Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Falling With Style : An SRV base-jumping festival (19-27 May 3304)

It means a) somebody did a competitive run BEFORE the race had even started and now needs to go and stand in the corner for 5 minutes and b) that they'll need to do at least one more run AFTER the race has started (and BEFORE the race has finished) and submit that instead. :D

In all seriousness - do people think I should insist on docking with the station for the end screenshot so we have the date visible? Currently there's nothing stopping someone from making runs right now and submitting them next week. With just the times I won't be able to tell.

I don't mind either way - I'll be submitting my runs at the end of session and I'm likely to be at/near the bottom of the leaderboard anyway.

I would like it more if you have to dock at the end though, it's more the traditional Buckyball way of doing things and it also gives the crazies an opportunity to try and fly straight in through the hangar door. :D I think someone tried doing this in a previous race (maybe my Festival of Racing), but I can't remember if they were successful.

I don't mind, but it also adds another couple of seconds, and the "loading screen" of docking the SRV to the ship may depend on your hardware and connection to the server?

Maybe consider something similar to the Speedbowl - the time of submission must be within X minutes of the ending screenshot. (e.g. 30 minutes, so you can do a couple of runs and then immediately submit the best of the bunch).

Videos can always be supplied later.

Uh oh ... well that's the top half of the leaderboard spoken for! [haha]

<in the voice of Eor> Don't worry, I'll be covering the bottom half..."

732438_20170604005633.jpg

Yay! To quote Ed Lewis "All the best one's are here!" (except for the best one's who aren't here yet).

Damn, I forgot to do the "Magnificent Seven" thing, oh well, I think we're at least ...

(ish)

Shouldn't that be - "Damn - I forgot I had two hands!"

vBlj2j0.png

OMG ALEC!

that decent was just <WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH> Awesome run!!!

My first attempt ended with death after 3min of decent... More later :)

In all seriousness - do people think I should insist on docking with the station for the end screenshot so we have the date visible? Currently there's nothing stopping someone from making runs right now and submitting them next week. With just the times I won't be able to tell.

I'd vote against it but I think my vote is compromised in this case. So whatevs.

I'll just wait until Saturday and see how many runs it takes for lightning to strike twice. :)

Should I post my (disqualified) run video anyway? Which should help reassure people that I won't secretly hold on to it and submit it later.

Last edited:
I just reread your rules (there's so many I couldn't remember them all ;)) to see where the final screenshot needs to be. I think it's fine just in the garage - most or all racers making practise runs this week are likely to go faster next week anyway.

I just like SRV races that end stationary on the ground, so inside the garage is fine by me. :)

I just reread your rules (there's so many I couldn't remember them all ;)) to see where the final screenshot needs to be. I think it's fine just in the garage - most or all racers making practise runs this week are likely to go faster next week anyway.

I just like SRV races that end stationary on the ground, so inside the garage is fine by me. :)

It's why this race is brilliant and also a nice change of pace. It's not just about going really fast and blazing across the finish, but quickly and safely coming to a stop.

The difficulty of this is wonderfully compounded by the literal mountain of momentum behind you.

Finding the garage and getting into it is harder than you'd think. I usually get caught up on the ramp for what feels like an eternity because I try to cut the corner....

Top Bottom