Bunch of trophy unlocking, despite not meeting the requirement

Hello PS4 CMDRs,

I had a strange issue, and wonder if I’m the only one encountering them.

So this morning I start ED on a PS4 Pro and get a bunch of notification for trophies unlock:
  • Super Market Sweep
  • Market Diversity
  • Center of the Galaxy
  • What did you do
  • Black Market
It would be nice, if only I had done the required steps to unlock this trophies…

You see my CMDR is still quite new:
  • has yet to leave the Bubble, so I have yet to visit Sagittarius A* => Center of the Galaxy
  • has yet to get a bounty or a fine (cf. this picture ), so getting a trophy for 100k bounty on my head o_O => What did you do
  • has yet to do any smuggling (cf. this picture ) => Black Market
  • has only dealt with 14 markets => Super Market Sweep and Market Diversity
Has something similar happened to anybody ?

Yep, same thing happened to me, twice in this game and ever so often in other games, getting trophies i didn't deserve
(On the flipside, it's annoying when trophies don't unlock when you know you've done everything you have to, to make them unlock :) .)

In particular, i had the Sagittarius A and one or two more unlock when loading up the game after installing the last big patch.

It's just a quirk of how trophies are coded, though in my experience, it's slightly more likely to happen in this game than in others :) .

Now that you telling it. It's true I had just installed a system update on the console.
Did you get these trophies removed, or do you just have to live with it ?

I'm pretty sure once you unlock a trophy, whether you deserved it or not, you're stuck with it as it's tied to your PS profile - likely the only ones that could remove awarded trophies are Sony (if they even can) :) .

(They're separate from any game save or game server data etc.)

Trophies in ED are a bit wonky.

I have a lifetime bounty value of 1300cr with the highest bounty being 500cr, yet I have both the Wanted Dead or Alive (25,000cr) and What Did You Do? (100,000cr) trophies. And it would take too long to list out the trophies that I had finished the requirements for months before they popped up as completed (looking at you A Real Team Player). It looks like they finally fixed Squad Goals this past Tuesday despite being in a squadron since the beginning of the year.

Top Bottom