced
11cookieholecookieholeCookieboxHauler00:11:56
21OzricOzricIsilAsp Explorer00:12:34
32KliggishrobinjbKhaki MulletAsp Explorer00:13:15
43Inodoro PereyraOnaneDegraded ControlsAsp Explorer00:13:22
54Heat Shieldracer1JackAsp Explorer00:13:29
61Samwell DrakhyrdrakhyrBlack MariaDiamondback Explorer00:13:34
72Stern WinterStern WinterYellow SnowHauler00:13:37
81Adt OophoiCMDR MicheyElwoodImperial Courier00:14:43
91Aken B.AkenBoschSuperluminal CoffinSidewinder00:17:02
101AELSONGUERRAaelson.guerraAELSONGUERRA's Cobra Mk IIICobra Mk III00:20:38

The times are revealed and it's cookiehole's Hauler Cookiebox holding on to the lead, 38s clear of Ozric's Asp Isil with an improved time. Early leader Kliggish's Asp Khaki Mullet is a further 41s back.

The chasing pack are more closely grouped; only 22s separate Kliggish, Inodoro Pereyra's Asp Degraded Controls, Heat Shield's Asp Jack, Samwell Drakhyr's Diamondback Black Maria and Stern Winter's Hauler Yellow Snow.

Adt Oophoi in the Imperial Courier Elwood is in eighth place. Aken B. in the Sidewinder Superluminal Coffin and AELSONGUERRA in a Cobra bring up the rear.

Still no activity from Jak, the raikobot or Alec Turner. Maybe a video of SRV tomfoolery will attract the latter's attention.
[video=youtube;PD3C3Gmygk4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD3C3Gmygk4[/video]

Update! Jak has improved his time and now sits in third place.

RSECMDR nameForum nameShip nameShip typeRaced
11cookieholecookieholeCookieboxHauler00:11:56
21OzricOzricIsilAsp Explorer00:12:34
32JakJhyrrylThe Mini EnigmaHauler00:13:14
With the end of the race drawing ever nearer it's time to start thinking about the presentation ceremony. I would ask that the top three submit beauty shots of their ships to be used if they should retain their position. Also anyone who submits a better time than 13m14s between now and the end of the race, and thus would take a podium place, would ideally include a beauty shot in the submission.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Entry PM'd
Should be nearer the bottom of the list

Got the bug have ye? ;)

Hauler runs = write-off. I am actually going to be really intrigued to see how Cookie hauled that hauler :p around that much faster in something that must have had to do at least 3 maybe 4 more jumps. If he's running the double fuel tank then there won't be a need to scoop, whereas I do in the Asp so that might account for 1 or 2 jumps, but still :D

*Edit* Do you know I'm reading this back and thinking, I bet he only had 2 extra jumps and he's just better :D

Last edited:
I am actually going to be really intrigued to see how Cookie hauled that hauler :p

I'll try to get the video up as soon as possible, probably by tomorrow evening. Basically just flying fast :D
I would have at least tried the Asp as it should need two jumps less than the Hauler loadout I've flown, but the Cookiebots don't have the credits and I was too lazy to do another few smuggling runs...

Okay, all the talk of 2 fewer jumps... ::mumblegrumble::

Intent to race with only about 4 hours left...

CMDR JAK
The Obvious Enigma (Asp Explorer)
The Less Obvious Enigma (Asp Explorer)
Open

edit: the usual one is fitted for deep space exploration...gonna have to find a fixed-up junker in a used ships port....

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Okay, all the talk of 2 fewer jumps... ::mumblegrumble::

Intent to race with only about 4 hours left...

CMDR JAK
The Obvious Enigma (Asp Explorer)
The Less Obvious Enigma (Asp Explorer)
Open

edit: the usual one is fitted for deep space exploration...gonna have to find a fixed-up junker in a used ships port....

Errr... Sorry it's too late to change your entry :p

Update! Jak has improved his time and now sits in third place..
whaaaaaat!!!!! 1 second.. your lucky im away chappers or id be all over that trying to get 3rd again... ive only managed to do that one run.
im having to do some work on holiday now.. first world problems eh. so no more runs for me on this race.
I will find some time to run spring break coming up though .. good luck to all and fly unsafe! again.. great little race furry. MWM rules!

Last edited:
whaaaaaat!!!!! 1 second.. your lucky im away chappers or id be all over that trying to get 3rd again... ive only managed to do that one run.
im having to do some work on holiday now.. first world problems eh. so no more runs for me on this race.
I will find some time to run spring break coming up though .. good luck to all and fly unsafe! again.. great little race furry. MWM rules!
To be fair...your run was only 2 seconds better than my first run that cookie posted video of at the start of this whole thing. :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone does with Spring Break.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Well that was expensive...all I could find was this gold-plated monster. That stuff is expensive to repair.

Anyway, I won't be passing you, Ozric; not enough time. But I did make it more difficult to pass me. :)

Also, ow.

Haha, that's a nice amount of hull left. I didn't think I could land with less fuel than yesterday, but at the halfway point I had this much left :D
Screenshot_0011.jpg
Unfortunately I was about that much short of making my final jump, so a really good run completely wasted :(

Apparently though my entry into Raleigh has been recorded for posterity...

#@#**# sake happened again! I don't like these MWM, it's like Gran Turismo all over again... Just... One... More... Go :D

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Nope that's it for me, not going to get first place :( If I had of had enough fuel to make that last jump in the first run this evening I reckon I would have beaten Cookie, but 3 runs later and I've messed every single one up. I'll submit the beauty shot, which means that I'll get bumped out of the top 3 for sure :p

However I had a great time racing alongside Aken, so the evening wasn't a total loss at all.

It's funny, you'd think a gold paintjob would reflect the sunlight beautifully, but it just seems to absorb it, so it's not a great shot I'm afraid.

Last edited:
It's funny, you'd think a gold paintjob would reflect the sunlight beautifully, but it just seems to absorb it, so it's not a great shot I'm afraid.
I noticed that, too. Had to turn the ship more face on to the star than normal for a beauty shot, and even then I had to the the camera lined up on a corner just right to get color out of more than one plate.

As seen from my point of view, the gold paintjob made quite an impression ;)

This evening I made another run in my (t)rusty Hauler "Not Safe For Work", mostly for fun and to teach Cookie a lesson (spoiler: I didn't teach him a lesson :D)...but for how much fun it could have been, making it head to head with Ozric and his golden brick :p has been a thrill...the side by side exits at Buckey and Ball are a things to be seen...pity we didn't manage to arrive together too.

Of course the Hauler did far better than the Superluminal Coffin, but if only an entry has to be kept I'll stay with the Sidewinder one....an Hauler may be fun for a one-time stand, but a Coffin is forever.

Top Bottom