• Good news Guest, we've updated our reporting system to make it easier for you to report issues to us!

Head over to https://issues.frontierstore.net/ to report, vote, and give feedback on the issues that matter most to you!

Bugged coaster ratings

Severity
Severe

Frequency
Most of the time

Area of Game Affected
Coasters

Description
Built a coaster, excitement is almost always over 7 with many 10+ and few 12+ places, fear is never higher than 7.3 and almost entire ride is at 4-6 an boom: final rating is 5.7 for exci and 8 for fear.

Sirously, devs, what the ❤❤❤❤︎ wrong with your math?

Your game only looks good, but as for excitement — its 5.7 out of 10.
You should be ashamed to charge this much for it.

Steps to Reproduce
Build anything interesting, get ❤❤❤❤❤❤︎ ratings.
Or you can just try this one:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=814592877

Wow, did you actually look at the G force heat map? At nearly 7 Vertical Gs on your last loop, even a fighter pilot with an advanced flight suit could have problems preventing passing out.

Takes less than 2 minutes to fix the coaster to excitement of 6.8 and all green stats.

Literally, I didn't make a trial run of this vidoe, I just recorded it as it happens.

[video=youtube_share;1f4UqrHsIj8]https://youtu.be/1f4UqrHsIj8[/video]

You might want to fix your workshop item before someone reports it for having profanity when downloaded. That kind of thing never works out well.

That was nice of you, Narad. :) Good example!
Thanks, unfortunately, you give me too much credit. I did it because I am tired of the over exaggerated problems being reported and railed on again and again in the forums here and on steam. I am ashamed this was not an act of kindness. Rather an effort shame the OP into being more civil next time he is having some issues getting something to work.

There's some really helpful people on the forums and they tend to get abused as fanboys that are blind to the flaws. I am not blind to the flaws, but I see the developer fixing them and this one does not need fixing. Tweak the heat map to show the max values? perhaps, but to nerf the game into something that doesn't take any practice or effort will be game breaking.

Thanks, unfortunately, you give me too much credit. I did it because I am tired of the over exaggerated problems being reported and railed on again and again in the forums here and on steam. I am ashamed this was not an act of kindness. Rather an effort shame the OP into being more civil next time he is having some issues getting something to work.

There's some really helpful people on the forums and they tend to get abused as fanboys that are blind to the flaws. I am not blind to the flaws, but I see the developer fixing them and this one does not need fixing. Tweak the heat map to show the max values? perhaps, but to nerf the game into something that doesn't take any practice or effort will be game breaking.
Well, yeah... but... Internet. :D

QA-Mitch

Frontier QA Team
Staff member
Hey everyone,

Can you please let me know if this continues to be an issue for you after the next patch 1.1.

Tried current version, now it shows some G overloads for me.

Somehow this ratings still fail to make any sense, so I demand some official explanation for the formulas. Cause it is just impossible to figure if it is something wrong with the design or with game.

From looking at your video, it looks like it may be the drop, so I'ma go ahead and download this.
Edit: nevermind, the url doesn't work.

Last edited:
Tried current version, now it shows some G overloads for me.

Somehow this ratings still fail to make any sense, so I demand some official explanation for the formulas. Cause it is just impossible to figure if it is something wrong with the design or with game.
I hestitated to write this, but perhaps you don't understand how your posts come across. I found your initial post to be arrogant and rude. Now you "Demand" an official explanation? The arrogance that comes through is astonishing. I assume it's just frustration and you are a generally nice person.

I understand the frustration, I struggled for a while. But instead of lashing out at the developer, I downloaded a few casters from the workshop that had high excitement and all green stats. I studied them and experimented quite a bit on my own. I also asked a couple of questions to others when I didn't understand things. Now I have a better idea what works and doesn't. The game is neither right nor wrong, and you are welcome to express that you think it should be different, but please retract the claws and leave open the possibility that perhaps they purposely programmed it to be a bit of a challenge.

Example of how to express your issue without the claws: "Hey, I don't understand how the track shows decent numbers on the heat map but still get's super high fear and low excitement. Anyone got any pointers or can explain how the this happens, because it isn't making sense to me. Is this a bug? See link for coaster"

Developers are humans too.

Last edited:
Yup. I officially sorry for my rudeness.
I used to live in Russia for too long.
I moved to more peaceful and welcoming country since then and now I feel better.
What I meant to say is that game such as this, for it to be in 2016, absolutely require some sort of in-game explanation of its math formulas.
I believe I should post a post about this requirement to the section of feature requests on this forums.
I'll write an article on this issue and post it some day later.
I also want to write a positive review and publish it to mass media, but for now game have few major flaws for my opinion to be undoubtfully positive, so I'll wait and see how's development and support will do.

Yup. I officially sorry for my rudeness.
What I meant to say is that game such as this, for it to be in 2016, absolutely require some sort of in-game explanation of its math formulas.
I'm sure most of the people wouldn't understand them.