Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: The Mischief Mile (5.12 - 13.12)

EDIT: And those planning on running with an Asp or DBX - note the reduced tank size requirement. I don't want to have to reject any entries due to not reading the fine print ;)

Hi mw!
So, ... If I'm interpreting correctly... Asp will need an standard 16 fuel tank plus an extra 8t tank (...To be sure we load 24tn fuel)... and this is allowed.
Cos filling the 32t tank to 75% will be very tricky.
Regards

Last edited:
Hi mw!
So, ... If I'm interpreting correctly... Asp will need an standard 16 fuel tank plus an extra 8t tank (...To be sure we load 24tn fuel)... and this is allowed.
Cos filling the 32t tank to 75% will be very tricky.
Regards

Yep, exactly right. The intent of the 'no extra fuel tanks' was to avoid CMDRs simply adding extra fuel so there was no need to stop for fuel on the route.

Weeeelll.... I sold my Vulture (*cue Hallelujah Chorus*), so I have a little money...

...putting a cargo rack in Haulin' A* to carry limpets would be sacrilege. She hauls A* and only A*....

...my Courier is outfitted for combat (and has a D-rank FSD!), and I don't want to strip and re-equip her right now...

...so I guess I'll be taking Cortana for this run. Which is probably just as well, crashing her won't eat into my FdL Fund nearly so much as crashing Joyeuse would.

So...
Commander name: Timothy Knight
Ship name: Cortana
Ship type: Imperial Eagle
Race entry class: Probably solo, doing this in an Impy Eagle is challenge enough.
Refuel method (Station or Limpets): Definitely station

Last edited:
Doing a scouting run I arrived at NLTT 48288 to find a bunch of Harmless Sideys presenting out-of-fuel symptoms. Being unable to get them to confirm their situation, or indeed say anything at all, I followed one who dropped and gave him some fuel whether he liked it or not.

Maybe it's best if I leave refueling to the actual Fuel Rats and concentrate on racing.

Then back at Fuelum I espied Kliggson leaving the station at a very satisfactory speed. No doubt we'll see his time posted shortly.

I'm going to have to make my run later this week. I have discovered a small problem that makes it very unlikely for me to put up a good time at the moment.

See... I lost my eyeglasses this week. And I'm discovering today that I cannot read the little numbesrs that countdown distance and time in supercruise. I've overshot my supercruise destinatoin more often than not today because of it.

Fortunately, I see the eye doctor on Tuesday and should have my new glasses before the end of the week, so it shouldn't prevent me from participating, only delay my entry a bit.

Last edited:
Race Intent: #1.

CMDR: JAK
Ship: Hauler
Name: The Mini Enigma
Entry Class: Open
Refuel Method: Station

Race Intent: #2.

Ship: Orca
Name: Plays With Food

Hi mw_aurora!!
Will run my DBX... both ways.
... from Hooke Hub:
Commander name: Inodoro Pereyra
Ship name: Yellow Grasshopper (or Chapulín Amarillo)
Ship type: Diamondback Explorer
Race entry class: Open with snickers/limpet.
Refuel method: Station

and from Ocampo Station
Commander name: Inodoro Pereyra
Ship name: Yellow Grasshopper (or Chapulín Amarillo)
Ship type: Diamondback Explorer
Race entry class: Open

Thanks!

Commander name: Birdnose
Ship name: Gravitas Catastrophe
Type: Adder
Entry class: Open snickers

Having survived the Black Riband run, I'll be torturing my Adder again with this one. My scouting trips have already left dents and purple paint smears on a few stations and outposts along the way.

Intent to race:

Forum user name: Stern Winter
Commander name (i.e. your in-game name): Stern Winter
Ship name: "Yellow Snow"
Ship type: Hauler
Race entry class (open play, solo or private group): Open
Bonus Snickers Entry (Yes/No): No.
Refuel method (Station or Limpets): Station

Race Intent: #1.

Ship: Hauler
Name: The Mini Enigma

Race Intent: #2.

Ship: Orca
Name: Plays With Food
In both cases, I failed to specify that I'll be bringing Snickers. I wasn't sure if that is useful for the declaration of intent.

After some deliberation I've decided to use The Wedding Anniversary (the Asp I flew on my Sagittarius A* run). Luckily she was parked up at Galileo, right where I left her ...

BEANJp6.png

Managed two runs this morning (one in each direction). Amazingly they were within 21 seconds of each other. I have a feeling the times in this race are going to be close.

Anyway, submitting today's times shortly.

I was doing the scouting run for my Orca, and just realized...there are 3 classes for this race, not 4. Regulars, Crazies, and Snickers. Is that right? When running Snickers, the number of limpets carried balances out all ships.

If that's the case, then Plays With Food will run Snickers, The Mini Enigma will run Regulars, and I'll declare a non-Snicker's Crazies entry later.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

After some deliberation I've decided to use The Wedding Anniversary (the Asp I flew on my Sagittarius A* run). Luckily she was parked up at Galileo, right where I left her ...

I'm CMDR JAK, and I approve of this parking job.

Another quick question...when taking a screen cap of limpet acquisition, is it okay if we take it from the Munitions screen, which happens to also show a timestamp? Like so?
limpets_in_munitions.png

Another quick question...when taking a screen cap of limpet acquisition, is it okay if we take it from the Munitions screen, which happens to also show a timestamp? Like so?

That will be OK as really this is all based on trust anyway ;)

I'll take photos of either screen as evidence.

Also, it seems there may be a large difference between Open and Solo in time taken to drop to stations. If I see entries from Solo then I may have to double up the podiums for Open and Solo/Private Group versions.

Finally, I didn't get any first day entries, hence no board yet...I'll get one up as soon as some of you send in some times :)

That will be OK as really this is all based on trust anyway ;)

I'll take photos of either screen as evidence.

Also, it seems there may be a large difference between Open and Solo in time taken to drop to stations. If I see entries from Solo then I may have to double up the podiums for Open and Solo/Private Group versions.

Finally, I didn't get any first day entries, hence no board yet...I'll get one up as soon as some of you send in some times :)
Cool, thanks. I figure that we'll already be on that screen anyway, and I'd be shocked if anyone buys their limpets sooner than absolutely necessary. I suppose it might be possible to find a route where it doesn't matter if you bought your limpets before the race started, but it's honestly meaningless when you consider that the limpets can easily be bought in the time it takes to re-orient the ship for takeoff.

Yep, exactly right. The intent of the 'no extra fuel tanks' was to avoid CMDRs simply adding extra fuel so there was no need to stop for fuel on the route.

Another question mw_ .... If we run multiple times... the snickers/limpets will be added? (or we just want the best time with snickers?).
Thanks for your time! & Regards.

Another question mw_ .... If we run multiple times... the snickers/limpets will be added? (or we just want the best time with snickers?).
Thanks for your time! & Regards.

I'll keep score of total limpets delivered but only keep your fastest time for that ship on the board - so you could have 4 different entries in 4 ships on the board. Hopefully this will make sense when I get some entries to go on the board...hint, hint everyone ;)

I'll keep score of total limpets delivered but only keep your fastest time for that ship on the board - so you could have 4 different entries in 4 ships on the board. Hopefully this will make sense when I get some entries to go on the board...hint, hint everyone ;)

You should have entries soon, I can see four of us on the course at the moment :).

EDIT: Of course, straight after I say that, I get kicked out with a transaction server error!

Last edited:

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Stating my intent to race. Going to dip my toes in with a non snickers run first of all and then maybe decide if I should drag out the Eagle...

Cmdr: Ozric
Ship name: Isil
Ship type: Asp Explorer
Race entry class: Open play
Bonus Snickers Entry: No

user name :- Robinjb
CMDR name :- Kliggson
Ship name :- Alan
Ship type :- DBX
Race entry class :- open
Bonus Snickers Entry :- No
Refuel method :- Station
CMDR Refuel method : marmite and humus toast

Have been racing against Furrycat and its been great fun.. though ive been interdicted a few times which wasn't so much.
Curse you pirates of tepech!
ill send my submission in to you Rusti, hooke to ocampo.. but its quicker going the other way. ill keep working on it, good to see Sam and Stern out there on the course too.

oh I should probably mention, anyone having long transisitons to stations.. try lowering your graphics.. it helped for me. for a while I thought it was an open / solo thing.. but for me. lower graphics mean 1 or 2 secs to get to station as appose to on ultra settings which I usually have on .. station instance takes 15 seconds to load.. freaky..think how much better my previous times could have been if id known that. the kessel had flippin 13 stops. that's like 2 minutes I could have saved. ridiculous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom