Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Presents: Glorious Bast-erds (A tribute to the Heroes of Bast)

We have a problem...
There's no way to make the loadout screenshots
A screenshot from the System Panel will work?

Wow, have we been UA bombed? Or just a coincidence? :(

Anyway, the race must go on! :)

Yes modules panel screenshots are fine. I'll also accept outfitting screens taken at other stations if you like.

To be honest, the outfitting is only really important for the regulation cobra class, so don't worry too much about it.

Well, that was fun! Finished and submitted my first run. My time was meh, but I got a decent amount of heat and speed. :D
Email received, thanks. I'll put up the first leaderboard during my lunchtime, as it appears that imgur is working better on my works pc since their last site update. :)

By the way, I totally forgot in the first post (mostly because I started by cut & pasting from Drakhyr's much longer race), it's fine if you'd rather upload a video of the run than send screenshots.

I'll also be including each racer's "best" temperature and highest docking speed in the leaderboard, so that's worth submitting even if you don't beat the current highest.

Bruski's entry included a couple of queries about the Lonnegan brothers' challenges, so here's their clarifications:

For the highest temp, it's the 5 second countdown clock that's required, rather than the charging bar, but the "align with destination" or "throttle up" indications are also valid. So basically your highest temperature with a fully charged FSD.

For the docking speed screenshots, the inside of the "slot" counts as the station interior for purposes of whether the interior/exterior is visible. So I'm looking for a screenshot that confirms that you've made it through the cage.

If you upload a video of your run, then you could just provide a timestamp of your highest speed/temp if you like.

The Lonnegan brothers are already enjoying the race. :D

BIzsSDv.png

Only one registered run so far, but a few CMDRs gathering in the staging area at Hart Station. Unfortunately the bar seems to be completely out of Bast Snake Gin, and every other drink as well. I should have asked ElectricZ if we could borrow the Shotgun Shine, this is an even worse crisis than the Indi Bourbon factory getting shut down last year! At least we still had a bar.

Bruski completed the course in his as yet unnamed Regulation Cobra in a nice time of forty something minutes and some seconds.

As well as exact race times, the exact challenge speeds and temperatures are classified for now, but the brothers have kindly produced a handy chart.

Fat Tony rated Bruski's hotest hyperspace entry as Toasty and Little Nuk gave him a rating of Scorching for his fastest docking.

If things stay as they are, then Tony's going to be the one cleaning the cell for the next week.

qwSKapl.png

Fly hot CMDRs! o7

Last edited:
Intent to race (if I can squeeze it in between Total Recall planning and a Napier-Sommerfeld SRV rally attempt).

Total Recall planning: check (but not fully tested)
Napier-Sommerfeld SRV rally attempt: check (although I'd like another try)

Also ..

Confirm presence of Fuel Rat decal in outfitting: check

Right, nothing can possibly stop me taking part in this race now!

2EE39Dx.png

oops!
P.S. love the scale of hotness - awesome new addition to the Buckyball leaderboard!

Last edited:
Just entered my first Reg/Cobra run which is pretty awful. I'll get a few more in after the MotoGp qualifying has finished this afternoon.
Fly fast and have fun chaps[arrrr]

http://i.imgur.com/BIzsSDv.png

Only one registered run so far, but a few CMDRs gathering in the staging area at Hart Station. Unfortunately the bar seems to be completely out of Bast Snake Gin, and every other drink as well. I should have asked ElectricZ if we could borrow the Shotgun Shine, this is an even worse crisis than the Indi Bourbon factory getting shut down last year! At least we still had a bar.

Bruski completed the course in his as yet unnamed Regulation Cobra in a nice time of forty something minutes and some seconds.

As well as exact race times, the exact challenge speeds and temperatures are classified for now, but the brothers have kindly produced a handy chart.

Fat Tony rated Bruski's hotest hyperspace entry as Toasty and Little Nuk gave him a rating of Scorching for his fastest docking.

If things stay as they are, then Tony's going to be the one cleaning the cell for the next week.

http://i.imgur.com/qwSKapl.png

Fly hot CMDRs! o7

Oh my gosh yussss, I must achieve GLORIOUS HEAT!!!

But first, WHERE HAS ALL THE RUM GONE?

No seriously, I need some racer fuel here, and apparently I'm going to have to make a trading run just to supply the race, what with this station shutdown. I guess it's in keeping with memorializing the tragic event, but damn does it put a damper to have to go refuel myself and my Cobra elsewhere. :D WHERE'S JAQUES WHEN YOU NEED HIM?!

Sorry, the vodka tonic tonight has been excellent, and another run was just submitted, more speed and MORE FLIPS! )the Cobra seems especially good at going end over end through the docking slot [noob] )

Hello CMDR Polly. Bruski I'm Re-Fueling/Repairing at LHS 1663 / Frobisher City - 7.52 Ly, if that helps you.
Another run in the Reg/Cobra posted with a much better time, still trying to get my head around the idea that I should over-heat my ship.
Fly fast and have fun CMDR's[arrrr]

Hello CMDR Polly. Bruski I'm Re-Fueling/Repairing at LHS 1663 / Frobisher City - 7.52 Ly, if that helps you.
Another run in the Reg/Cobra posted with a much better time, still trying to get my head around the idea that I should over-heat my ship.
Fly fast and have fun CMDR's[arrrr]

Thanks! Remember, red makes you go faster, so keep that heat warning light ON!

I'm trying to get Fat Tony to sponsor me for the Buckyball Ballet with my apparently inebriated (not actually) antics.
[video=youtube;pmb3b0vIVdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmb3b0vIVdI[/video]

I've received submitted runs from Polly, TIP Talon (x2) and Bruski, all in the regulation cobra class. Thanks. :)

I'll be updating the leaderboard in a couple of hours - I've finally got the chance to finish off the Long Haul run that I began last Saturday, so I'll be getting to Jaques first.

rpxPxAa.png

Sorry for the slow update - I've had a few problems with imgur on my laptop. All sorted now hopefully.

There's been plenty of action in the Regulation Cobra class, with Bruski improving his time by enough to remain just ahead of an entry by Polly. TIP Talon made a couple of runs in Talons Folly and is only a little behind.

Meanwhile things are definitely hotting up in Tony's and Nuks challenges with the biggest change being a scorching refuel by CMDR TIP Talon which means it's anyone's guess who's going to be cleaning that jail cell.

xYs40Hp.png

bU28YPa.png

After a lot of pretty desktop material and one horrendously life shortening crash landing on a seven g planet on the way to sagittarius A* I am now back in civilised space and ready to tear it up with some uncivilised speeds. after my problems with the buckybubble, a short dash like this is welcome. Consider this my intent to enter.
CMDR Mutesquash67283
ship: Asp explorer
Ship name: Long Road to Eden
class: unlimited.

I would run the Cobra MKIII but I'm afraid to trade out my beasting weapons and lose them for good.
Now all I need to do is prep for the race and avoid the temptation to sneak a peek at the demotivator that is the leader board.

Hot?
I may be vain, but "hot" sounds a bit lower class to me. A drunken baronet in Zelano called me that a while ago. He had to carry his teeth home in a bag afterwards. I mean, "dashing", "elegant" or "graceful" DO sound a lot better. Maybe "striking" (if I do the dental work myself) or "refined" (if I let the servants do it for me).

Looks like I need to reach 350% for a more classy rating.

Last edited:
Hot?
I may be vain, but "hot" sounds a bit lower class to me. A drunken baronet in Zelano called me that a while ago. He had to carry his teeth home in a bag afterwards. I mean, "dashing", "elegant" or "graceful" DO sound a lot better. Maybe "striking" (if I do the dental work myself) or "refined" (if I let the servants do it for me).

Looks like I need to reach 350% for a more classy rating.

We all know that you're Glorious!! Polly, but Fat Tony's not impressed, he says you'll have to prove it. ;)

K8TTUsF.jpg

Update on it's way...

I did my first run last night and was interdicted by an NPC bounty hunter and destroyed a few ls from my final docking at Hart :(

I had a 100k bounty on me after getting scanned doing some smuggling. Those E-class shields were well, E-class lol.

Will be submitting it anyway as I may not get another chance.

made an attempt at my first run, but forgot to request docking permission on my forth stop (a habit of mine when friends are over.), so I quit the attempt and decided relent to my mates need to watch Olympic wrestling, which might be a shame for the docking challenge: http://imgur.com/PCXbuD8.
A good short race that I'll be attempting numerous times tonight once the pesky formalities of socializing are done with.
P.S
Kudos on the Sopranos reference, been a good half decade since I've seen one of those:)

Top Bottom