Call of the wild - A list of pristine metallic rings

ot:
i did "downgrade" to my cobra with blue camo - called her "Melinda, the Ice Tigress" - to do some imperial navy missions - neeeed ze clipper ;) to do some luxurious mining, i mean why should i abstain from comfort when mining if i dont have to? ;)

Last edited:
Ah, I hate my life.
Two days prospecting for painite and no grain found. I fell asleep and nearly ran out out of fuel. That would be embarassing to call the fuel rats to a ring in a system with a scoopable sun.

Hello Miners,

Just thought I'd double check. Is HIP 4005 the nearest Pristine Metallic to the Antal Community Goal?

Thanks

I'm just curious, Benjamin, that time you found painite heaven, I assume it was just the one instance? What did it look like? Did half the rocks have painite, or what was the concentration. I want to experiment with instancing and see if I can find it again, and how many tries, etc...and want to have a realistic sense of what I'm looking for.

It was a quater maybe. But I guess it was a coincidence. Never found a concentration like that again. Not even there.

Last edited:
I'm just curious, Benjamin, that time you found painite heaven, I assume it was just the one instance? What did it look like? Did half the rocks have painite, or what was the concentration. I want to experiment with instancing and see if I can find it again, and how many tries, etc...and want to have a realistic sense of what I'm looking for.
I found a Painite Heaven once. 1st roid had Painite, as did the 3rd, plenty to begin with. Within 20 mins I had 10 Painite, the next 10 took a further hour or so to find, the third 10 took about 4-5 hours. By time I got bored and left, my Conda was nearly out of fuel !

Arrgh,
I needed to kill a pirate while I was scooping painite.
Whats wrong with these guys?
Cant they wait till Im finished?

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Miners,

Just thought I'd double check. Is HIP 4005 the nearest Pristine Metallic to the Antal Community Goal?

Thanks

Yes its the closest I guess.

Mining would be best done in wings then...4 people drop into 4 diff spots in a ring or system...whoever finds the nicest rocks calls the others in...in another thread someone pointed out that each rock will yield its share once to each player, so that also means you get the benefit of 4x faster prospecting in a sense...although all 4 miners would have to stick fairly close together to make the most of that.

I'm in 20 Ophiuchi and there are some pristine metallics around planet 6 (A ring)

Edit: I'm getting some great rocks here. I just found one that was 40% platinum 10% gold. Lots of juicy metal.

Last edited:
anyone got 5t spare platinum? I just lost all 5tons i mined 200ly away in a tedious operation so i could hand in 2 mining missions (i know, foolish of me to accept them). Now with the server issues tonight i had to wait hours to get back and finish the flight home....late a night....concentration gone....got into a little ''heating'' situation at one of the stars....bam when i check my cargo bay in chona,....alls empty. Must have lost it when i was dropped out of sc and overheated to 145%. Cargo hatch was damaged and down to 77%. I have got 6,3 half hours to source 5t platinum. Anyone willing to provide me some, pretty please?

Nevermind....abandoned the missions, sold mining equipment...i am done with this stunt.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't have helped.
No platinum at all.
But at one of my listed sites you could have been able to mine 50 t of platinum in 6,3 hours.

Best regards, Gorrister

I have been mining succesfully with a friend of mine in GCRV 1568, planet AB1 - A ring, pristine reserves, metallic. You can sell at Cernan dock in the same system, but in my experience, LEMBAVA (10.77ly) has med/high demand for most metals and also a lot of mining missions, those really help!

Last edited:
Thank you.
Location added.

I just found the most stupid (NPC)pirate ever.
He fell into a sun while trying to interdict me.
He was never seen again. I kept looking for him because of boredom.
He goes by the name of Marek Powley.
If you see him, be nice. He might be .

Another pirate (may the Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe show mercy to his soul) came along my path. He must have been an infamous fellow, because the law inforcers showed up here at (-30, -589, -110). Since he was gone they scanned me. By whose law I wonder though. The lawless law enforcers. Scary. Might end in police brutality.

Last edited:
Top Bottom