Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: The A* Challenge V2.0

Done and done. 5 hours, 17 minutes and 45 seconds.

cP7TwdM.jpg

pof8Krr.jpg

I could easily take 60-90 mins off from that time if i wanted, but i think this will be my first and last Sag A Challenge. :D

Last edited:

SUMMARY REPORT AUGUST 3304 to MAY 3305

Apologies, I've never quite managed to find time to write up a full report of the runs since Drakhyr's last update and prior to me taking over hosting the A* Challenge.

I believe that the most significant event of that period was on 30-Sep-3304, CMDR Up2d4t3 took advantage of new technological breakthroughs to retake the Unlimited Class record with a great time of 01:53:29 in his Guardian FSD-Booster equipped Anaconda Goldie.

Congratulations CMDR Up2d4t3! o7

The galaxy held its breath for the expected response from CMDR Alot, but so far Rhonda the Conda remains in dock. Can any other CMDR step up to the challenge? Until they do CMDR Up2d4t3 is officially recognised by the Buckyball Racing Club as the fastest CMDR in the galaxy.

During this period the following CMDRs also made runs to Sadge, congratulations to each and every one of you.

CLASSIC CLASS:
15-Aug-3304, CMDR turkwinif, Anaconda, Liberty One – 08:05:42
12-Sep-3304, CMDR tomparkes1993, Sidewinder, Run#13.37 – 45 days 23h46m
16-Sep-3304, CMDR turkwinif, Alliance Challenger, Xeno Chew Toy – 14:38:22 – Class Record until 01-Apr-3305
23-Sep-3304, CMDR Darplata94, Alliance Crusader, Amoracchius – 15:20:53 – Class Record
15-Dec-3304, CMDR Darplata94, Krait Phantom, Lividus – 08:45:31 – Class Record
30-Jan-3305, CMDR Darplata94, Alliance Chieftain, Esperacchius – 12:11:20 – Class Record
01-Apr-3305, CMDR Darplata94, Alliance Challenger, Fidelacchius – 13:43:20 – Class Record

NEUTRON CLASS:

16-Sep-3304, CMDR Darplata94, Asp Explorer, Naja – 06:01:28 – Class Record

UNLIMITED CLASS:

11-Aug-3304, CMDR Crotalus, Federal Corvette, Calypso – 04:44:05 – Class Record
15-Oct-3304, CMDR Crotalus, Federal Dropship, Hecate – 05:23:22 – Class Record
15-Dec-3304, CMDR Crotalus, Mamba, Polylepis – 05:20:41 – Class Record
31-Jan-3305, CMDR Howard Hughes, Anaconda, CONSTELLATION – 01:58:56
17-Feb-3305, CMDR Crotalus, Type-10 Defender, Tigris – 04:34:07 – Class Record
03-Apr-3305, CMDR Edelgard von Rhein, Federal Dropship , Hippogriff – 1 day 00h34m
19-Apr-3305, CMDR Boni58, Asp Explorer, Patanyska One – 03:46:06
26-May-3305, CMDR Crotalus, Viper mkIII, Enyo – 05:40:43 – Class Record

Update including recent runs to follow...

Last edited:

SUMMARY REPORT 16-AUG-3305

All the action so far, since my friendly takeover of the A* Challenge has been in Unlimited Class.

CMDR Crotalus took the opportunity to snatch two more vacant class records, setting times to beat of 04:30:50 in his Cobra mkIV Goldii and 04:43:21 in Eleanor an Alliance Crusader.

The run in Goldii was particularly noteworthy, as Crotalus jumped straight out of his Type-10 Tigris at the Seven Sisters Speedway (leaving it wedged inside a tunnel at the Squirrel's Nest space bar), into his Cobra mkIV and headed off to Sadge.

CMDR Henkka77 has been planning to make an A* Run for a while and arrived at Sadge on 10-Aug-3305 in his FSD-Boosted Anaconda Reluctance in a nice time of 05:17:45. Congratulations Henkka77, enjoy touring The Core. o7

Another A* Challenge newcomer CMDR Numerlor has made several unlimited runs in his Anaconda Raia, the fastest of which was made only last night, and beat Up2d4t3's record by a slim 26 seconds – that's only one second per kylie!

Congratulations CMDR Numerlor, the new A* Challenge record holder with a Sol-Sadge time of 01:53:03. o7 CMDR!

Unlimited_Board.png

Unlimited_Records.png

I've managed to update all the "Ship Type Record History" tables, to include all changes since Drakhyr's Last Update. I've also added all pre-A* Challenge records to those lists, including BBRA* records and both Zulu Romeo's and Anuranium's pre-BBRA runs.

I've also knocked up an extra table with the full list of Sol-Sadge record holders from Zulu Romeo to Numerlor.

History_of_the_record.png

Classic_Records.png

Neutron_Records.png

Unlimited_Records.png

Last edited:
Definitely going to give this a try. I want to see if I really can best the Anaconda with a shorter range ship purely based on technique over range.

Commander: Payperheirplain
Ship Name: Canterbury
Ship Type: Krait Phantom
Class: Unlimited (FSD Booster, Jet Cone on the Gal Map)

Will update when I get the run underway.

So it seems I announced my return a bit prematurely, because work threw me a curveball that has kept me from being able to play Elite at all (much less make a run) for the last few weeks. That said, I should be clear of that now.

Now I just need to get in a few game sessions to work my flying back up to spec before I attempt my run.

Also:
CMDR : Up2d4t3
Ship Type : Anaconda
Ship Name : Goldie
Class : Unlimited (FSD Boost + neutrons + FSD Guardian)
Time : 1h52m10s

Start : Source: https://imgur.com/ZminDBK

End : Source: https://imgur.com/7BNmhPU

I think it's a new record :p

Most impressive, Commander! o7

SUMMARY REPORT 18-SEP-3305

This month has seen plenty of action - particularly in unlimited class.

A* Challenge regular CMDR Crotalus made three new runs this month - taking him to a total of 27 entries on the leaderboard! His first two runs were in unlimited class, claiming the vacant Krait Phantom record in Celeste with a nice time of 02:52:38 - which is currently the fastest non-Conda run ever made - and also making a Conda run of his own 3:05:26 in Leviathan.

His final run of this update was in Classic Class where he beat a long-standing record in his iCourier Iris, his time of 11:33:26 beating CDMR Retmoc's old record which had stood since October 3301.

entries_per_user.png

All the rest of the action has been by CMDRs making Anaconda runs in Unlimited Class. A* Challenge newcomer TxActual made a great first run with a time of 5:02:38 in Big Fazeek, and another new runner CMDR Aegle Bra2S did even better, finishing just outside the two hour mark with a time of 2:04:31 in her Conda Time Lord.

Both CMDRs plan to improve their first runs in the near future, so welcome to the Buckyball Racing Club - o7

At the top of the table, CMDR Up2d4t3 reclaimed the overall record for the fourth time in Goldie with a run of 01:52:10, taking 33 seconds off Numerlor's time.

And then, when I already had this report drafted - and the leaderboards updated - CMDR turkwinif proved she is not just blazingly fast in an SRV by submitting two sub-two hour runs in Liberty One. The first was an excellent 1:58:39, but that didn't even make it onto the board, as she immediately followed up with a great second run of 1:53:29.

With turkwinif saying it's time to optimise her route, CMDR Numerlor looking to reclaim his record and Buckyball regular (and A* Challenge newbie) CMDR Bruski planning an unlimited run it was already looking like hotting up even more at the top of the table.

Then news arrived that A* Challenge Legend CMDR Alot was preparing a new run in Rhonda...

I need to post this update right now, before one of them makes me update the records again.

History_of_the_record.png

Updated leaderboards inside the spoiler tags:
Unlimited_Board.png

Classic_Board.png

Last edited:
CMDR Name: turkwinif
Ship Type: Anaconda
Ship Name: Liberty One
Class: Unlimited
Time: 01:46:32
6wfZRRp.png
6j0uz5q.png

This run really pushed the current route and outfitting to its limit. With a flawless run I'm sure another minute could be saved, but I'm happy with where the time sits now.

Top Bottom