Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: The A* Challenge V2.0

Commader: Crotalus
Ship Type: Keelback
Ship Name: Carina
Class: Unlimited
Time: 2 hours 57 Minutes 48 Seconds

bgQj4F4.jpg
AKhFPsy.jpg

Nice one @crotalus.

I've been quite busy at work before finishing for Christmas, so I've not gotten around to keeping the leaderboards up to date and there have been a few new runs now.

I'll get them updated over this weekend, and then resume my plan to update weekly.

As long as 2021 doesn't begin as busy as 2020 finished, then I'll also get cracking with writing up some sort of summary soon, as I do enjoy writing them when I have the time.

Apologies in particular to anyone who has made their first run since I last updated the boards - you've not been forgotten.

The leaderboards are now updated to the end of 3306.

My New Years resolution is to update them every week that there is a run (so they should be good for January at least! 😆 ), to finish tidying up the OP over the next week or two, get an up-to-date summary written this month, AND make an unlimited run myself ASAP.

Thanks to everyone who has made a run during 3306, it was an unforgettable year in both real life and the A* Challenge and your efforts have certainly helped me get through the year still smiling.

So, with the boards showing the last runs of 3306, I'm ready and waiting for the first run of 3307, I'm betting that it'll be by Cmdr Crotalus! ;)

Happy New Year!!!

Unlimited_Board.png

EDIT: Oops! just noticed that I forgot to re-sort the table, fixing now. DONE!

Last edited:
The leaderboards are now updated to the end of 3306.

My New Years resolution is to update them every week that there is a run (so they should be good for January at least! 😆 ), to finish tidying up the OP over the next week or two, get an up-to-date summary written this month, AND make an unlimited run myself ASAP.

Thanks to everyone who has made a run during 3306, it was an unforgettable year in both real life and the A* Challenge and your efforts have certainly helped me get through the year still smiling.

So, with the boards showing the last runs of 3306, I'm ready and waiting for the first run of 3307, I'm betting that it'll be by Cmdr Crotalus! ;)

Happy New Year!!!

View attachment 202717

EDIT: Oops! just noticed that I forgot to re-sort the table, fixing now. DONE!

Happy New Year. Just saw the Ship Champions in the OP...well done! 🏆

Commander: MrQuark
Ship Type: Cobra Mk3
Ship Name: Depth of Light
Class Unlimited
Time: 5hrs 11min 43sec
Screenshot_0037.jpg
Screenshot_0039.jpg

Plagued by Server issues and work calls on this one, I'm sure someone can beat this time with ease if they feel so inclined. But was fun nevertheless.

Sorry for those waiting to have their latest runs added to the board, especially those who
have made their first attempts.

Unfortunately Boris' lockdown 3.0 has totally destroyed my free time (and my new year's resolution) at the moment. :(

I think I'll get time this weekend to update the boards and then hopefully scout out a route so I can participate in the new Buckyball race The Thargoid Structure Scramble.

With a bit of luck I'll manage to stick to those resolutions starting this month - who cares about January anyway? 😊

Sorry for those waiting to have their latest runs added to the board, especially those who

Unfortunately Boris' lockdown 3.0 has totally destroyed my free time (and my new year's resolution) at the moment. :(

I think I'll get time this weekend to update the boards and then hopefully scout out a route so I can participate in the new Buckyball race The Thargoid Structure Scramble.

With a bit of luck I'll manage to stick to those resolutions starting this month - who cares about January anyway? 😊
Pretty sure resolutions are meant to be broken anyways 😉 And really January doesn't count.

Yeowch. I thought lockdowns were supposed to create MORE free time! I'm confused!

Hey guys!

CMDR Miklagardr here (trying to get my forum name changed over). Gonna be attempting the Sag A* challenge here once I get all the necessary screenshots and make sure I've crossed all my t's and dotted all my i's.

I'm a big theorycrafter, but my gameplay probably leaves a lot to be desired, so let's see how my first run does! Nothing too interesting, just an Anaconda run.

All in all, you guys seem like a great community, so it's a pleasure to have taken part :)

Last edited:
Fantastic run @DarthArcanus! o7

Quick note for everyone: As soon as the experimental double engineered FSD is made available from Tech Brokers in the game, its ban will be lifted and it will be available for runs in unlimited class.

I'm looking forward to seeing how close the medium ships can get to the Conda times with it. :cool:

Please let me know if you make a run with that drive fitted - I'll probably add another scoreboard notation.

Wow.
a) welcome to the Buckyball Racing Club's Sag A* challenge
b) holy crap ... that's a hell of a good time, congrat's

Yeah, I was not expecting it. I've been working on engineering the crap out of my Conda for a while now, and just got the GFSDB, so it was nice to really cut loose and have fun with it. I also had fairly decent luck, but there's also mistakes I made. Mostly minor stuff, like falling out of the neutron stream before I got a supercharge, but I think my route was pretty good and nothing major went wrong.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll see y'all around!

Top Bottom