Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: The A* Challenge V2.0

Second try! HUGE improvement already. Still fell into a fuel star a couple times. Need to improve curving into the neutron. But hats off to you <2h... you're crazy good at this.
I'll bet I can get closer to 2h.. Under is quite a feat.

Cmdr: Ryphon
Ship Name: Wet Paper Bag | LNGRNG
Ship Type: Anaconda
Class: Unlimited
Time: 2:32:32

Streamed the whole thing:
Here

I posed something like this, but with a more hardcore twist (as a "test of spirit", rather than "test of mind"). In short, no shortcuts, and you must go from Sol to Sag'A* within 24 REAL HOURS. I pulled it off with 18 hours and 21 minutes, so there is still margin for breaks. I call it "The Sagittarius Sprint"! (Or simply "The Sprint")

For details, I wrote this: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...k-a-the-golden-challenge.550948/#post-8597299

Last edited:
I posed something like this, but with a more hardcore twist (as a "test of spirit", rather than "test of mind"). In short, no shortcuts, and you must go from Sol to Sag'A* within 24 REAL HOURS. I pulled it off with 18 hours and 21 minutes, so there is still margin for breaks. I call it "The Sagittarius Sprint"! (Or simply "The Sprint")

For details, I wrote this: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...k-a-the-golden-challenge.550948/#post-8597299

Sounds just like the Classic class of the A* challenge, which is much more of a marathon than the current Unlimited class.

Classic Class entries must abide by the following regulations:
  • (Engineer-)modified modules are not permitted.
  • Enhanced Performance Thrusters are not permitted.
  • Items only available from technology brokers, including all modules based upon Guardian technology, are not permitted.
  • The use of materials synthesis (e.g. FSD Injection or AFM refill) is not permitted.
  • The use of FSD supercharging (from neutron stars or white dwarfs) is not permitted.

Wow! And Raveonov takes the top spot by just 7 seconds ... awesome stuff, bravo!

A--70H-KLlhi3tZV_wvrIFai8IOuba6qhy0Ki5JYNlRNj06gXb12rJkyDUrpbFWwzGJHUzeDwsv8Jz4LCwKT9CQ0A9adZhaIvIS_dwbcfFWpT1HBieY_hlBYKLujyNB26oYwq-jiRnYUXdYtjd248-_1g21fqWIKl9FuO-xjGupEJB-P

Thanks y'all. Still made some mistakes (minor one with my route that i'm still unsure how happened plus a few other issues) so a little room to improve still.

Congratulations on your amazing time @Ravenov. I'll get a board update done this week, as I've got quite a few new runs to add now.

BTW, you're getting quite a few congratulations over on the BRC Discord, but I'm not sure if you're on there?

I am now :)

Top Bottom