Call to Arms for a Free Colonia

Spare Beryllium? We've only got about 50,000 tonnes if the worst happens...

Now that would be a plot twist. It would be interesting to see how carriers would change the logistics. I think it's a 35h round trip for a carrier with filling up.
I still shy away from long range hauling after the Witch Head. It took me almost 2 years to try for Colonia again after my first failed attempt with an 20ly Asp and 1a fuel scoop. I was very green at the time.

All those anti xeno weapons sat round Jaques Station have to see use sometime.

Maybe the people with xeno weapons in Colonia were onto something and I shouldn't have shot them. :unsure:
I think I ask Paul if he want's to come out, now that his servitute is finally over. Never fly a liner which is in the top 2% in Taygeta without insurance money, the Imps bleed you dry.
He's a bug hunter by trade and has a fleet of anti-xeno ships.

Now that would be a plot twist.
Just noting here that we've had extremely recent proof that things other than Thargoids can cause serious station damage - it wouldn't have to be the boring plot twist, either.

At least we do produce Beryllium, and probably enough to fix one station anyway if we were smart about hauling order. The Emergency Power Cells and similar would be the bit that really needed a carrier. Hmm. I should probably do something about that...

Just giving "cashmoneez" as the main motive is a bit cheap.

I'll reiterate mine. The original CCN was a very inclusive and open community. There were events, expeditions, the mapping project, a Militia, the Outlander badge you could earn, etc., etc. Then came the CEI and suddenly we had huge groups that were not (or barely) involved in Colonia before being given the chance to create a bubble 2.0. Things shifted into a private, invite only environment only, where the fate of Colonia was decided. Independents suddenly had no voice anymore. It was virtually impossible to be heard, because the exclusive club of kingdom builders simply gave two flying... you know. My way or the highway.

This brings back so many good memories. The first 6 months of CCN were the best time ever in Colonia. All sort of events going on. No wars, just players having a good time mapping the local area, canyon races, expeditions to the core, the militia patrols, the outlander challenge, and barnacle hunts. All great times.
Then frontier decided to make it into a carbon copy of the bubble. Colonia became bubble 2.0. But I'm glad I got to see Colonia as the fledgling colony and community hotspot for all that creativity and diversity during those early days. :cool:

Last edited:
This brings back so many good memories. The first 6 months of CCN were the best time ever in Colonia. All sort of events going on. No wars, just players having a good time mapping the local area, canyon races, expeditions to the core, the militia patrols, the outlander challenge, and barnacle hunts. All great times.
Then frontier decided to make it into a carbon copy of the bubble. Colonia became bubble 2.0. But 'm glad I got to see Colonia as the fledgling colony and community hotspot for all that creativity and diversity during those early days. :cool:
I've not been playing long enough to have seen those days - Ratkatcher came to Colonia about 15 months ago and forgot to go back... Now I'm on the way back again - the area is amazing, the locals are great too (y)

So to recap, Spear (that doesnt actually have any teritory to loose) comes to Colonia, makes En and Cide (that got lots to loose) go to war with a rebel, anarchist faction thats well known of creating havoc?

Been poking dragons, much?

You just cant make this up... 🙊

It's more like EN/CIDE tried to oust us from Carcosa since Feb 3306 and had not much luck even if they outnumbered us by a big margin. SEPP [1] leadership was in Colonia around the beginning of the year, draw your own conclusions from that. CIDE have 1000 people [2] and both (CIDE, SEPP) have pretty large territories in the bubble. So what do they do? Of course ask for favors and help from other big groups in the bubble. I believe SPEAR tagged on that group to have an easy victory after failing in Riedquat. Plus there is still the they "challenged our methods" part, remember flipping Coma just for idk what actually. LPV [3] is interesting as we never had a problem with them as far as I know. The pushes to over 15% in Phoenix, beside the one at the time of the broken update, were done by somebody else. That high-g planet is a killer and nobody wants to go there. We know for sure that whenever CIDE was in Phoenix The Nameless miraculously gained influence. :unsure:
Anyways, you have now multiple big groups from the bubble and Colonia trying to remove not only The Nameless from control in Carcosa but also Loren's Reapers from the Colonia Region. It's pretty flattering and disturbing to the same time. Flattering that they needed that many people and bgs brains to deal with a small group of Anarchists and friends. Disturbing on how they could have such large empires in the bubble and failing so badly until they brought in an overwhelming force. I got some clues as to why during my inspection visit in the bubble and lets just say the future looks bright for us.

[1] SEPP is the parent group of EN, but SEPP's leader pretty much runs EN too
[2] number from Inara
[3] Last Phoenix Vault, part of the AAAxis

Let them believe we're mere gankers, looking for an excuse to shoot people.
I came across a handful in Colonia/Carcosa that aren't Reapers. I didn't gank one of them. The DBX player I had ganked before but he's still oddly rocking his DBX in open. Not worth it.

However I have an important announcement:

Fight for a Free Colonia! Join Loren's Reapers today!

Only you can prevent Imperialism!!!!

One thing I don't understand yet... if the narrative is "vindicating the poor, poor EN, who were unjustly removed from power in Carcosa" - why didn't SECD chime in to fight full power during the two wars EN recently lost and only throw in their weight in their own war for control? Is your alliance crap? Have you been played by SECD? Was the narrative something entirely different after all? Have people on one side suddenly lost the will to fight? Is all going according to the secret masterplan? Answers at ten. Stay tuned for another episode of Fantasy Island!
This one is easy answer for me. From what I saw the first 2 wars were fake to keep opposition occupied. Now with 2 MF in the system they will use one to take control and the other one for the following wars to remove the nameless from holding assets. After the thing settled they can do what they've done in Union.
In short, this is the main war and TN supporters should put all efforts to win it ... The thing is that even if TN win it will be a standoff as they will trigger next one within a day from what I've seen.

Thwarptide

Banned
If I were to pledge my undying support, what exactly would you do to solve the problem of long docking/undocking cue lines at Jaques Station?

We need more employment opportunities, safer and better working environments. (these 5 hrs a day, three day work weeks are killer).
What exactly are your plans to encourage big business to further invest and colonize the empty systems?

Pool tables? 1 pool table per station is not exactly my idea of accessible recreational facilities.

Last edited:
This one is easy answer for me. From what I saw the first 2 wars were fake to keep opposition occupied. Now with 2 MF in the system they will use one to take control and the other one for the following wars to remove the nameless from holding assets. After the thing settled they can do what they've done in Union.
In short, this is the main war and TN supporters should put all efforts to win it ... The thing is that even if TN win it will be a standoff as they will trigger next one within a day from what I've seen.

The first war was not "faked", the 2nd to 90% yes. There also seems to be a 3rd large PMF on there way into Carcosa.
They can't do what they did in Union as The Nameless are native to Carcosa and can't be retreated. We will just liberate the system again once we are done with what we have planned for them. We are still at the beginning of the conflict. The occupation of Carcosa by Dear Leader is not the end, it's just the start of a new phase.

I was rather talking about assets transfers in Union. The native factions cannot be retreated, so what I suppose will happen if they succeed will be to keep whatever faction is left with no assets to be used as a buffer between the controlling faction and The Nameless.

There was no asset transfer in Union. All assets before and now are controlled by EN.

Their plan is to have multiple factions controlling all the assets in Carcosa. There is a 3rd large faction, which wasn't named yet, on their way into the system too. If it's the best approach for them only the future will show. Our greatest strength is that we don't really plan things and just do what feels right at that time. You can't predict or work against that with spreadsheets. There are 1000+ systems we can attack and we are having scouting parties checking them out right now.

The majority of the people who ran our bgs for the last 9 months were all new to it and we learned on the fly. We do have some great mentors, but it was still a steep learning curve. I'm proud of what our guys archived and we can only get better. Most likely soon we will switch from mainly defensive bgs to 100% offensive. Lots of things to learn and try again, but it will be fun to start dictating what is going to happen.

As a WHN repairs veteran, i wholeheartedly support this ^^^ statement
I suppose thinking back, ferrying Beryllium just from the bubble to the Pleiades was bad enough. Operation Ida seem like they would be crazy enough (and I mean that in the nicest possible way. That time when 3 stations were fixed in a weekend was insane) that they'd enjoy the extra challenge of burning stations in Colonia though.

Top Bottom