Call to Arms for a Free Colonia

It was hilarious indeed, but no need to always bent over backwards just to insult the other side ("stupid") or to portray the other side as ignorant ("all the locals know this").
Perhaps, someone should step in and fix these PR issues.
I can only agree with you , the locals have good a good grasp of folk , I trust you were not hurt by this as you freely aknowledge it here

The "sidey back to the bubble" refers to the well-known option of selecting the sidewinder option on the rebuy screen which puts you back into the bubble.
It was hilarious indeed, but no need to always bent over backwards just to insult the other side ("stupid") or to portray the other side as ignorant ("all the locals know this").

Wonder why people rally against your side? You (and a few others on your side) keep giving them more reasons, more evidence, more narrative to do so.
It seems so easy to fix and step 1 to get into a negotiating phase and yet you just keep doing it... Perhaps, someone should step in and fix these PR issues.
If you turn against the Reapers because of a silly prank on SPEAR then I'm sure we're not all that concerned.

The "sidey back to the bubble" refers to the well-known option of selecting the sidewinder option on the rebuy screen which puts you back into the bubble.

Wonder why people rally against your side? You (and a few others on your side) keep giving them more reasons, more evidence, more narrative to do so.
It seems so easy to fix and step 1 to get into a negotiating phase and yet you just keep doing it... Perhaps, someone should step in and fix these PR issues.
Interesting how you talk about negotiations. Based on what we've already seen, what deal could possibly be struck that would suit both sides and also be enforceable?

I doubt there's anything either side could offer each other right now. Since by your own suggestion, EN will not accept the Nameless in control of Carcosa. Where would you go from there?

If they would, why did the previous agreement fail?

One thing I don't understand yet... if the narrative is "vindicating the poor, poor EN, who were unjustly removed from power in Carcosa" - why didn't SECD chime in to fight full power during the two wars EN recently lost and only throw in their weight in their own war for control? Is your alliance crap? Have you been played by SECD? Was the narrative something entirely different after all? Have people on one side suddenly lost the will to fight? Is all going according to the secret masterplan? Answers at ten. Stay tuned for another episode of Fantasy Island!

Spare Beryllium? We've only got about 50,000 tonnes if the worst happens...
Now that would be a plot twist. It would be interesting to see how carriers would change the logistics. I think it's a 35h round trip for a carrier with filling up.
I still shy away from long range hauling after the Witch Head. It took me almost 2 years to try for Colonia again after my first failed attempt with an 20ly Asp and 1a fuel scoop. I was very green at the time.

All those anti xeno weapons sat round Jaques Station have to see use sometime.
Maybe the people with xeno weapons in Colonia were onto something and I shouldn't have shot them. :unsure:
I think I ask Paul if he want's to come out, now that his servitute is finally over. Never fly a liner which is in the top 2% in Taygeta without insurance money, the Imps bleed you dry.
He's a bug hunter by trade and has a fleet of anti-xeno ships.

Now that would be a plot twist.
Just noting here that we've had extremely recent proof that things other than Thargoids can cause serious station damage - it wouldn't have to be the boring plot twist, either.

At least we do produce Beryllium, and probably enough to fix one station anyway if we were smart about hauling order. The Emergency Power Cells and similar would be the bit that really needed a carrier. Hmm. I should probably do something about that...

Just giving "cashmoneez" as the main motive is a bit cheap.

I'll reiterate mine. The original CCN was a very inclusive and open community. There were events, expeditions, the mapping project, a Militia, the Outlander badge you could earn, etc., etc. Then came the CEI and suddenly we had huge groups that were not (or barely) involved in Colonia before being given the chance to create a bubble 2.0. Things shifted into a private, invite only environment only, where the fate of Colonia was decided. Independents suddenly had no voice anymore. It was virtually impossible to be heard, because the exclusive club of kingdom builders simply gave two flying... you know. My way or the highway.
This brings back so many good memories. The first 6 months of CCN were the best time ever in Colonia. All sort of events going on. No wars, just players having a good time mapping the local area, canyon races, expeditions to the core, the militia patrols, the outlander challenge, and barnacle hunts. All great times.
Then frontier decided to make it into a carbon copy of the bubble. Colonia became bubble 2.0. But I'm glad I got to see Colonia as the fledgling colony and community hotspot for all that creativity and diversity during those early days. :cool:

Last edited:
This brings back so many good memories. The first 6 months of CCN were the best time ever in Colonia. All sort of events going on. No wars, just players having a good time mapping the local area, canyon races, expeditions to the core, the militia patrols, the outlander challenge, and barnacle hunts. All great times.
Then frontier decided to make it into a carbon copy of the bubble. Colonia became bubble 2.0. But 'm glad I got to see Colonia as the fledgling colony and community hotspot for all that creativity and diversity during those early days. :cool:
I've not been playing long enough to have seen those days - Ratkatcher came to Colonia about 15 months ago and forgot to go back... Now I'm on the way back again - the area is amazing, the locals are great too (y)

Top Bottom