Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: The A* Challenge

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Look's like fun, heading out soon.

Commander name: Padovani
Ship name: Plum Pathfinder
Ship type: Asp

Let's see what's out there.

Great job, drakhyr!

I'm so glad that I'm still ranked #104, and still the 2nd fastest Orca.

I think it will be quite a while (at least 37 days) until someone 'beats' my record!

"In a surprising move today, Senator Patreus called for drug testing for racers competing in Buckyball Racing Club events. To quote the Senator: 'For too long, Bucky racers have introduced all sorts of foreign substances into their bodies to get them through the pressures of events. We have compiled a list of substances that Bucky racers have been caught ingesting, and frankly, this abuse must stop. Racers have been caught ingesting pizza, Chee-tos, Diet Coke... even Vegemite. Vegemite, for God's sake! Well, it stops now. From now on, every racer will be required to submit a testing sample along with evidence of their race time as proof.' "The members of the Buckyball Racing Club, after private discussion, agreed. Moreover, as a gesture of the level of goodwill between the Senator and the Racing Club, they have announced that they would send the samples directly to Senator Patreus' office."

"In a surprising move today, Senator Patreus called for drug testing for racers competing in Buckyball Racing Club events"

In an equally unsurprising move, CMDR Henry Passionfruit called for Senator Patreus to
"kiss my Orca's neutron-flux exhaust vent"

CMDR Henry Passionfruit, who represents the "Buckyball Racers Who Fly Red Orcas Amalgamated Union" ('The drinking club with a racing problem', membership: 1) was adamant in his assertion that:
"Drugs are the whole point. Well, no, drugs are bad, m'kaaaay kiddies; but they are terrific fun when your ship is clocking a high fraction of c within the starport dock. It's quite the rush, what!"

and also that

"What does that toad-licking Imperial nancy-pants have against Vegemite? When was the last time you saw Vegemite enslave a planet? When did Vegemite ever declare war? Vegemite doesn't kill people; in fact people eating Vegemite have never killed anyone while eating Vegemite. FACT. Stick that up your junta, Senator No-Pants-R-Us!"

Speaking by sub-etha from the Lido Deck Spa Pool of his racing Orca "The Spanish Inquisition" CMDR Passionfruit was also reported as saying:

"If Senator Patreus thinks he can just make up rules then he better think again. The more rules he makes just means more rules for Buckyballers to break! When a Buckyballer sees a rule they are overcome with an urge to break it; it's a natural reaction. There are enough rules in this Universe, the last thing it needs is more. "Slow Down" - nope. "Keep to under 200m/s in Starport" - heh, yeah, but NO. "No speeding" - sorry going to fast to read your sign. "No illegal racing" - sorry can't hear you over the noise of how awesome CMDR Alot is. Actually, bring it on Senator! You can't make a rule us Buckyballers can't or won't break! ner ner ner ner ner!"

Senator Patreus declined to comment.

Yeah, because he's too busy licking toads. Senator Patreus licks toads! Senator No-Pants-R-Us has NO PANTS! OOOohhh I'm so scared of Senator Patreus - Come get me Imperial Toad Lickers! Send Lavigny; or the blue-haired one, at least they look cute and there's plenty of room in my Spa Pool! Oh, is the mic still on?

PS. also send Helium & Vegemite. My co-pilot and I have run out of our respective indulgences.

Last edited:
I have just noticed a slight error on the boards it has me listed that I completed a run in an Imperial Courier when it was done in an Imperial Clipper

"In a surprising move today, Senator Patreus called for drug testing for racers competing in Buckyball Racing Club events. To quote the Senator: 'For too long, Bucky racers have introduced all sorts of foreign substances into their bodies to get them through the pressures of events. We have compiled a list of substances that Bucky racers have been caught ingesting, and frankly, this abuse must stop. Racers have been caught ingesting pizza, Chee-tos, Diet Coke... even Vegemite. Vegemite, for God's sake! Well, it stops now. From now on, every racer will be required to submit a testing sample along with evidence of their race time as proof.' "The members of the Buckyball Racing Club, after private discussion, agreed. Moreover, as a gesture of the level of goodwill between the Senator and the Racing Club, they have announced that they would send the samples directly to Senator Patreus' office."

Phew, at least he hasn't clamped down on the coctail of hot cross buns and rose wine that fuelled my own run out to sag A.

I have just noticed a slight error on the boards it has me listed that I completed a run in an Imperial Courier when it was done in an Imperial Clipper

In that case, congratulations CMDR Quineloeon your record breaking Imperial Courier run!

OK, I'll fix that in the next update :). Does your Clipper have a name?

In that case, congratulations CMDR Quineloeon your record breaking Imperial Courier run!

Unfortunately not - I had to break it to Cmdr Quineloe last night that the rules count total elapsed time (not just flight time), so his recorded time is actually 2 days, 9 hours and change. I'll also look at making the rules a bit clearer on that point - the clock doesn't stop ticking when you're offline.

Registration of Run

I'm about to set off on this. Bit sad I missed the run as I was wanting one of them stickers :D. Been saving up for this ship and gear for about 4 weeks now.

CMDR Grokknar Ironanvil
in a
Diamondback Explorer
named
Sometimes I Wander

Outfitting
ChPXXwrh.png

Starting
6biAsl1h.png

I'll be streaming it all (hopefully) as well: http://twitch.tv/grokknar

Update

End of day 2 -
Distance travelled(Ly): ~ 16,500
Distance remaining(Ly): ~ 9,400

Took minor heat damage from coronal collision (whoops!).
AFMU repairs conducted. Power plant at 98%. Pushing on.
Stellar density increasing dramatically, Navigation is becoming difficult.
The route plotting computer exhibits signs of overload, taking a long time to create a route.
The Milky Way is now as bright as a strip light across the sky.

Also Good luck to you Quineloe !
Possibly the first to pilot a courier to the core ?

...and so it is done. I have no idea how it could have been done any quicker, I litterally have not stopped since I set off. I'm guessing a better fuel scoop would have cut down on the waiting but who knows. For now I am pleased.

Fittings
mlbb8j2h.jpg

Leaving
6biAsl1h.png

Proof
TbWKL3Wh.png

Bonus
VjJHzsjh.png

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom