COMPLETED CG Caine Massey Mining Initiative

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
Summary
System: Dulos
Station: Smith Port (Ocellus Starport, large pads available, 37 Ls from main star, 89.45 Ly from Sol)
Objective: Deliver mined Bromellite, Samarium and Gallite
Time limit: 20th January 3308 @ 06:00 UTC

Description
Caine Massey and Torval Mining Ltd are running rival campaigns to deliver mined commodities to the Dulos system.
For the past decade, the megacorp Caine Massey has supplied ore and other raw materials to several subsidiaries in the region. But with the contract up for renewal, Torval Mining Ltd is making a bid for the lucrative business.
Caine Massey published a request from its vice president, Johann Fleischer:
The citizens within this region deserve a high standard of service, and we aim to continue meeting their needs. The Green Party of Dulos, acting on our behalf, shall offer generous rewards for shipments of mined bromellite, samarium and gallite delivered to Smith Port in the Dulos system.
The corporate distributors within the region have agreed that whichever candidate is able to provide the greatest amount of materials will be awarded the contract for the next decade.
Should Caine Massey be successful, an initial 10% price reduction will be applied to all mining modules offered at Smith Port. A further 5% reduction will be applied per tier reached. This discount will be available for two weeks.
The two factions have set out seven day campaigns, which will end early on Thursday 20th January 3308. If one faction meets its objectives earlier than planned, the initiatives will end immediately.
To be eligible for rewards, you must sign up as an active participant before handing in mined Bromellite, Samarium and Gallite to Smith Port in the Dulos system.[/FONT]
Pristine metallic ring finder website: https://edtools.cc/
-Courtesy of CMDR VicTic

Notes:
  • Smith Port is orbiting the planet Dulos 4
  • Station services: Commodities Market, Black Market, Shipyard, Outfitting, Repair, Restock, RefuelSocial Space
  • Prices at Smith Port:
    • Bromellite: 60,848 Cr/T
    • Samarium: 51,704 Cr/T
    • Gallite: 23,830 Cr/T
Latest status
Last updated: 20 January @ 06:00 UTC -finished

Current Progress:
Current Participation Rewards:
Global Progress: 388,918 tonnes delivered (Tier 5 target: 1.6M tonnes)
Contributors: 1,341
Reward Tier: 2/5
Global Reward: 20% discount (initial 10% + 5% per tier reached) on mining modules for two weeks.
Top 10 CMDRs: 64,000,000 CR
Top 10%: 40,000,000 CR
Top 25%: 24,000,000 CR
Top 50%: 16,000,000 CR
Top 75%: 4,000,000 CR
Top 100%: 400,000 CR

CG threshold tracking
Inara (https://inara.cz/galaxy-communitygoals/) tracks overall progress, your contributions and estimates tier boundaries.

Journal data (used to track progress) can be submitted via various third party tools or by direct journal imports on Inara. For more details see https://inara.cz/inara-api/.

New &/or have questions about the Community Goals? Check out the Community Goal Guide ... click here

Last edited by a moderator:
All three, Bromellite, Samarium and Gallite, are currently on my ignore list :)

I guess I can test out a mining Python build my Alt just bought. ;)

Well if the last CG had over 15k Participants, I'm guessing this one is likely gonna have less than 2000...
Almost all miners are not gonna care as the payout is too low, and the lack of hotspots for those mats is making the ton/h very low and not very fun, they probably also don't care about the mining equipment discount as they are already equipped to mine and they're already rich.
If this is to have New players try mining then having them mine something without hotspots and low yield is surely going to make them think mining is hard and long and boring...and they'll never want to do it again. Plus you need to equip yourself to to participate in the CG, so the reward is for who? the New players that didn't participate in the CG but then decide to try mining in the 2 weeks after the CG?
Unless the reward at tier 5 for the top 10% is over a billion, which I doubt, then I don't see why anyone other than RPers would contribute :(

Ton per hour will be around >300 tons as there are hotdpots for bromelite and there are Haz res in bromelite hot spots...
There are also Pre mapped mining maps for PC which will get it up to >600 per hour...
Screenshot_20220113_160503.png

Last edited:
I never paid a lot attention to gallite. There are no gallite hotspots. Is it faster or slower to mine than Bromellite in a regular non-overlapping hotspot?

I never paid a lot attention to gallite. There are no gallite hotspots. Is it faster or slower to mine than Bromellite in a regular non-overlapping hotspot?
Hotspot greatly increase the booby prize bromelite generation in laser mining over non hotspot items even more now that LTD generation was reduced and replaced with other items... go bromy laser mining its faster...
Its a failure to find VO and LTD cores booby prize as well when core mining, so you can even find them in cores when laser mining, but it slows it down greatly doing cores..
Single hot spot centre gives greater return than traveling to the edge to get into an over lap any way... you need 3 over laps to be better than a single hotspot centre...
Edit Argh Male cow poo just seen this fed side... boo to late now.

Aha, got rich enough for my new FC using laser/core mining Platinum and Osmium. So as long as I can store stuff mined on my own FC and then take all to sell for CG, I will do it and un-ignore the Gallite, Samarium and Bromellite. I use Pristine Metallic rings and will get Gallite and Samarium on the side IIRC.
Storing Plat for a future sell of 290,000Cr/T plat is perfectly OK while doing this CG.

Obviously, if I mine these and store in my FC and then take them to sell at CG and they don't count, I will stop immediately. I will try it out first with one load and see.

FD clearly has a crisis of ideas for CG.

Why do miners need a ridiculous discount on equipment they already have?
Why can only one participant receive a supply contract?

No one knows...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom