Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Sidewinder Fuel Finder

Oh useful tip for anyone running this race multiple times..buy two sideys and bring a couple of "jump capable ships" Stick a spare ship at Fuelum and then use fast ship back...transfer ship and fly the second one. It saves at least an hour or more between runs. Repeat until you have had enough.

Well they seem to have uploaded Ok, let me know if there's any issues. I take it we can submit more than one entry (I did b@lls up at one point, emergency FSD cooldown).
Yes, several entries are welcome. I might only show the best in the score board but that depends on the amount etc.

Oh useful tip for anyone running this race multiple times..buy two sideys and bring a couple of "jump capable ships" Stick a spare ship at Fuelum and then use fast ship back...transfer ship and fly the second one. It saves at least an hour or more between runs. Repeat until you have had enough.
Already done, but good advice for others. (1Hr 15Min transfer time)

I take it we can submit more than one entry (I did b@lls up at one point, emergency FSD cooldown).
Yup, that's pretty much the entire spirit of Buckyball Racing - try to improve on your own time as many times as you like, slowly creep further and further up the scoreboard throughout the week ... and then get knocked back down to 6th place at the end when the pro's turn up in the final weekend and do it minutes faster than you dreamed possible!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
For the outfitting screenshots can we use the Modules panel, rather than the outfitting screen? This will show all the core modules are stock at the start and can do more shots for the second stage if needed. It's just it will be quicker and less fiddly.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Also stating my intent to try and plan to run the race with Elastul.
DGjsvKnh.jpg

Quick heads up that @psykit was streaming her run today (sadly foiled by the overzealous Thargoids we've foolishly employed to run security for this race) and will be continuing her attempts tomorrow morning I believe.

twitch.tv/psykit

Come and cheer her on (or boo if you're one of those Fargod worshippers).

I saw that, hopefully Psykit will have better luck tomorrow.

The Thargoids left me in middle of nowhere without enough fuel to get to either a station or a FC on my first attempt tonight.
First time I've ever run out of fuel in over 1300 hours in game 😢 🤬.
Watch out Thargoids I might be out for revenge this weekend 😂

Top Bottom