Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Secret Scramble Mid Week Madness

Really??? I had no idea people took things that far. I just muddle by in ignorant bliss :D

Input to my program ...

global data = [
[ "Pongkala", -35.90625, 41.6875, -116.46875, "Aikin City", "1" ],
[ "Nganji", -24.59375, 36.84375, -132.09375, "Vizcaino Enterprise", "2" ],
[ "Windizetet", -45.125, 24.0625, -131.3125, "Paulmier de gonneville dock", "3" ],
[ "Mau", -19.875, 24.875, -119.9375, "Sheffield Hub", "4" ],
[ "Prajau", -20.28125, 15.125, -121.03125, "Landis Orbital", "5" ],
[ "Kamuti", -38.5625, 27.65625, -104.53125, " Smith terminal", "6" ],
[ "Rutena", -46.46875, 35.375, -105.84375, "Weitz City", "7" ],
[ "Pongkala", -35.90625, 41.6875, -116.46875, "Aikin City", "8" ],
]
Output from my program ...

Pongkala : Aikin City (0)
Nganji : Vizcaino Enterprise (19.8891)
Mau : Sheffield Hub (27.7058)
Prajau : Landis Orbital (9.81956)
Windizetet : Paulmier de gonneville dock (24.1972)
Kamuti : Smith terminal (27.6313)
Rutena : Weitz City (11.127)
Pongkala : Aikin City (16.2575)
:D

Last edited:
@Alec Turner - nice video, count it as if I gave rep ;)

Given that I barely plotted anything (just went by a "if it's double, too much trouble" approach) and only made a couple of attempts, bringing home a third place is a "mission accomplished" for me. :)

Kudos to the winner!

Thanks to robinjb for hosting this excellent race trade CG.

I feel that it could easily have been a regular race, so those of us who are regularly being interdicted by RL can do more route optimization :)

Anyway, I had great fun.

Congratulations to all the fast traders among you :D

Fixed map:
fixed_incomprehenible_route.png

Close but no banana. I went via Windizetet but my pink line does not.
crapsticks.. well don't all start checking.. ill be at it all day.. its already given me a migraine.. it got too much for me after putting 4 on ;) ...like a lot of my stuff .. nice idea let down by bad implementation.

EDIT:- OK so furry and alecs route have been corrected I hope.. anyone else?

Last edited:
Well its over and the secrets out!

Congrats to cookiehole for winning! thats a few youve won now chap.. how about your prize.. is to host a race.. ;)
I'll definetly have to do that! Maybe in a few weeks, too much to do atm to have time and energy for that :/

Good job everyone! As for racing in T-9s...Spring Break will have a Party Barge class for anyone wanting to race Anacondas in-and-out of stations. :D
Kudos to SpoonLoeffel for another T9 assault! If you hadn't shown up in a lot of previous races in Sailfish one could think that you had taken the "trading" literally :D
As for smashing Anacondas into stations: I'd love to! Only problem is that I'm on the other side of the Galaxy and the Cookiebots might lack around 200m credits :(

Well done cookie. Interesting route. I tried a route with all three double systems and it was more or less the same as my final route. I didn't try Alexis Centauri and Yun Dun, though. Perhaps I should have.

Bale and Rosy can be fast.
Awesome SC approach! Concerning route planning I'll have to rewatch my videos because I honestly didn't spend much time and science looking at a route. Basically threw all the stuff into Alot's EDTS, got a good-looking route in easy mode, looked at a few system maps and gave it a go. Seems I was lucky again and got a somewhat decent route by luck and not-being-too-ashamed-to-use-easymode :eek:

Pongkala, Aikin City (58Ls, Coriolis Starport)
=== 9.96Ly ===> Yun Dun, Andrews Hub
=== Yun Dun, Crook City
=== 24.34Ly ===> Rutena, Weitz City
=== 11.13Ly ===> Kamuti, Smith Terminal
=== 6.19Ly ===> Alexis Centauri, Bale
=== Alexis Centauri, Rosy
=== 20.69Ly ===> Pongkala, Aikin City

Total distance: 72.31Ly (72.31Ly); total jumps: 7

I think that spending time on the track was more important than a perfect route in this race, as you often loose a lot of time due to the route being "new" and getting used to the ship in the first try. Especially as the race was short and the race period of a few days is pretty short for extensive route/loadout/flying optimization of a scramble race, even a short one. :)
Videos and more detailed analysis probably coming in the next days.

I used EDTS for the first cut, but then pruned systems by hand and re-ran it until I liked the result. It didn't know distances for a couple of stations, and its guesses on supercruise time aren't too accurate anyway; since that figured so big in this run hand-tweaking seemed necessary. If I'd had more time I probably would have flown a few different routes to see which was fastest in practice.

My route for my single run was:
Pongkala/Aikin City
Rutena/Weitz City
Kamuti/Smith Terminal
Alexis Centauri/Bale
Alexis Centauri/Rosy
Prajau/Landis Orbital
Mau/Sheffield Hub
Pongkala/Aikin City

I think the longest jump was just under 26 ly. It doesn't take a lot of optimization to make that a 1-jump trip in an Adder -- I had an A-rated power distributor and thrusters, and I carried a shield generator. That was fortunate because man, am I ever out of practice speed-docking that ship. The only bit of automation I used was a keyboard macro to pop up the galaxy map and enter the next destination for me.

Last edited:
I used EDTS for the first cut, but then pruned systems by hand and re-ran it until I liked the result. It didn't know distances for a couple of stations, and its guesses on supercruise time aren't too accurate anyway; since that figured so big in this run hand-tweaking seemed necessary.

As EDTS used the eddb database, it should get the distances when you update the station on eddb/ross and download the eddb files again.

Videos and more detailed analysis probably coming in the next days.

Huh, already next MWM event coming :eek:
I guess I'll skip the analysis and video part and do some collection of my worst MWM fails some day. I guess I shouldn't spend more time doing stuff around a race than racing, exept when I happen to be the organizer. Which should hopefully happen SoonTM :)

Top Bottom