Elite / Frontier C64 Elite emulated on Frodo

Hi Everyone.

In anticipation of Elite Dangerous I've started re-playing the C64 version of Elite on the Frodo emulator on my Mac and have got to the point of buying the energy bomb. The problem is I cannot for the life of me find a way to release it. The manual I have says it's on the C= (commodore key), but I cannot find that anywhere (I've pressed everything on that damned keyboard to brute force it but to no avail.)

Has anyone here played it (or any game that uses the C= key) on the Frodo emulator on their Mac who might be able to help?

Cheers,
Teo

The commodore key for Vice is Left CTRL.....Im assuming the keyboard is mapped out pretty much the same for both emulators

Hi Synchromesh.

Unfortunately the keyboards for Power64 and Vice don't seem to match Frodo's nor do the shortcuts (eg. to get back from a run/stop with a restore P64 suggests cmd R which on Frodo just resets the emulator)

I'd simply switch to one of those other emulators if it wasn't for the fact that I've invested quite a lot of time in my current Frodo game and have no way of importing it to the other emulators (I've been freezing and defrosting game states as the in-game save doesn't seem to work either).

Thanks anyway for your interest.

:)
Teo

Resolved

I figured it out and figured I'd post the answer here for future reference as I couldn't find it anywhere else.

To trigger the Energy Bomb in the Classic Elite C64 emulated on a Mac running Frodo on an Apple Bluetooth keyboard you have to press fn and delete.

Teo

I have just downloaded the RAR file for this and got it working. The first time I ever to play the C64 version of Elite since I had to stop playing the actual C64 version that I owned back in late 80's - early 90's.

Anyway, after eventually working which buttons were used for Pitch, Roll, Fire Fore-Mounted Pulse Laser, Decrease Speed, Arming Missile or Targeting Missile and going Witch-Space/Hyper-Space.

I need to know which button to press to fire the Armed/Targeted Missile?

I need to know which button to press to use Throttle or Increase Speed?

This would be a huge help if you could tell me.

I have just downloaded the RAR file for this and got it working. The first time I ever to play the C64 version of Elite since I had to stop playing the actual C64 version that I owned back in late 80's - early 90's.

Anyway, after eventually working which buttons were used for Pitch, Roll, Fire Fore-Mounted Pulse Laser, Decrease Speed, Arming Missile or Targeting Missile and going Witch-Space/Hyper-Space.

I need to know which button to press to fire the Armed/Targeted Missile?

I need to know which button to press to use Throttle or Increase Speed?

This would be a huge help if you could tell me.

I just googled "C64 Elite manual" and it's there on the first hit Commander Mick.

I just googled "C64 Elite manual" and it's there on the first hit Commander Mick.

Ah yes, well I do know what buttons to press from the original C64 version.

M fires the missile.

And either W or + to increase speed.

But these don't work in this emulation, so I think that manual would be quite useless.

Ah yes, well I do know what buttons to press from the original C64 version.

M fires the missile.

And either W or + to increase speed.

But these don't work in this emulation, so I think that manual would be quite useless.

Gotcha. Well I tried the same emulator and the same keys that are on the manual worked so I don't know what to say Mick. I always used T to arm U to unarm and M to fire.

They should be the same, all Synchromesh did was package them together. You can check the frodo settings though.

Generally I use C64 Forever (www.c64forever.com) and load and configure it manually.

I can download synchromesh's version and check.

the space bar and ? does velocity. X and S is for climb and dive just like on page 17 of the C64 manual.

[EDIT] Hmmm this is interesting. The one I had downloaded previously from that site uses Win Vice. Maybe Synchromesh changed it, I'll redownload it.

[EDIT 2]Ok it *is* the same one and it uses Win Vice. Not sure why you thought it was Frodo Mick. I downloaded the exact one you did. I ran it, tried the keys they all work identically to the C64 manual as I wrote above. Also not sure where you got W and + those keys are not used in the C64 version. Time for you to revisit the manual :)

Top Bottom