Call of the wild - A list of pristine metallic rings

I've found a system with 2 worlds both with 2 metal rich rings. One of them is only 200LS from the main star. Unfortunately it's almost 3000LY from Sol!

Hi there Traveller,

try to find metallic rings at planets with pristine reserves or metal rich planets (we might need them for the planet landing update) and wright down the system name and planet name.
Never mind the distance. When you find one at 20000ly from sol it's also important ot know.

Thank you.

List updated, by the way.

Last edited:
A quick question: given the size of planetary rings (usually measured in light seconds), can a Pristine ring be downgraded to a lower content category e.g. Major? If so, what influences the decay and over how long does it take?

This is the kind of planet I mean:
Screenshot_0149.jpg

I know what you mean. But "metal rich" rings are quite common. So I don't list them.
Only metallic.
But metal rich planets( with or without rings) are rare. So I list them too.
If you are confused please tell me. Then I would explain it in more detail.

Bhotho has pristine metallic, sometimes painite, a lot of platinum and palladium. Having no luck in HIP 51652...you mine the inner ring on the first planet? I haven't seen any painite, perhaps it actually matters where in the ring you are...

Deleted member 38366

D
--- Deleted ---

Last edited by a moderator:
Bhotho has pristine metallic, sometimes painite, a lot of platinum and palladium. Having no luck in HIP 51652...you mine the inner ring on the first planet? I haven't seen any painite, perhaps it actually matters where in the ring you are...
Hi. Yes its always the inner ring so far.
If there is platinum and palladium there is also always painite. It is randomly dispersed, so it is just a matter of luck.

Could you tell me the planet number for Bhotho?

Last edited:
I'm inbound after a specifically mining-centric exploring trip. I've got a couple handfuls of systems with pristine metallic rings that I'll be posting as soon as I get my data turned in.

Hi. Yes its always the inner ring so far

Metallics are heavier; they are going to orbit closer in.

OK, here's a dump:
COL 359 SECTOR WX-T C3-12 B Belt
Screenshot_0018.jpg

Swoiwns WT-R C20-9 (1 A Ring) AKA "El Dorado"
Screenshot_0123.jpg
Screenshot_0111.jpg
(mining El Dorado)

Swoiwns JI-S e4-6 (3 A Ring) AKA "La Diamante"
Screenshot_0151.jpg
Screenshot_0155.jpg
Screenshot_0169.jpg

Lesser strikes:
SWOIWNS DF-Z C16-8 (A belt)
SWOIWNS TM-E C14-13 (A belt)
SWOIWNS KY-P D6-8 A (A belt)

Closer to the bubble:
COL 359 Sector CB-O d6-51 (5 A Ring) AKA "Yummy"
COL 359 Sector BC-J B23-1 (A A Belt)
COL 359 Sector PI-J c9-3 (B Belt)
COL 359 Sector HF-F b12-4 (A A Belt)
COL 359 Sector YI-S c4-18 (A A Belt)
COL 359 Sector RA-O B7-2 (B A Belt) (long flight time)

Last edited:
Bhotho AB3 inner ring...some system maps tell what kind it is...in this case my map tells me pristine metallic. Some maps don't say, perhaps it depends on whether or not a detailed surface scan is available?

Swoiwns RE-O d7-1 has a Gasgiant with Metallic Ring - its around 1Klie away from the bubble, found it just when i started looking for Metallic Rings, first and only so far ;)

Most painful mission ever!!!

The challenge is to mine at least one ton of Painite per system I find randomly and nothing else.

Screenshot_0245.jpg
Site 1: HIP 12554 (3), nice and bright location BUTT...

Screenshot_0246.jpg
only worthless junk!

So, I'm wondering if fields are instanced like res sites, or if the location within the field matters...definitely something to figure out someday...

It appears that the fields are randomized when you get into them. The location doesn't really matter. I've sampled the inner edge of a metallic and the outer edge of a metallic -- about 1000km apart -- and they appear to drop more or less the same stuff.

The part I can't wrap my head around is that sometimes when I go to the same ring I get great drops and other times - meh - not so great. So it appears that the entire ring is re-randomized whenever you drop into it.

It appears that the fields are randomized when you get into them. The location doesn't really matter. I've sampled the inner edge of a metallic and the outer edge of a metallic -- about 1000km apart -- and they appear to drop more or less the same stuff.

The part I can't wrap my head around is that sometimes when I go to the same ring I get great drops and other times - meh - not so great. So it appears that the entire ring is re-randomized whenever you drop into it.

When I tried Gorrister's ring and got no painite at all, I thought it might be something like that...

Of course now that I've traded in my Asp miner for a Vulture, I'm too busy being a nightmare walking, king-of-the-jungle :=D:

Yeah, that happens. I am now on a perfect site and no painite until now. But there are also quite a lot of rocks. I'll keep on searching.

Vulture, cool.
Kill some noob hunters for me.

Top Bottom