Call to Arms for a Free Colonia

Some minor notes:
January-May 3305: DG2 was an SDC event. Everybody who knows about them will have their own views on SDC or on one member who killed Salome. Start another thread about that.
It's also worth remembering that DG2 was targeting DW2, and the expedition never went to Colonia. The closest it had been was Polo Harbour. I've no idea if any members took time out to head to Colonia, and if they were followed by gankers, but DW2 itself wasn't a Colonia affair.

June 3305: when did DW2 end?
It's kind of an interesting thing: DW2 had an end that stretched over a couple of months. The official end period began in April 21, 2019, and it ended on June 14, 2019: people who arrived at Beagle Point within these (almost) two months had been officially marked as having completed the expedition.

Of course, there was also the matter of where individual Commanders decided to go after having reached BP, as DW2 was a one-way expedition, not one that started in inhabited space and ended in inhabited space. I wonder: has there been an increase in Colonia traffic during the above time? I think that most players went back to the old bubble, but don't have much to support this.

I've no idea if any members took time out to head to Colonia
There was a noticeable spike in regional traffic - especially in the Colonia system itself - as the expedition approached and passed Polo Harbour, but then nothing particularly significant for the rest of 3305.

There has been a general increase during 3306, peaking July-August, but that's presumably mostly not extremely slow returners of DW2.

The more I read here the more I think this thread is a joke. Looking forward to hearing the other side of the story
Here you go:

That should help you. (y)

Last edited:
Question for the group.

The AAA has been attacking literally everything associated with myself and the Reapers. CMDRs regardless of who they are. Systems like Carcosa, Coma, and even Prism are in their sights.

Obviously they believe outlaws are guilty by association. So, if there is a Distant Worlds 3 and members of the AAA participate (especially in leadership as they have in the past)...

...what then?

Have you ever asked yourself if YOU are the reason they are attacking you and EVERYTHING associated with you?

The more I see here the more I am seeing that particular people are arousing passions with the way they behave. If you are truly happy to play the bad guy then you cannot really complain if people hate you. And if you are happy to play the bad guy then you should be happy to have opposition. Meaning, I don't see why you should be upset if people oppose you if your MO is to upset people.

Before FCs Im sure that was a much stronger argument, does it really matter anymore with a weekend trip to the bubble and back with a new fleet all engineered? Is that more important that the real or imagined wrongs that are being accounted for?
The majority of people who buy one of the extra ships are visitors or explorers taking a break. The Alliance ships are selling like hotcakes. Are you telling everybody, go to the bubble for a few days on a SPEAR sponsored carrier to get the ship so you can let of some steam in Colonia?

At some point LR declared war on Colonia Council and a new 'council' was the eventual outcome. Point of a sword negotiations?
LR never declared war on Colonia Council. The Nameless did during the first CG back in 3303 and as we know now Phisto was fighting on the side of Colonia Council at the time. LR wasn't in Colonia until 3305.

Replying to Dilon: it's not that player named faction should have priority, rather it's that coming out of nowhere to revive an otherwise inert NPC faction, to flip a system that a player faction got hold off, all the while everyone is out = bad blood.
I guess you missed the part where you won unfairly (loaded word perhaps but that's the perception I guess). That doesn't make for a strong negotiating position.
Stop with the "while everyone was out" argument. CL76 had 70+ people at that time and LR had around 10-15. No native faction supported CL76 in the subsequent wars over the outposts either and still LR sponsored CL76 to become a member of CEI. I got attacked by CL76 multiple times before I started shooting at them first. Even not that long ago I got pulled by them in my trade ship.

Remind us who raged quit with a sidey back to the bubble, and went to Deciat to destroy noobs?
Is that also your big plan if you lose this war? "Go smash bystanders and spread carnage across Colonia", i.e. annoy the neutral folks you were trying to rally to your cause?
If I only would go by the video posted by SPEAR I would say the same, but I was there and have the 2.5h encounter on video too. What a piece of misinformation that video was. I have to give it to Akuma, he is a master of distorting the truth.
There will be carnage, but like always only in the systems of our opponents. Lot's of targets to choose from and not only in Colonia. We will emulate LPV.

Have you ever asked yourself if YOU are the reason they are attacking you and EVERYTHING associated with you?

The more I see here the more I am seeing that particular people are arousing passions with the way they behave. If you are truly happy to play the bad guy then you cannot really complain if people hate you. And if you are happy to play the bad guy then you should be happy to have opposition. Meaning, I don't see why you should be upset if people oppose you if your MO is to upset people.
I have. It's because of these two reasons:

1) SPEAR and others paint all outlaws with the same giant brush. Apparently all us gankers are part of some giant, toxic cabal looking to ruin everyone's fun.

2) I am a popular yet divisive poster on this forum that called them to the carpet on multiple occassions without apology.

Nothing more.

I think the issue here is the collateral damage being caused. I don't know Phisto very well at all but what I have seen of him in the forums and in the game has been that he welcomes the opposition against him. When it spills over into the affected area and other people associated with him and by extension innocent CMDR's who have moved to Colonia specifically to avoid political strife, I think that's the issue.

I think the issue here is the collateral damage being caused. I don't know Phisto very well at all but what I have seen of him in the forums and in the game has been that he welcomes the opposition against him. When it spills over into the affected area and other people associated with him and by extension innocent CMDR's who have moved to Colonia specifically to avoid political strife, I think that's the issue.
When you look to change things collateral damage is always a risk. I think in the end it will have been worth it.

Also, one minor point I forgot to make in my last post: I'm not a bad guy. I'm an anti-hero.

That's the $64,000 question isn't it?

See if that is true, then what of the group that are doing the attacking? A whole big group like that, motivated to move 22,000ly across the map on a personal vendetta. I imagine if you keep exploring that path, there is a break in the ToS somewhere.

This is why it would appear that certain groups are busy denying that claim, throwing up stories of 'virtual genocide' and other vague things because they cant say, 'actually we're just after ruining one CMDRs game'.

Painted themselves in a corner. A corner a long way from home, no less.

If the truth is as you say it, then who do you think already look like the winners? The ones defending or the ones bent out of shape by one player?

I've learned one thing in life that has stood me in good stead. I can't change what people do in life if I don't like it, all I can do is change my reaction to it.

Some should chew over that. A little self-examination never hurt anyone.

It's roleplay. We're happy to have players hate our characters and the BGS side of the game would be stagnant without opposition and we are all aware of this. I have no doubt that is why members of SPEAR have come up- small scale and hard fought BGS. Nobody has any ill will towards any player (or at least I hope not).

Everyone is playing a game, however it's a game that has finite space and competition for control of systems. No-one is trying to deliberately upset anyone, but competition and rivalry is going to be a part of this. Someone will win, someone will lose and it's human nature to have a reaction to that.

I hope the football team I support wins their next game. I hope our closest rivals lose. In this game I hope we ultimately prevail here. These are not dissimilar.

I didn't rage quit.

You all were sitting outside the station expecting to kill me thousands of times. I took the hilarious option that made you look stupid.

And it was an Eagle. Robardin doesn't sell Sidewinders. All the locals know this.
The "sidey back to the bubble" refers to the well-known option of selecting the sidewinder option on the rebuy screen which puts you back into the bubble.
It was hilarious indeed, but no need to always bent over backwards just to insult the other side ("stupid") or to portray the other side as ignorant ("all the locals know this").

Wonder why people rally against your side? You (and a few others on your side) keep giving them more reasons, more evidence, more narrative to do so.
It seems so easy to fix and step 1 to get into a negotiating phase and yet you just keep doing it... Perhaps, someone should step in and fix these PR issues.

The "sidey back to the bubble" refers to the well-known option of selecting the sidewinder option on the rebuy screen which puts you back into the bubble.
It was hilarious indeed, but no need to always bent over backwards just to insult the other side ("stupid") or to portray the other side as ignorant ("all the locals know this").

Wonder why people rally against your side? You (and a few others on your side) keep giving them more reasons, more evidence, more narrative to do so.
It seems so easy to fix and step 1 to get into a negotiating phase and yet you just keep doing it... Perhaps, someone should step in and fix these PR issues.
We offered to negotiate over every channel available and you turned us down cold.

You are literally attempting to gaslight us.

Top Bottom