Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Cinco Maxxxxxer Mixer!

i have been 'on a break' for a week or so. feeling recharged now and moved 'Scrubbers!' into position last night.

i'll be finalising my route today and running tonight. maybe even two runs, my first choice route is rather boring and doesn't give me good letters for making a Maxxxxxer word!

I've been taking a bit of a break from Elite for a couple of weeks, but I'm planning to make at least one or two runs at this before the end. :)

The engineers grind has killed my racing, I'm too scared to lose the commodities I'm carrying for them. Never fear! I will return with my fastest ship yet!

I have been taking a small break from Elite aswell.
I'll try to get at least one run in the Orca in before the deadline, maybe more depending on time and motivation for Elite :)

First run completed!

pretty pleased as i seem to have forgotten what most of my buttons do! Orca braking is not quite as responsive as iCourier braking ;)

video uploading to the oochoob.

TUFL85B.png

After days of silence, the Rodrigues sisters were beginning to wonder if all the racers had merely forgotten to ever turn off Silent Running, or if the Buckyballers were just out to rack up an enormous bar tab without ever proving their name.

yLFbUvB.png

Then, stealthy as a banana in a primate cage, CMDR <- lightspeed -> snuck first into Planck Orbital to deliver the goods.

Unfortunately his onboard recording devices seem to have malfunctioned, perhaps due to some of the noxious fumes from his choice of ingredients, but Drinx Inx. officials hope to recover his run data by tomorrow!

Last edited:
I've planned a route, left the bar, and am currently in the process of dry running it. Alas I got distracted by the music of Pink Custard emanating from the Lave area and had to stop off along the way to ask if they could turn it down a bit (actually, off would be better).

cA19Ser.png

Ship type: DBX
Ship name: Balls to Monty

Last edited:
@Alec is that the fabled Lave Radio sidey. A 'Civilian Broadcast' signal source popped up ever so briefly on my run last night, is that it?

Question about the rules:

Am I allowed to use permit locked systems e.g. Shinrarta Dezhra?

I'm assuming not since it may be unfair - not that I've worked out a route yet. I just happened to notice it was closer than some lol.

Am I allowed to use permit locked systems e.g. Shinrarta Dezhra?.....

i don't make the rules for this one, but i can't see Shinrarta in the ingredients list. So you can probably use the Waters but they won't count for much!

now you mention it, i have a rules question as well.

assuming i start at one of the ingredient stations. can i have cargo on board before the timer starts or does the timer start and then enter the commodities market?

(probably the later. i don't think that's what i did for my first run though)

now you mention it, i have a rules question as well.

assuming i start at one of the ingredient stations. can i have cargo on board before the timer starts or does the timer start and then enter the commodities market?

(probably the later. i don't think that's what i did for my first run though)
The former. :D

Q: Is there a set start area or just in a station about to buy one of the mixers?
There is no set starting station. You can start at any station you wish, presumably one that sells one of the ingredients.
You may purchase the ingredient from that station before starting the race.
You may not purchase an ingredient from another station, take it somewhere else, and then start.
You may only have the ingredient from your current location.

Am I allowed to use permit locked systems e.g. Shinrarta Dezhra?

I'm assuming not since it may be unfair - not that I've worked out a route yet. I just happened to notice it was closer than some lol.

Drinx Inx. scientists have determined that the supposed mineral benefits of the Waters of Shintara, as suspected by the vast majority of the scientific community, are, to use the technical term, "nonsense".

As we have only the HIGHEST standards for our beverages, they will not be accepted as ingredients for the maXXXXXer mixer challenge.

Anything on the pre-approved list will be, whether it requires a permit or not.

You're welcome to pass through permit-locked systems on your route if you determine they are advantageous.

Fly fast Commander!

Drinx Inx. scientists have determined that the supposed mineral benefits of the Waters of Shintara, as suspected by the vast majority of the scientific community, are, to use the technical term, "nonsense".

As we have only the HIGHEST standards for our beverages, they will not be accepted as ingredients for the maXXXXXer mixer challenge.

Anything on the pre-approved list will be, whether it requires a permit or not.

You're welcome to pass through permit-locked systems on your route if you determine they are advantageous.

Fly fast Commander!

OK non probs :)

I had infact forgotten that there was a list...

Thanks

SRV segment guide:
[video=youtube;JC44QtYbPKM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC44QtYbPKM[/video]

Notes:
You must get into the SRV before transferring cargo.
You transfer the cargo from the bottom menu.
You need to move two materials, and then click the transfer button in the lower right.

You need to get within 100m of the station beacon.
The fastest way to leave the station is by boarding the SRV in a garage, then flying away in your ship.
The garages are found on the inner side of all docking platforms.

Ramps make a great way to start a jump loop. :D

Top Bottom