For the last several months, gossip in the high society of Windt Terminal has focussed around the dashing figure of Anders Yemantov, commercial head of BrightLeaf Holdings plc, second son of Baroness Jamelka Yermantov, and the most eligible bachelor for three systems. Despite the attentions of many of the area's greatest beauties, Anders has managed to be unfailingly charming, but resolute in not attaching himself to any of them.
Now Deanna Heath, heir to the Heath family fortune and rumoured to be the brains behind many of the family firm's most profitable new products, has taken an interest. Her pursuit of Anders' attentions has led to an escalating gift war as she seeks to prove her culture, brains and wealth. This challenge has now spread beyond the system, as she's issued a very particular shopping list. To aid in the speed of supply, this is where Deanna has requested the aid of the Buckyball Racing Club.
Buckyball Racing Club presents My True Love Sent To Me, a race to get the right collection of rare goods back to Windt Terminal in time for an amazing party early in the new year.
The race starts and finishes at Windt Terminal in the Q1 Eridani system.
The race is then to purchase, and return to Windt Terminal with, the following:
- 12 x Karsuki Locusts (from West Market, Karsuki Ti)
- 11 x Nguna Modern Antiques (from Biggle Hub, Nguna)
- 10 x Tauri Chimes (from Porta, 39 Tauri)
- 9 x Eden Apples of Aerial (from Andrade Legacy, Aerial)
- 8 x Damna Caparaces (from Nemere Market, Damna)
- 7 x Arouca Conventual Sweets (from Shipton Orbital, Arouca)
- 6 x Rapa Bao Snake Skins (from Flagg Gateway, Rapa Bao)
- 5 x Momus Bog Spaniel (from Tartarus Point, Momus Reach)
- 4 x Ethgreze Tea Buds (from Bloch Station, Ethgreze)
- 3 x Helvetitj Pearls (from Friend Orbital, Helvetitj)
- 2 x Giant Verrix (from Greeboski's Outpost, Phiagre)
- 1 x Kinago Violin (from Fozard Ring, Kinago)
The list above adds up to 78 tonnes of goods to collect, meaning that ships with fewer than 78 tonnes of cargo capacity will have to make multiple returns to Windt Terminal. Race entries will thus be split into four classes according to the cargo capacity of your vessel:
- Albatross class: cargo capacity 78 tonnes plus
- Buzzard class: cargo capacity 40-76 tonnes
- Falcon class: cargo capacity 20-38 tonnes
- Wren class: cargo capacity <20 tonnes
All of the rare goods in this event should be legal everywhere.
As normal, screenshots will be required as proof of your race. Screenshots will be required for the following (see the How to Enter page of the Buckyball Racing Club website for examples of what the screenshots should look like and show):
- Outfitting (key here is to show your cargo capacity as that determines your entry class)
- Launch from Windt Terminal
- A screenshot at each waypoint showing the purchase of the required goods (this can just be done with a single screenshot of the commodities screen immediately after purchase, as it shows time, location and the quantity in your hold)
- If you return to Windt Terminal for intermediate stops, screenshots showing you there with the goods from that leg (i.e. commodities screenshot showing all the items you brought back this time) - but see note below on breaks
- Touchdown at Windt Terminal at the end of your run (you do also need to submit the commodities screenshot showing that the right items have been brought back to Windt Terminal, but the clock stops when you dock rather than when you finish selling items)
As this is a long race, breaks are allowed under certain circumstances. The rules on breaks are:
- Breaks can be taken at the start/finish line (Windt Terminal) or any of the waypoint stations.
- Any number of breaks can be taken at Windt Terminal, but no more than six (6) breaks in total can be taken at other stations.
- If taking a break, in addition to the normal commodities page screenshot, you should also take screenshots on landing (when the clock will stop - like a normal race end) and on departure (when the clock starts again - like a normal race start).
- An additional 35 seconds will be added to your time for each break - this is to make up for the time you would normally take having the landing pad turn round, selling items, refuelling, etc.
How to Enter
- Get to Windt Terminal in the system of Q1 Eridani. Make repairs, fill with fuel, and ensure your ship is outfitted exactly how you want it for the race.
- Open the Outfitting screen and capture a screenshot (F10) of your ship. Be sure to capture Power Plant, Thrusters, Frame Shift Drive and Power Distributor statistics as well as your ship's mass, and, of course, its cargo capacity.
- Return to the surface and prepare for launch.
- Hit F10 to take another screenshot, or start your video capture, showing your start location and time.
- Call at each of the 12 destination stations, in any order. At each one, take a screenshot to show your purchase of the required rare goods.
- Return to Windt Terminal, taking another screenshot on arrival, and then a further screenshot showing your sales to prove you still had the required items in your hold.
- If you returned to Windt Terminal during the race (either to drop off goods, or for a break), further screenshots are required.
- Send a PM to me (drakhyr), or email drakhyr <at> buckyballracing <dot> org <dot> uk, with the following:
- Forum user name
- Commander name (i.e. your in-game name)
- Ship name
- Ship type
- Race class / cargo capacity
- Race time
- Either a link to your video, or a link to your screenshots.
- Please tell me if any of the following apply: you made the run in solo / private group, you ran in a wing, or your run was made on Xbox One.
Number of breaks taken are split between breaks at Windt Terminal / breaks at rares supply stations.