Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: The A* Challenge V2.0

My own Colonia Speedrun has been delayed as I've stuck around in the bubble for all of Real Men Race in Lederhosen seeing as the Speedun competition was extended by a week.

Because of this, I've not yet set up the promised Google form for Double or Nothing entries.
If anyone would like to submit Double or Nothing entries immediately, rather than waiting for the Google Form, then you can, but please send them by Private Message Only (ie use the forum "start conversation" function) - please do not post your Double or Nothing screenshots in this thread, as the Colonia Times are supposed to be a secret until the end.

I'll post a Double or Nothing leaderboard on here, as soon as I have at least three submissions.
I won't be entering Double or Nothing myself, as I'll be staying in Colonia for a few days - and my Asp Explorer entry to the Colonia Speedrun Competition shouldn't be in contention for any prizes, so there's no harm in me knowing your run time, as long as I keep it to myself.

The Double or Nothing leaderboard won't actually show the full times until into the last week (so after the Speedrun competition has ended).

Reminder - to enter the Double or Nothing event I need the following, via Private Message:
  • Cmdr Name
  • Ship Name
  • Ship Type
  • A* Challenge Entry Class (Classic / Neutron / Unlimited)
  • Run Time (taking into account any timeout that might apply)
  • Station Services screenshot at Rebuy Prospect (Fullerene C60)
  • {optional} Launch pad screenshot docked at Rebuy Prospect - This will be your start time, if less than 5 minutes after the Station Services screenshot, otherwise the station services screenshot is your start time.
  • Screenshot while docked at Jaques Station (Colonia)
  • Screenshot of the Galaxy Map showing you at Sagittarius A* - This is your end time.
Also:
  • If you entered in Classic or Neutron Class, you also need to provide outfitting screenshots, or module tab screenshots showing that no engineered or guardian tech modules are fitted.
  • If you hauled Buckyball Beermats to Jaques in order to take a timeout, then you need to provide extra screenshots as described above in this post, showing the purchase and sale of the mats, and you need to provide a screenshot ending your timeout prior to launching from Jaques.
@The Golden Knight and @Ravenov - I know that you've both made runs, so you can either PM me the evidence now, or hold off for the Google form when I make it to Colonia. I've received a submission already from @crotalus so if I get two more then I'll post a Double or Nothing leaderboard.
Sent via Discord Private Message. You already have my ship loadout for a particular Diamondback Explorer. So it's just me taking the start picture (Sol), the checkpoint picture (Colonia), and the finish picture (Sag'A).

Entry submitted via PM for Double or Nothing

20200910233653_1.jpg

Well I have submitted the pitiful time from a mighty ship. Engineered to within an inch of its life and I didn't bring the piloting chops to match. Our first ever go on the Neutron Highway, loads of ing around and time wasted falling out of the cone but HEY WE DIDN'T BLOW UP :)

Looking forward to next one Ex!

Commander Golden-Knight
Ship Type Federal Corvette
Ship Name Hero Leader
Class Classic
Time 18 hours 16 minutes 3 seconds. (Calculator source cited - https://www.calculator.net/time-cal...our3=&tcminute3=&tcsecond3=&ctype=1&x=73&y=29 )

NEW RECORD!!!

CORVETTE RECORD START.jpg

CORVETTE RECORD FINISH.jpg

CORVETTE RECORD FINISH 2.jpg

CORVETTE RACE LOADOUT 10.jpg

CORVETTE RACE LOADOUT 3.jpg

CORVETTE RACE LOADOUT 1.jpg

CORVETTE RACE LOADOUT 5.jpg

OH, and I'd like to thank the ORIGINAL Hero Leader, who made this possible:

Jay Picture.PNG

And this run was far from flawless, which included one computer crash, a handful of breaks to eat, and a metric tonne of interruptions caused by #BlameMom. Either way, this should make the former Corvette Record appear casual in comparison. Well done, if I say so myself.
Fun-fact, this particular time is just a sliver faster than my ORIGINAL galactic sprint done in my Cobra so many months ago! (Anyone remember the Freedom's Beginning?) That former time was 18:21:00 and this was 18:16:03

o7 and Semper Bellum, troop.

Last edited:
Congrats on another great run @Ravenov.

Congrats @The Golden Knight as well.

I'll be posting the Double or Nothing leaderboard today, by the way. Real life has kept me busy, sorry for the delay.

Well I have submitted the pitiful time from a mighty ship. Engineered to within an inch of its life and I didn't bring the piloting chops to match. Our first ever go on the Neutron Highway, loads of ing around and time wasted falling out of the cone but HEY WE DIDN'T BLOW UP :)

Looking forward to next one Ex!
Did you mean to post that in the Colonia Speedrun Competition thread @Dogsbody_D? If not, then I haven't received evidence of your A* Challenge run.

You'll be waiting a few days longer! :p

But as I said on the discord, I'll probably be keeping Double or Nothing going permanently, and as you entered during the Speedrun Competition you'll have a special exclusive leaderboard "decal".

You'll be waiting a few days longer! :p

But as I said on the discord, I'll probably be keeping Double or Nothing going permanently, and as you entered during the Speedrun Competition you'll have a special exclusive leaderboard "decal".

Honestly, I wouldn't mind an in-game ship decal for "Buckyball Record Breaker". Though that means you'd have to give at least one ro Ravenov, as well. Because ship-class record is a separate bracket from all-time record.

So, rules question even though I doubt it’s relevant here: you are supposed to have a screenshot of the station services instead of the one in the album, just docked, because station services not only have time but also date, right?

Time: 3:06:43

Official time would be :54 because it’s based on the screenshots :) (I like how it’s 11s difference for both of us, stop slacking with opening the galmap!)

So, rules question even though I doubt it’s relevant here: you are supposed to have a screenshot of the station services instead of the one in the album, just docked, because station services not only have time but also date, right?
Oops. Luckily I recorded the whole thing so the date can be confirmed.
Official time would be :54 because it’s based on the screenshots :) (I like how it’s 11s difference for both of us, stop slacking with opening the galmap!)
I had some trouble hitting the screenshot button instead of the "close map" button. :LOL:

That's correct, but I'm not too bothered as long as the run doesn't set a record. Jysella's run is slower than the DBX unlimited record, so I wouldn't quibble the run.

The Galmap screen is used for the finishing time as you say. Although I'll just apply a small penalty for anyone who doesn't provide a galmap image. Again this is dependent on not breaking a record, as I need the date to confirm record runs. And as with all BRC events video resolves any and all problems with screenshot evidence.

Top Bottom