Burn off thargoid corrosives.

Yes. Initially this was the only counter to caustic goo (besides docking). Later decontamination limpets were added.

Last edited:
Just take care, it doesn't work against the corrosive cloud from a dead thargoid, as that kills you off faster then you can heat up usually.

Did anyone know this is a thing.

Yes, people discovered pretty quickly that heating the ship to the threshold of hull damage would remove the effect.

Just take care, it doesn't work against the corrosive cloud from a dead thargoid, as that kills you off faster then you can heat up usually.

Did they change this recently? I haven't done much Thargoid hunting but the few times I've ignored this cloud, to try to grab stuff, my ships (other than SLFs) have survived.

Yes, people discovered pretty quickly that heating the ship to the threshold of hull damage would remove the effect.

Did they change this recently? I haven't done much Thargoid hunting but the few times I've ignored this cloud, to try to grab stuff, my ships (other than SLFs) have survived.
Hmm, I lost a reactive Cutter in january, maybe they changed it after that.

Inside the cloud neither heating up or limpets will help as you get right away corrosive damage again. At least that was the result from my experiments a while back.

No idea, 4000+ or so. reactive hull G5 HD with several G5 HD HRPs.
No paper build and it still went down like one...

I was within it though, for scooping the heart.
Take military instead of reactive. More HP.
To instantly remove any caustic, get your heat to 250%.

The heart is the most corrosive. You need special cargo racks.
There is the 5-5 rule. Stay out 5km and wait till the mats are <50%
Then scoop the heart.

Top Bottom