Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Poisson d'avril (Mar 31st - Apr 8th)

I simply use edtools to give me the basic distance table and then sniff out a route from there. I haven't gone beyond a basic idea yet, and that idea might crash and burn once I start looking at the distances of the ports from the jump points, which I haven't gotten around to do yet.
Didn't know about that site, very useful. The table is excellent and can use that on the tablet and then 'just' need to figure out the best way to use the info...

This race is giving me a headache and I haven't even started thinking about it yet (just winging it on the day will be fine yeah?).

Anyhoo, just wanted to say I'm having far too much fun here at the moment, plus I've half-promised to go and visit Bomba Luigi this weekend so I might be a late starter on this one.

tumblr_o8bffqQZ2H1rpduwho1_500.gif

n.b. credit to Jude Walker on facebook for this!

Last edited:
for the Fly Fishing bonus, when it says "visit" the Rod or Pole systems, does that mean to dock at any station there? or just pass through as a hyperspace jump?

Ok, next try. The spreadsheet has it down to 4 Stations, 15 jumps, maximum distance less than 1000 ls. Let me see what kind of surprises you laid in stock on this route.

Probably after I took the shears to the hedge - this is the only day on this weekend I might get away with a little light yardwork.

Probably after I took the shears to the hedge - this is the only day on this weekend I might get away with a little light yardwork.

There's a part of me that hates the Easter bank holiday weekend. It's the part that thinks "woo! 4 days off work!! I'll be able to spend loads of time playing Elite" and then discovers that, nope, quite the opposite.

There's another part of me that hates Elite Dangerous for making me feel like that.

My first spreadsheet route used that as well, but I did look at distances before flying so didnt get the nasty surprise....

Ok, next try. The spreadsheet has it down to 4 Stations, 15 jumps, maximum distance less than 1000 ls. Let me see what kind of surprises you laid in stock on this route.
That sounds like a "shorter" route than the one I'll try first. Going to be interesting to see what everyone comes up with and the different strategies. Also hope to try a different ship for this as well...

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I don't know, you turn up a day late and they're all talking about spreadsheets...

This race is giving me a headache and I haven't even started thinking about it yet (just winging it on the day will be fine yeah?).

As always :p

*Edit*

Oh, I've just logged in and seen how far apart the start and finish systems are... How am I supposed to fly a route that big with an ADS and DSS first, to make sure I've scanned every system I've visited [cry]

Last edited:
The shortest Ly route may not necessarily be the quickest.

[SIZE=-2]Not if I did my job properly.[/SIZE]

That's the understatement of this year.

After a trial run of my theoretical 15 jump route (which turned out to be 20 jumps in reality, after adding one optional and getting two additional jumps thanks to the stars not being where they should be for optimal routing) and looking at the times, I think I might do better with an alternative (theoretical) 27 jump route.

But first, I'm off to Bill Turner and see if he can shave off another few kgs of my life support. Question: why does the engineer that can do the best life support mods require proof of your prowess in killing people?

Oh, and before I forget again: intend to be
GoneFishingLogo.png

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I've stumbled across a Ray Platform, while looking for somewhere to refuel. Could I use that in place of one of the ones listed? :p

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Today has been a frustrating day. I managed my first run, but it was pretty poor with lots of mistakes. The second run was going much better until leaving my penultimate required stop I boosted into the slot and left myself with 2% hull :( Still I managed to dock at my refuel station OK and then on arriving at the end this happened...

[video=youtube_share;6RvDGETrTZk]https://youtu.be/6RvDGETrTZk[/video]

It's odd because normally when you've done a run you have a rough idea of how well you've done, but I have literally no idea whether the rough and ready route I've chosen is anywhere near optimum... I imagine not :)

Question: If I'm running the regulation Dolphin build, do I have to run shieldless?

Last edited:
Regulation Dolphin has no shields. If you have shields you are not regulation. You can still get the Dolphin/Orca/Beluga bonus.

Top Bottom