Bug: animals not moving.

I was just playing the game and suddenly I noticed that all my animals weren't moving. I tried to delocate them but that didn't help. I opened a previous version of that zoo, but again all animals stood still. I opened the tutorial mode, were the same thing happened.
In conclusion, ALL animals in my entire game can't move anymore.

After some more time spend on the game (and discovering what the bug really is), some of the above (and below) observations (may) have changed, look futher down below to see the most up to date descriptions of the bug.

Last edited:

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
I was just playing the game and suddenly I noticed that all my animals weren't moving. I tried to delocate them but that didn't help. I opened a previous version of that zoo, but again all animals stood still. I opened the tutorial mode, were the same thing happened.
In conclusion, ALL animals in my entire game can't move anymore.
Hey, just to clarify: have you made an Issue Tracker report on this? And is this after downloading Update 1.2 today?

This occurred 5 days before the update, back then I thought it was a problem only to that savegame. And i was hoping it would get fixed by 1.2.
I wil make a report and thanks for the fast reply.

It seems that it applies to the habitat and not just the animals. Staff in habitats are also not able to move, and there are a lot of messages saying that staff members can't acces habitat features (like food trays, water etc.)

Animals and staff can still perform animations however, they just don't move.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
It seems that it applies to the habitat and not just the animals. Staff in habitats are also not able to move, and there are a lot of messages saying that staff members can't acces habitat features (like food trays, water etc.)

Animals and staff can still perform animations however, they just don't move.
Can you link me to your Issue Tracker report, please?

When going into the heatmap and looking at the 'traversable area' tab, it seems te game is not able to calculate this. Looking at terrain tab of the animals, the terrain keeps calculating.

I've had this issue as well, but usually I can just save and close the game then open again and everything resumes. Sometimes they will resume walking all by themselves after quite a while. It's really hit or miss.

I haven't encountered the problem again yet, but I used to get it pretty often. Moving the animal to a different spot in the enclosure would fix it

I've had this issue as well, but usually I can just save and close the game then open again and everything resumes. Sometimes they will resume walking all by themselves after quite a while. It's really hit or miss.
Like I mentioned before
When going into the heatmap and looking at the 'traversable area' tab, it seems te game is not able to calculate this. Looking at terrain tab of the animals, the terrain keeps calculating.
It seems to be calculating, so it might depend on te size of your zoo. When I start a new zoo, this doesn't happen or if I open a small zoo it just takes a minute to calculate (which is still to long). I think update 1.2 might have made these calculations heavier, since I got this problem before the update and only after the update I saw other people getting it. So waiting a while might solve it, but for big zoos it seems to take just to long for people to wait on it.

Last edited:
I haven't encountered the problem again yet, but I used to get it pretty often. Moving the animal to a different spot in the enclosure would fix it
I think it might be a different issue, since I can not move any animal or staff in my habitats. The only thing I can do is move my animals to the trade center. But when placing them back, they just remain at the gate, not moving like all the other animals.
Boxing and unboxing doesn't work either, since animals whitch are boxed will remain boxed.

I think it might be a different issue, since I can not move any animal or staff in my habitats. The only thing I can do is move my animals to the trade center.
Yeah that sounds like a different (but similar) bug. You should be able to move animals within the enclosure

There is no real fix yet, but you should be able to solve it: "load up Planet Zoo and leave it on pause, and allow the navigable area to generate. You'll only need to do this once, the game will remember the navigable area on your next save." I can confirm that it works :)

Thank you frontier!

Last edited:
Top Bottom