Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Cinco Maxxxxxer Mixer!

The newest promotional material from Drinx Inx. just arrived on my desktop

J4NaxMt.png

Also, after all the quotes and in-jokes, I sat down and watched "Withnail and I" a few nights ago. You Brits like some weiiiird stuff. But I will agree, fascinating, hilarious, and classic. I look forward to more viewings. :D

Love it!

if only i could manage to get my next run completed. two 'eject, eject' moments as i attempt to land in the dark at high speed on Cupinook have seen me at the insurers. That with my bright idea to change my case fans on Saturday night (result - very loud, high rpm but icy performance until i figured out the correct configuration) means nothing to report. I'll be back soon.

ps. glad you enjoyed Withnail & I. it is indeed a classic and deserving of multiple watches. Maybe you should try the associated drinking game

Just completed a relatively incident free run :)

Will submit my screenshots in the morning. Wasted a fair bit of time around the base/in the SRV but better than my last effort...

aaaarrrggghhhh!

Shadowplay decided to record the Launcher for 40mins instead of my run. f10 next time. bludy technology!
Nooooooo. :( I'm sure it was beautiful.

if only i could manage to get my next run completed. two 'eject, eject' moments as i attempt to land in the dark at high speed on Cupinook have seen me at the insurers. That with my bright idea to change my case fans on Saturday night (result - very loud, high rpm but icy performance until i figured out the correct configuration) means nothing to report. I'll be back soon.
ps. glad you enjoyed Withnail & I. it is indeed a classic and deserving of multiple watches. Maybe you should try the associated drinking game
That sounds deadly!

It's also got to be one of few drinking games to make it to wiki; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withnail_and_I#Legacy

Just completed a relatively incident free run :)

Will submit my screenshots in the morning. Wasted a fair bit of time around the base/in the SRV but better than my last effort...

I'm glad I'm able to post this before you submit it then!

Scoreboard update:

3RagWzZ.png

Screenshots captured from video and time submitted :)

Declaring intent to spend a lot of credits outfitting the space whale - my first Orca purchase coming up...

Edit: Everytime I fly through Eranin I see loads of harmless sidewinders. Just checked and it is 4.48ly from Asellus Prime the Horizons starting system. Must remember to say hi next time.

Last edited:
Finally I have a bit of time for racing!
After spending 90mins on the route I'll leave it in it's (non-optimal) state to finally have a go at this!
*Ding* Booooost!!! :D

Well, that run wasn't exactly optimal...
Great fun though! Modded Orcas are addictive, especially when you're consuming the ingredients of your special cinco MaXXXXXer Mix while flying :D
Will try to grab the screenshots and submit the entry in the evening tomorrow or so.
Hopefully I've got time for another few runs this week, it's a pity that there are much less entries than this race deserves. (Seems we all are a bit busy with RL atm)

Don't drink and fly. Onionhead is illegal in several jurisdictions. Always fasten your seatbelts and comply to station traffic protocols and speed restricitions.

Last edited:
Orca run submitted from me also :)

Not a bad time but could have been better after a replot to save fuel and couldn't find anywhere the Orca would land for about 2 minutes. I did then get lucky with the SRV as I flew over the base with a closest approach of 99m and then got a docking bay right in front of me :)

WooHoo! finally a second run completed and submitted. Unoptimised for speed but highly optimised for system initial letters and fun!

a High as a Kite entry incoming. I dusted down my DBx - Acieed!, with the vanity name "Camberwell Carrot"

Edit: Everytime I fly through Eranin I see loads of harmless sidewinders. Just checked and it is 4.48ly from Asellus Prime the Horizons starting system. Must remember to say hi next time.
Daw, say hi the all the little nooblets! Apparently the steam sale is really bringing them out.
Now I'm kinda scared an Orca will run them right over. :p

Finally I have a bit of time for racing!
After spending 90mins on the route I'll leave it in it's (non-optimal) state to finally have a go at this!
*Ding* Booooost!!! :D
Woohoo!

I did design this specifically to be difficult to optimize. I think I might have succeeded too well. But once I discovered EDTS and how to use it, all other plotting seemed too simple.
So far there does seem to be a variety of routes though. :D

I have made a purchase... complete with smuggling paint job.

http://imgur.com/acW09eW.png
"‘It’s the wild colour scheme that freaks me out,’ said Zaphod, whose love affair with the ship had lasted almost three minutes into the flight. 'Every time you try and operate these weird black controls that are labeled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up in black to let you know you’ve done it.’"
Zaphod Beeblebrox, The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Well, that run wasn't exactly optimal...
Great fun though! Modded Orcas are addictive, especially when you're consuming the ingredients of your special cinco MaXXXXXer Mix while flying :D
Will try to grab the screenshots and submit the entry in the evening or so.
Hopefully I've got time for another few runs this week, it's a pity that there are much less entries than this race deserves. (Seems we all are a bit busy with RL atm)

Don't drink and fly. Onionhead is illegal in several jurisdictions. Always fasten your seatbelts and comply to station traffic protocols and speed restrictions.
Man, now I want a modded Orca, that sounds like FUN!

Glad to see you're getting into the spirit of the event. :D

I understand RL though, it's struck me as well, and I haven't logged into the game in some time.

Orca run submitted from me also :)

Not a bad time but could have been better after a replot to save fuel and couldn't find anywhere the Orca would land for about 2 minutes. I did then get lucky with the SRV as I flew over the base with a closest approach of 99m and then got a docking bay right in front of me :)
2 minutes? Dang. It is an ungainly princess. Glad to hear fortune smiled upon you though!

And it smiled plenty!

The newest scoreboard update in Planck's Orbital shows CMDR Markzx59 taking first place in BOTH classes. Well-plotted and flown CMDR!

PjdZH3o.png

Curses. Knew that 1st place wouldn't last, gz Markzx59. I have to say this Oculus has really thrown me. Don't get me wrong, it's amazing but, ironically my head just isn't in the game at the moment. My focus is all about graphics settings and control bindings and fretting about tools like EDProfiler and stuff. I need to get over that and just back to a state where I'm a Buckyballer and not a video game enthusiast. Does that make sense?

Last edited:
.....I'm a Buckyballer and not a video game enthusiast....

I think ED does that to you a bit. It certainly has me, I know (and care) a heck of a lot more since starting to play ED; the relative merits of Nvidia & AMD, PWM & Static Pressure vs Airflow fans, LOD & FOV, Blur, Bloom etc.. Cable management & braided cables & cable combs, memory and voltages, how to overclock a GPU (safely). I could go on.....

and i'm not even VR!

enjoy your fiddling, see at the start line soon.

I suppose I should enjoy it while it lasts :)
High as a Kite is still going strong!

I think ED does that to you a bit. It certainly has me, I know (and care) a heck of a lot more since starting to play ED; the relative merits of Nvidia & AMD, PWM & Static Pressure vs Airflow fans, LOD & FOV, Blur, Bloom etc.. Cable management & braided cables & cable combs, memory and voltages, how to overclock a GPU (safely). I could go on.....
Yesss, the system nerdiness is strong with this one. :D

Just returned from Jaques to post this shameless plug:

View attachment 112083
Woohoo! The races shall go on!

I'm hoping to get one more run in :)
I'll be eagerly awaiting it. :D

And with only a few hours left of racing, The Drinx Inx. scoreboard surfaces once again in the seedy underbelly of Planck Orbital, with a shiny new run from CMDR Cookiehole, fully powered by Cinco maXXXXer (I think he even slipped some into Tilikum's engines), delivering 47 tons of ingredients! Netting him an almost 4 minute reduction in time. Many thanks commander!

We also have seen a valiant effort in CMDR Lightspeeds trusty old DBX, blasting to the fastest recorded High as a Kte Silent Speed of 366 m/s! Well flown.

There are only a few hours left on the track, as the sisters tabulate their takings, and the Drinx Inx. accountants try to figure out whether it was worth it to pay the Buckyballers monstrous bar tabs. :p

RUGQCaJ.png

Last edited:
I'm afraid I didn't manage that last run :(

Congrats to CMDR Cookiehole who has managed to beat my High as a Kite time in his Orca with 47 tonnes of cargo lol.

It was a fun race :) A nice mix of skills required. Thanks for organising.

Top Bottom