Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Kessel Run - Episode II (30 April-15 May)

Intent to race - Kessel run I was my first BRC race :)

That has been the first one for me too...the regulation Cobra "Sorry Excuse" did so well it earned a re-christening as "Millennium Faulcon" at the time...he deserves a new Kessel Run. Will be definitely running it.

Other ships/classes to be confirmed...I for one, I'm happy not having to go to Jabba anymore...there is where I surrendered to the dark side of self-destruct for the first time in game...

well im sure you discussed it with drakhyr so if hes cool with it i am. i would have seen it as an oppertunity to refine the last race rather than just do the same one again. but i think thats just me. ;) what im most pleased about is you put a drop shadow on the title so its more legible. well played. May the force be with you to all that race.

EDIT:- yeah i know the ends changed..i still think its pretty much like the last one .. and weve done that already.. thats just my opinion though so dont listen to grumpy old me. i actually didnt mind the jabbah bit.

Well, to be fair we're not going to Jabbah this time, that knocks a good bit off the journey. :p

It should also significantly change the routes that get used. Not that I've already run that simulation...nope, not me.

This isn't a race! [SUB] (It's a tribute.)[/SUB]

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Nice work getting on Galnet and the launcher ;)

Intent to do my utmost to get back in time to run this! I lost internet connection for a couple of days and I'm still 63k Ly out...

Is this open to Xbox CMDR's? because I for one would like to give it a go
If you have a way of recording game footage on Xbox (Say an Elgato Game Capture HD or something similar) to provide evidence as outlined in the OP, then I don't see why not.
As an alternative, you can record your entire run on video, using ShadowPlay or similar software, then make still pictures from the paused video using the cutting tool in Windows.
Although don't take my word for it, see what the host of this thread has to say about it.

If you have a way of recording game footage on Xbox (Say an Elgato Game Capture HD or something similar) to provide evidence as outlined in the OP, then I don't see why not.

Although don't take my word for it, see what the host of this thread has to say about it.
I can take screen shots and upload them to imgur. I've also just got an Elgato HD60, so I could record my trip

Is this open to Xbox CMDR's? because I for one would like to give it a go

We welcome our console brethren. I'll have to think about whether to add Xbone users to the main leaderboards and mark them with "XBOX" or to have separate leaderboards. Thoughts, anyone ?

I can take screen shots and upload them to imgur. I've also just got an Elgato HD60, so I could record my trip

Either method will work for this race, as long as you can get the screenshots you need.

We welcome our console brethren. I'll have to think about whether to add Xbone users to the main leaderboards and mark them with "XBOX" or to have separate leaderboards. Thoughts, anyone ?

I believe we've had xbox commanders in other races. I'd suggest just marking them with an X for now, I don't see any reason to assume they'd be at any significant advantage or disadvantage to warrant a separate scoreboard.

I don't think there needs to be a separate leaderboard as the only disadvantage I see will be experience, which is why I want to be involved. I have put a post on the Xbox forum with a link to see if anyone's interested.
CMDR TIP Talon
Class: Open Unlimited
Ship: Asp Explorer
Ships Name: Verity's Chance

Intent to race:
CMDR Macdaddy5539
Regulation Cobra
Centennial Raven

This is my first race and first post to the forum! I'm also on Xbox One if that matters. I intend to take all the screenshots on my Xbox then upload them through the smart glass app. Hope that works!

Awesome, welcome to Buckyball Racing!

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks!

Quick question: are we REQUIRED to take the beauty shot? Paint jobs just came out on Xbox and I didn't have a chance to buy one before I made the run.

Requirements come down to the race organiser (though usually they're used for podium places), so we'll wait for Stern to confirm but I don't think you need to worry as the race is on for 2 weeks and you'll be getting faster and faster, so plenty of time to buy a paintjob.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Quick question: are we REQUIRED to take the beauty shot? Paint jobs just came out on Xbox and I didn't have a chance to buy one before I made the run.
your beauty shot can be taken anytime before the end of the race. as its not a vital part of the race evidence. good luck.
EDIT ;- what Ozric said ;)

Last edited:
Thanks!

Welcome, CMDR.

The beauty shots are a nice-to-have thing, to show the winners on a podium after the race.
You could take a beauty shot of what you have now or buy a skin and send the beauty shot of that any time before the race ends.

In any event, this should not stand in the way of you making a phenomenal run. And then make even better ones :)

Fly fast and unsafe, CMDR.

EDIT: Double ninja'd

Last edited:
I was hoping I'd be able to shout "FIRST!!" after getting a run in this morning... Then I realised the challenges involved in route plotting with the Regulation Cobra. :D

Still, I think I now have a complete route, so once I get home on Monday I should be able to put a time on the board!

Top Bottom