Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club Presents: The Galaxy's End: A Buckyball Pub Crawl (28th April to 13th May)

Ah damn, I did meant to post about that at the start of the race.

According to EDDB the most convenient system for economy passenger cabins looks like Nganji, where Vizcaino Enterprise and Christian Dock sell them.

It's 78ly away though.

Yey! Completed a run! Now to recover from the hangover...

I recommend pushing on through it ... just gobble the chilis, get back to Rebuy Prospect and go round again!

No ED for me today so I'm just nervously watching the scoreboard from the sidelines (although I am now the worlds 5011th best Best Saber player!) :D

No ED for me today so I'm just nervously watching the scoreboard from the sidelines (although I am now the worlds 5011th best Best Saber player!) :D

That is something to brag about...if at least 10023 people played the game, that is. :p
(btw, watched a couple videos of the game on YT out of curiosity...and no, it did nothing to lessen my envy for you VR crowd)

You suggest that's better to avoid oscillations in ethanol concentration... and keep going? responsibly, off course...

Gobble up a tank of water, endure a couple sugar-less coffees, grit your teeth and push through it, you'll be as good as new in a couple hours*. And remember that it's always nice to meet up with Buckyball fans.

* (I may or may not have first hand experience on the subject)

Last edited:
Sorry for lack of a 24 hours to go leaderboard, I had some technical problems. Lol

I'll get a 12 hours to go leaderboard posted in a couple of hours.

At this moment in time Alec still has the lead with an unchanged time, and Aken is still second.

Fly fast cmdrs!

Second run.
Start: 11:48:48

End: 13:00:15
Unadjusted, unconfirmed time: 1:11:27?

Met no fans this time, but managed to apporach the Rahu installation from the wrong side of the rings, might've been below 70 minutes otherwise. Will edit and upload the video tonight.

Here is the 12 hours to go Leaderboard.
It's messed up a bit, sorry I've had quite a few problems due to excel online not behaving the same as the full version, and my laptop not currently having excel.

This board doesn't have PrimetimeCasual's latest run. I've also forgot to put "Golden Gaytime" as Terrorsidic's favourite Cornetto and also forgot to fix the position numbers after sorting the times. I'll fix these and give some commentary for the final update. :eek:

IVIz6FW.png

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge, Alec's DBX run is still the time to beat.

Good news for Alec then, no new attempts from me until deadline. [blah]
It's been several months (years?) since the last time I had a full afternoon available to play. What a better day for my internet connection to act up than today? [mad]
Must have been the last three days of heavy rain and passing storms to soak the line cabinet, anyway I've had an intermittent connection for the last two days and apparently no sign of it stopping, even simple browsing today has been a struggle, no point in even trying to open ED.
At least I took advantage of the issue to blow the dust off my tiny but relevant GOG library. Had forgotten how much fun Dying Light could be.

Still early to tell I know, but if there's someone deserving the title of Pub Crawl champion, that is Alec for sure! :p

Last edited:
Good news for Alec then, no new attempts from me until deadline. [blah]
It's been several months (years?) since the last time I had a full afternoon available to play. What a better day for my internet connection to act up than today? [mad]
You have my sympathies ... I know what that's like ... the hope that you're gonna have a lovely big long ED session only to end up having none at all.

:(

Still early to tell I know, but if there's someone deserving the title of Pub Crawl champion, that is Alec for sure! :p
Thanks! I can't deny I'd really love to win this one ... but the night is yet young I fear! Don't think I can bear to watch. Might just have to put on my super heavy anti-hangover shades until its all over. [cool]

Those bonuses are HUGE. I read through them and kept thinking "oh well, what's a minute". But, looking at it, those missed bonuses cost me a place - plain flying time I beat Terrorsidic, but, MAN! 22 bonus minutes! Kudos!

Those bonuses are HUGE. I read through them and kept thinking "oh well, what's a minute". But, looking at it, those missed bonuses cost me a place - plain flying time I beat Terrorsidic, but, MAN! 22 bonus minutes! Kudos!

I have a feeling that I might have messed up Terrorsidic's bonus - as his run time matches his entered times from the form.

I didn't have time to review his evidence before posting that table.

All will be sorted in the final update.

In the meantime, good luck Alec and good luck anyone out there trying to beat him.

Ha, I wasn't even sure if Cornetto did Golden Gaytime, but I Just wanted to put it down as my entry.

Well, today curiousity got the best of me, lo and behold:
cornetto-single-gaytime-copy-1-297x450.png

[size=+2]PROVISIONAL FINAL STANDINGS[/size]

ETQHhD2.png

h5nPM4z.png

Here are the provisional final standings, if anyone has another valid run completed before 23:59:59 13-MAY-3304 Galactic Time, I'll still accept submissions until midnight tonight. I'm fairly sure that all valid runs are in now though, unless Rusti chooses to submit his streamed twitch run which didn't challenge the leaders. I've included the bonus times for each run in the table, if I've made any mistakes please contact me before midnight.

Congratulations to CMDR Alec Turner the provisional winner.

An improved final day run from Inodoro Pereyra (snatching a podium spot from Bruski) and a run from Buckyball regular Samwell Drakhyr in his Type-6 Deep Blue Yonder failed to displace Alec's sub one-hour run from top spot.

In the experimental taxi-service challenge Drakhyr took top spot as the Buckyball Taxi Service's best pilot, managing to deliver his passengers quickly and happily to The Galaxy's End.

@Terrorsidic, I've corrected your run time. I've only scored the "unhappy" passengers not the "miserable/mission failed" ones, as I was only allowing a single passenger mission for this event. Stacking the missions or using just the "failed" mission wouldn't have affected the standings anyway.
Your stacked missions were good to see though, as I'll be allowing stacked passenger missions in the "Booze Cruise" category of the Black Riband II.

Thanks to everyone who took part especially BRC newcomers, hope you all had fun - the Rahu 1 Buckyball Fan Club had an amazing two weeks that they'll never forget. :D

Top Bottom