Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Seven Sisters Speedway. 13-Jul-3305 to 21-Jul-3305

Ready!

VyGD134.png

0h1YHWK.png

I'm confused by what Hip Hop only means. I never listen to Hip Hop (on purpose)(well, usually).

But I think you're not referring to music types here, are you?

Assuming I can race without music, I might just give it a go :)

I'm confused by what Hip Hop only means. I never listen to Hip Hop (on purpose)(well, usually).

But I think you're not referring to music types here, are you?

Assuming I can race without music, I might just give it a go :)
Lol

It just means that you only have to visit the system, take a screenshot (if not videoing) and then jump straight to your next destination - it's called Hip Hop Only after the original Pleiades Hip Hop race, where there were no stations so we just Hip Hopped. ;)

One of those stars has no stations, the other has a station at a distant binary, so we're just jumping in then out again. :)

I was so busy exploring during the last Buckyball Run, I didn’t even notice it until it was over! Thankfully, that’s not the case this time. And while Commander Stevenson is at the far side of the galaxy still, Commander Beth Johansson will be taking her place in the Regulation Hauler division...

... just as soon as I get her over to the Pleiades. :)

I was so busy exploring during the last Buckyball Run, I didn’t even notice it until it was over! Thankfully, that’s not the case this time. And while Commander Stevenson is at the far side of the galaxy still, Commander Beth Johansson will be taking her place in the Regulation Hauler division...

... just as soon as I get her over to the Pleiades. :)

*looks carefully

Hmmmm, not my favorite Empire shill. Still, will be good to see you on the leaderboards.

Just over 12 hours to the beginning of the Se7en Sisters Speedway, and plenty of Buckyball regulars and a few new faces arriving at the start line and/or getting distracted by the beautiful location of the Squirrel's Nest space bar.

I've not had chance to knock up a Google form for this race, so I'll be taking submissions via the traditional Buckyball method of PMs (apparently now called "conversations" on these forums).

I'll update the OP to include these same details:

Intent to Race!

Is it customary (but not required) for Buckyballers to declare their intent to race before doing so, in something like the following format.

Intent to Race
CMDR Name (forum alias if different)
Ship name (ship type)
Race Class

Examples:
Intent to Race
CMDR Raiko
The Nomad (Asp X)
Open Unlimited

Intent to Explode
CMDR Raiko
Buckyball XL-5 (Hauler)
Regulation Hauler and Kamikaze Cup

(Note: I'm not planning on entering my own race – unless I have a go in the Kamikaze Cup in something too slow to get a competitive time bonus)

Proof and Submissions:

Please PM me on here with your run times (use the "conversation" envelope at the top of the screen):

Format:
CMDR Name (forum alias if different)
Ship name (ship type)
Race Class and/or Kamikaze Cup
Start Time: hh:mm:ss
Finish Time: hh:mm:ss
URL Link to Evidence Screenshots or Video Upload

Screenshots are the fastest and lowest bandwidth way to submit your run, but if you wish to upload a full video and link to that instead, that would be great!
If you’re feeling kind, please provide timestamps for the start and end screenshot times.

If you enter the Kamikaze Cup, there's no need to work out your time bonuses yourself, just include the required additional screenshots, or I'll extract the best bonuses from your video upload.

Please don't link to your video uploads or screenshots in forums post or post your run times until the final weekend of the event. In the traditional Buckyball style, I'll be obfuscating precise run times until the last few days of the race.

Oops, in case the post above is confusing.

Post your "intent to race" on here in the race thread - so that other Cmdrs know who to look out for and say hello to.

But send your run submissions to me via PM. :)

Practice is coming along nicely. What I'm currently doing is trying to get the Phantom's weight down just a teensy bit more to shave one more jump off both my outbound and return journey's (it's so close now) without the shields becoming so weak that the ship can no longer survive a 580m/s collision with the back of the station.

Oh, and I spent some time at Squirrels Nest trying to get the following screenshot.

zucKlrC.png

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
It's been too long!

Fortunately one of the advantages of being a Technomage, is there are ways of spending a prolonged period 'ceasing to exist'. So while Ozric is out somewhere, Elasul has awoken to take his place in an assault attempt on the regulation leaderboard.

Stating my intent to race
Cmdr Name: Elastul Ma'fer
Ship Type: Hauler
Ship Name: Vespa Mandarina
Class: Regulation

And there's Squadron bookmarks! Awesome work :D

And there's Squadron bookmarks! Awesome work :D
Oh yeah - I also tweaked the squadron bookmarks this morning to include the precise locations. Note that the order is simply the order the waypoints were listed in the rules so don't take that as any sort of optimised route.

Oh yeah - I also tweaked the squadron bookmarks this morning to include the precise locations. Note that the order is simply the order the waypoints were listed in the rules so don't take that as any sort of optimised route.

And I've already used those squadron bookmarks to make a personalized list in the "correct" order. Even though they get put at the bottom of the list, I've discovered how they were pretty useful to get a visual clue from the galmap of how I could make the best trip between them, so they still have a use for me after all. Thanks for those Alec!

Top Bottom