Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Bucky Files:- The Case of the Missing Comet (23-25 May)

Cool, did you post to galnet submissions ?.. they said they were looking for community events like buckyballs for the news feed.
Intent to race:- CMDR Kligg, Cobra Mk3 Bingo wings , unlimited.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Cool, did you post to galnet submissions ?.. they said they were looking for community events like buckyballs for the news feed.
Intent to race:- CMDR Kligg, Cobra Mk3 Bingo wings , unlimited.

No, I completely forgot to do that, I'll do it when I get home. Great to have you along

Its a great course.. looks like it was specifically designed for a buckyball landing race ;)
I'm seeing 6 stations.. though what they are orbiting ive not yet had a look because if you don't select something near you can speed off pretty easily.
I did a run and missed the middle screen shot but it was good to get a practice run in.

Of course the most important question is: in which bar are you residing between attempts?

You'll currently find me at Webb Station.

Cmdr Samwell Drakhyr
al-Rassan
Viper mkIII
Open

Just submitted an entry with my Imperial Eagle. There were some minor delays and mishaps caused by a lack of caffeine and a bad memory and I had a blue screen of death whilst compiling the images afterwards... so now I need to log back in before that fine for hitting another ship boosting out the airlock turns to a bounty... . It's a hectic race but fun! That said, I want to do some exploring before 2.1 drops, so I'm going to head out into the black for a bit. Have fun everyone!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Well you are top of the leaderboard at the moment and no-one can ever take that away from you :D

Thanks for at least giving it a go, fly safe out there.

Well, that's no fun at all!

maxresdefault.jpg

i think i've got a blister from boosting so much! Boost!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
My first attempt led to a lot of examples of How Not To Dock. My second attempt was going a bit better, until this happened...

See! I'm not crazy ... there's something weird 'bout this system I tell you, 'taint natural!

Yep there's definitely strange things going on in Pareco alright...

Well I've had 2 official entries so far and so at almost the close of play on day one I can give a provisional leaderboard. I'm not sure how close the times will be so for the moment I've decided to just show the minutes, just to keep you guessing ;)

98h3F4Rl.jpg

Just completed my first couple of attempts. My time seems similar to drakhyr's. Plenty left to shave off though.

Finished with 3% hull lol.

Will probably not get screenies over to you until morning.

Bonkers system. You could do a live race there, with a specific station order.

Bonkers system. You could do a live race there, with a specific station order.

We'll for my entry, I flew between Crown and Garden in normal space.
Trip was about 6:30 @ between 430-464m/s

If Engineers can double my speed, a race between the 2 would in theory take 3:15

At 6:30, it would be a bit boring (but maybe not if it was a group race?)

Also, I made this map for my video, maybe of interest here,
2XnZYjr.jpg

Last edited:
My first run is completed and submitted. Sloppy as all get out, so I am about to make another try.

My speed docking is very rusty, that much is clear. On the other hand, I managed to not explode? I guess that counts for something.

EDIT: Second run also done. A little better than the first, but not what I'd call good.

I've been away too long - forgotten all the bay numbers and where they're located. I used to have a chart of them somewhere, maybe I can find it again.

EDIT 2: Found one. Not the same one I had before, but it will do.

EDIT 3: Anyone remember that weird crash in BBR7 where I barely scraped the top of the slot and it decided that was enough to blow me up? Happened again on my third run.

Fourth run, dropping out of SC on stop 10, lost connection to server.

That's a sign, I'm calling it a night.

Last edited:
New entry just submitted, this time featuring all six stations.

I think I'm ready for the SSS.

P.S. Hi to Kligg who was also out on the course this morning, sorry for not being very commmunicative - bit rushed today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom