Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Presents :- BuggyBall 2 :- Jailbreak (Ao Kang 31st May -2nd June)

BRC_MWM_Jailbreak_banner.png

BuggyBall 2:- Jailbreak
Ao Kang 3 A

"In honor of the incarcerated buckyballer Igor Coblimski, currently serving 20 years hard labour at Zalyotin Penal colony in Ao kang for repeated speeding offenses,
the Buckyball racing club has organised an SRV rally race of 90Km from Zalyotin Penal colony to Wells Relay with a 10km and 30km class for those with less time.
This BRC Mid Week Madness event runs between the 31st May and the 2nd of June 3302 on Ao Kang A3"

RULES:-
Post your intent to race in this thread to get on the starting grid including :-
FORUM USER NAME (if different)
CMDR NAME
BUGGY NAME

Fly to Ao Kang 3A Dock at Zalyotin Penal Colony and enter buggy
drive to the inner courtyard ( see map below) make sure you are 90km from wells relay
take 1st screenshot showing the clock.
then depending on the class you want to race in:-

CLASS
Jailbreak -Drive 10km (5mins)
take 2nd screenshot showing you are 80km from Wells Relay with clock

County line -Drive 30km (15 mins)
take 2nd screenshot showing you are 60km from Wells Relay with clock
(optional 80km screenshot will enter you in Jailbreak class)

Border Run -Drive 90 Km to Wells Relay (45-60mins)
take 2nd screenshot docked at Wells Relay
(optional 80km screenshot will enter you in Jailbreak class)
(optional 60km screenshot will enter you in County line class)

Submit your screenshots for a time on the boards to :-
BRCWUR@buckyballracing.org.uk
the top 3 times will need to be varified with a video capture submission.
so if you want to enter a competitive time.. maybe best to vid cap your run.. but you can hold off on uploading.
There will be 3 leaderboards, one for each class.
The top 3 times in each class will receive a real life tiny prize. though Alec and Furry have these already. ;)
I would also like a beauty shot of you in your buggy if you place top 3 for the final podium post. cheers.

bb2_startarea.jpg

F.A.Q
-What do i need?
Horizons, An SRV (buggy) ,video capture software for competative entrants
45-60 mins ish to get to Ao Kang and do a run

-What's the BRC? is it like the RAC?, will you come and tow me?
no, sry.. the BRC is the buckyball racing club, we do rally style races in ships normally. but this is the 2nd buggy ball race.

-I don't have screen capture software, can i enter?
sure you can just enter for fun, but competative times will need to be verified by uploading a video somewhere.
try OBS (https://obsproject.com) which is open source and should do a basic job for evidence purposes.

-When is the race on?
RACE TIME BETWEEN 00:00 31st MAY to 23.59 2nd JUN
you can enter any number of attempts during the time the event is held.

-What do i do?
post your intent to race in this thread to get on the starting grid.
FORUM USER NAME (if different)
CMDR NAME
BUGGY NAME
If you haven't worked it out yet.. buckyball's are time trail races.. the buggyball is no different. the fastest timed run over the duration of the event wins.
land your buggy equiped ship at Zalyotin Penal Colony
drive to the starting area ( see map )
start your video capture recording and take a screenshot of the time on the dash
and race like the clappers to Wells relay.
take a screenshot when you are 80km from wells to enter the jailbreak class
take a screenshot at 60km from Wells to enter the county line class
and a screenshot docked at Wells for the border run class.
stop your vid cap recording and check your time.
congratulations you are a buggyballer!
send screenshots to the BRCWUR email address above.
be ready to upload the video of your run should you have a winning time for checking.
if you get a podium position please send a selfy of you in your buggy.

-How long is it between the 2 bases?
the course is about 90km and should take you between 45-60 minutes..
there is a 10km class.. which should take 5mins and a 30km which should take about 15 mins.

-Can i race in a wing?
By all means it will make your run more enjoyable, as long as you record the run and take the correct screenshots at the start finish of the time your run is valid.

-Can i use repair synthesis?
Yes
Start your engines and good luck to all.

FINAL LEADERBOARD
BB2_LBFINAL.jpg

Last edited:
Just emailed my first attempts at Jailbreak and County Line. This is indeed gonna be a hoot.

n.b. had a slight problem with my County Line submission as I was going sideways when I crossed the 60.0 km line so couldn't get Wells target (with distance) and the HUD clock into the same screenshot. So sent two. Also curious, should it come down to seconds, where you're going to count the exact start time from? The point where the wheels start spinning, or when we pass through the inner courtyard entrance?

Last edited:
Just emailed my first attempts at Jailbreak and County Line. This is indeed gonna be a hoot.

n.b. had a slight problem with my County Line submission as I was going sideways when I crossed the 60.0 km line so couldn't get Wells target (with distance) and the HUD clock into the same screenshot. So sent two. Also curious, should it come down to seconds, where you're going to count the exact start time from? The point where the wheels start spinning, or when we pass through the inner courtyard entrance?

Just realised my email bounced. I've pm'd you instead.

Just realised my email bounced. I've pm'd you instead.
oh no have I got the email address wrong.. again. ;( ,ok ive put up a new one and tested it it should work. thanks for the PM. start grid and first leaderboard coming in an hour.
Catmobile standing by.
Yes Furry... Will be good to see you on the course rather than flying above it.
Set a countdown timer for the end of the event for myself (busy week), thought I'd share.
Hi Terrorsidic, good to have you here for your second buggyball.
I will give it a go :)
Hi Rewision, Glad you could join us, your times in the elite racer rally have made my eyes water, I have tried to beat your wasat time but only ended up beating myself into the ground. ;)
Im in!!! sounds like a brutal amount of fun
Hi VJ, nice to have the violator with us for the race.
On my way to Ao Kang.
Aken Hi, winner of the 1st buggyball! , I think you may have your work cut out for you this time.. time to get flying ( in a buggy ).
I'll make a run for it later today.
Sheets, yes.. bit of jonny cash on the radio.. ? nice.

Last edited:
Aken Hi, winner of the 1st buggyball! , I think you may have your work cut out for you this time.. time to get flying ( in a buggy ).

A bit of rephrasing: I think I may have worked to get several cuts (and bruises) flying (in a buggy) this time out. Ouch. [noob]

Turns out that in my yesterday evening, first 2.1 wanderings, fate brought me less than 50 ly from Ao Kang. Nice! Submission incoming.

And since when small boulders have become unmovable forces of nature? Ground speeding just become trickier!

And since when small boulders have become unmovable forces of nature? Ground speeding just become trickier!

So so true. Time was that the challenge to fast buggying was the mounds, and hopping across them. Now the mounds are (relatively) easy and what gets you are the immovable stones on the flats that rip 50% off your hull and/or bring you to a very ubrupt stop. Well, that and the low gravity that (presumably) is the cause of all the slewing around like a pedal-to-the-metal AC Cobra trying to accelerate away from an oil slick (I might try to record a run with my mic' on - "no, No, NOOOO. God. damn. you! ... drive frickin' straight!! ... not left ... NOT RIGHT ... go STRAIGHT ... you. utter. B@st@rd!!!". I fully expect to have literally wrenched my joystick out of its socket before this race is over.

Last edited:
BB2_LB01.jpg

Well.. here we go with the first leaderboard.. 2 times submitted so far. Alec was first on the track testing the suspension of the Bit Chomper and has times for Jailbreak and County line.
then Aken B has motered his way to the top in all the leaderboards with some great times.
Seneh . I see you.. Igor appreciates.. he can see the race from his tower block cell. good to have you with us, will put you on the start grid later on.

I'm in.

FORUM USER NAME: SushiCW
CMDR NAME: Tannik Seldon
BUGGY NAME: Skipping Stone

Planning to go the full distance! I assume one video of the full time also works as proof for the shorter time classes as well?

Also, to clarify: is mid-run repair allowed?

Top Bottom