Community Event / Creation Buckyball Racing Club presents: Warm Up Race 01 'The Pleiades Hip Hop'. 1st-9th August 15.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Ok so ive double checked the submissions from Sunday, I'd like to thank Drakhyr for taking over.
Heres the final board, just one change, a nippy run from CMDR Cheetah in 21:18 puts him in 4th place.

brcwur01_board_Fin.jpg

Congratulations to the Open winner CMDR Turambar, great runs, shame you didn't get shots for your 19.16 run.
and im sorry we didn't get to see what the conda can really do on this course.. It should have beaten the asp,
I may grind one up and give it a go posthumously.
I'd like to thank Raiko for my solo win as I was just going to lump everyone in together but he wanted solo because of .. erm.. im not sure now..
didn't you have a ship you only ran in solo? could have been busy with your bootlegger race.. so fair dues.. I benefitted from it ;)

Well it got pretty close at the end, I'm really pleased you guys appeared to have a good time racing. 19 entrants is great. when I was expecting 5 or 6. so thanks.
especially to the CMDR's that came back from there sadge runs to compete, Rusticulous and Cheetah, Rusti you came very close mate,
and Drakhyr was right that's a very wonky final shot on your 19.44 run.. but its a goody.

Just to let you know that my fast time I submitted to Drakhyr to check so that you guys can be sure I haven't just made up my numbers. the BRC is straight.
and thanks again to him for taking over the last day from me.
the way ive worded the drinks orders.. my sidey time of 30 mins is just in on an evil juice shandy. the scooping with the sidey is painfully slow im not sure I could have improved upon that time.
CMDR lightspeeds passengers have hopefully bought everyone a drink before they head back off on there crazy hip hopper trip.
you can read about here https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=165697&highlight=hip+hopper

In proposing these warm ups to the Club I wanted to recapture some of the spirit of the quicker buckyball races from earlier in the year.. I definitely got my fix , I hope you did.
maybe this one was a bit more jumpy plotty than piloty.. and I hope future races will be more piloty, for those that weren't into this one.
and ultimate thanks and a beer go to Ez for the inspiration and doing the BBR's sorry hes got a bit disillusioned with what FDev are doing
in my mind they should hire him or reward him in some way. for getting off his ass and doing something about content within the framework of this MMO instead of complaining ,
even if it is justifiable, id rather just have some more races as its a good break from the routine.
Thank you Buckyballers for taking part and good speed. see you at the next BRC race.

Ill leave the thread open for a few days if you guys want to give any feedback or whatnot. then ill have it closed.

Last edited:
I can't rep you again yet, but thanks for running this race. It was great to have something to do that didn't require 9-10 hours each way! ;)

I'd like to thank Raiko for my solo win as I was just going to lump everyone in together but he wanted solo because of .. erm.. im not sure now..
didn't you have a ship you only ran in solo? could have been busy with your bootlegger race.. so fair dues.. I benefitted from it ;)
You're welcome. :)

It's actually that I've promised myself that I'll always enter the open-mode race in The Nomad, even if it's a rubbish choice for the race (like at BBR-7), because roleplay-wise that's my ship. So for any race where an Asp is a poor choice, I'll enter a 'better' ship in solo. :cool:

I'll make an exception for the Sag A* Challenge if I can ever afford a Conda.

Thanks Kliggson for a great race, really enjoyed it (even the last couple of runs in Black Star when I either got an obscured target or I missed the planet's gravity well on the SC back). I had great fun cooking the diamondback too. Its better acceleration makes me think it could have been quicker than the Asp if I had time (and a clearer head) to get a 8+6+8 run (I ran 8+6+9).

It was nice to see some of you at HIP 29312 as well :)

For those of you who have run out of drying paint to watch, here is a very quick edit of my DBX run:

[video=youtube;xBJ7RR4bAK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBJ7RR4bAK8[/video]

You can see how much faster it could have been ;)

Last edited:
For those of you who have run out of drying paint to watch, here is a very quick edit of my DBX run:

You can see how much faster it could have been ;)

Hmmm, I know that our style of racing requires a strong willingness to ignore the heat warning klaxon, but that really was at the extreme end. Not so much Racer X as Toaster X, or possibly Sauna X :D.

Robinjb, just wanted to echo Raiko's thanks for a really enjoyable race and something fun and non-grindy to do which doesn't involve waiting for people to run out of fuel.

And rusticolus ... am saving your video for my morning coffee.

I can't out anymore rep but I'd like to thank you for this race. I love the snappy short ones. And the long ones for that matter

I'd like to thank RobinJB for a thoroughly enjoyable race. I never got around to participating in any of the regular Buckyball races, but this was great fun.

Also thanks to Drakhyr for maintaining the BBRC site.

thanks guys, ill have this closed now, thanks for the vid rusti ill ask Drakhyr about putting it on the site somewhere.
Cheers.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom