Cacharadontosaurus Skull Adjustment

Personally i hate the carchar model needs be little bulky little less than giga and remodel the head like the bbc one and make bigger his head :(

While I can certainly understand why some people might not like Frontier's design for the Carchar (and a few other dinos), I think their design choice is intentional. I think they deliberately exaggerate/modify/create features of a given dino to make it stand out against other dinos in the game. Even if it makes it less accurate than its real-life counterpart, it still brings a higher degree of visual diversity. Fictionial game aside, its why the Deinonychus has the fin - to help stand apart from Velociraptor (sure, an invented feature.. but then again, so is the frill/venom spit for the Dilo), or why Alberto and Allo have extremely pronounced crests, to name a few other examples.

While I can certainly understand why some people might not like Frontier's design for the Carchar (and a few other dinos), I think their design choice is intentional. I think they deliberately exaggerate/modify/create features of a given dino to make it stand out against other dinos in the game. Even if it makes it less accurate than its real-life counterpart, it still brings a higher degree of visual diversity. Fictionial game aside, its why the Deinonychus has the fin - to help stand apart from Velociraptor (sure, an invented feature.. but then again, so is the frill/venom spit for the Dilo), or why Alberto and Allo have extremely pronounced crests, to name a few other examples.
But if you compare the actual fossil of the deinonichus whit the JWE version they are the same thing. the crest, in
my point of view it is not necessary but looks fine, but in case of carchar the skull. The upper part of the maxilar fenestra its so much diferrent than the actual skull of the animal, it has a concavity but should be a convexity. And i guess it should be a little bigger (the head) and the body bulkier

But if you compare the actual fossil of the deinonichus whit the JWE version they are the same thing. the crest, in
my point of view it is not necessary but looks fine, but in case of carchar the skull. The upper part of the maxilar fenestra its so much diferrent than the actual skull of the animal, it has a concavity but should be a convexity. And i guess it should be a little bigger (the head) and the body bulkier
As far as the carchar skull goes, the biggest difference i think is mainly the length of the jwe carchar head vs a real skull. Everything else looks like subtle differences to me, which I did a little photoshopping to compare the two. Aside from the length, shape-wise they really are quite similar. That said, I do prefer the look of the more accurate one, but the JWE version doesn't bother me as much as it does for others.

The original image of the carchar skull:

As far as the carchar skull goes, the biggest difference i think is mainly the length of the jwe carchar head vs a real skull. Everything else looks like subtle differences to me, which I did a little photoshopping to compare the two. Aside from the length, shape-wise they really are quite similar. That said, I do prefer the look of the more accurate one, but the JWE version doesn't bother me as much as it does for others.
View attachment 135316
View attachment 135317
Clearly i can see some changes to the position of the eye you move down the eye and add more scales arround the eye. Looks so much better but if you just put the JWE skull over the carchar skull whitout make changes they looks diferent. Whit that little changen to the position of the eye the problem its fixed frontier. Little bulkier and bigger the head and ready we have a beatifull carchar

Last edited:
Clearly i can see some changes to the position of the eye you move down the eye and add more scales arround the eye. Looks so much better but if you just put the JWE skull over the carchar skull whitout make changes they looks diferent. Whit that little changen to the position of the eye the problem its fixed frontier. Little bulkier and bigger the head and ready we have a beatifull carchar
My apologies if I wasn't clear earlier with the comparison pic I posted earlier. The Left one is how the carchar appears in-game and the right one was modified to match the skull of a real carchar. It was done to help show the proportional differences between the two and what it might look like if the jwe carchar had a more accurate head shape. I found that when i was making it, the jwe carchar's head was way too short and i had to stretch the image to get it to fit over the skull image as well as move the eye, but most of the other differences were just slight adjustments to make it match.

My apologies if I wasn't clear earlier with the comparison pic I posted earlier. The Left one is how the carchar appears in-game and the right one was modified to match the skull of a real carchar. It was done to help show the proportional differences between the two and what it might look like if the jwe carchar had a more accurate head shape. I found that when i was making it, the jwe carchar's head was way too short and i had to stretch the image to get it to fit over the skull image as well as move the eye, but most of the other differences were just slight adjustments to make it match.
Your adjust is awesome if frontier do that will be a complete succes

View attachment 135316
View attachment 135317
I would like to point out that in your edited image you've cropped the lower jaw to perfectly fit the shape of the bone. This is incorrect as this is not what it would look like in real life. There are muscles on the lower back of the jaw that makes it fatter. Besides broken wrists, this is probably the most common mistake people make when reconstructing a dinosaur. The JWE actually has the muscles on the lower jaw pretty accurate. So the lower jaw on the JWE model is fine as it is.
Besides some very subtle differences, the only real issue is the ridge in front of the eyes above the antorbital fenestra to give it a bit more of that bulding triangular shape.

Top Bottom