Bug Report - game hangs when looking at System Map - every time

I cant find the bug reports section, only archives. This new forum layout, a nice as it is, is making it confusing to report bugs so I hope some MOD can see this and look into it. Its been happening for a couple of months now (since last update).

I am returning from DW2, am in the TRUECHOU OE-H C10-15 system at the moment. Every time I get to a new system, I go to check the system map - this ONLY happens once when playing the game and happens everytime the FIRST time I check the system map - the game just hangs. I close the game, I re-run the game, do the system map thing and its fine - but its annoying as hell as I know Im going to have to reboot the game every time I run it.

Please fix this - its doing my head in. and thanks for not giving me my hull back when the ships computer crashes (with shields) on a low-gravity planet when I call it from my SRV. Im hobbling home on 20% hull and have a good 50,000 LY to go. It makes me scared to go out of range of the srv in case it does it again. If I lose all my discoveries because of a ship computer landing bug, I think I'll call it a day with the game, as much as I love it. Please sort it out.

A 35 year Elite Fan (not my age - how long I have BEEN a fan of Elite). Ta.

there are several people, who experience freezes/crashes.
To fix those issues, we need more specific information.

• When does the game freeze? What happened before?
  • What are your system specs?
  • Logs!

there are several people, who experience freezes/crashes.
To fix those issues, we need more specific information.

• When does the game freeze? What happened before?
  • What are your system specs?
  • Logs!
Well, system specs will depend in whether it's a standard PS4, a Slim or Pro, but I'm pretty sure there's not going to be enough difference to matter. As for logs, it might help the OP to explain how to get these. I don't know myself, but then it's not something I've had much cause to look into since ED is the only game I play on the PS4 that I have persistent crashes with.

I only get this bug maybe 1 in 4, immediately after using the fss scanner. Anaconda only so far. I get the impression that perhaps I am rushing the software, but this is only an impression.
  • Full system scan using fss
  • Call up system page.
  • Hangs loading screen with twirling icon continuing. Never stops loading.
  • 1 in maybe 4 attempts.
  • Close game restart game. Everything fine.

I only get this bug maybe 1 in 4, immediately after using the fss scanner. Anaconda only so far. I get the impression that perhaps I am rushing the software, but this is only an impression.
  • Full system scan using fss
  • Call up system page.
  • Hangs loading screen with twirling icon continuing. Never stops loading.
  • 1 in maybe 4 attempts.
  • Close game restart game. Everything fine.
I have realised i may have misled the devs. My post was for my second character that I created recently. Not this character, Bizzymate, which was created some time ago. My older character has not had this problem.
Sorry about that...

Top Bottom