Calling all XBOX SRV enthusiasts

In case you folks missed this, I now have a standing SRV challenge which is open to all players to take part in, using any platform, whenever you fancy.

HEiZcvZ.png

Click here for more info: The-Pomeche-Ridge-Challenge-a-standing-SRV-time-trial-in-association-with-the-Buckyball-Racing-Club

Currently the leaderboard is totally dominated by PC players ..

4lqD2sb.png

Come on console players ... show us what you got!

verminstar

Banned
The DW2 may well be cancelled on xbox because of the SRV bug, itd be very interesting to see how this could work as things stand on consoles...thats not a vote in confidence btw no reflection on yerself OP. I doubt very much the pc players on that scoreboard have an awful lot to worry about...so well done you ^

I was aware of the longstanding console SRV bug with multiple SRVs in the same instance but are there also game breaking bugs which prevent commanders doing this in a solo instance?

I ask because this doesn't require head to head racing.

The DW2 may well be cancelled on xbox because of the SRV bug, itd be very interesting to see how this could work as things stand on consoles...thats not a vote in confidence btw no reflection on yerself OP. I doubt very much the pc players on that scoreboard have an awful lot to worry about...so well done you ^
If they cancel the entire console expedition over the SRV bug, I’d be shocked. They can still have the expedition. And as OP said, as a time trial this is valid for solo. Maybe not as fun I’ll grant you.

verminstar

Banned
I was aware of the longstanding console SRV bug with multiple SRVs in the same instance but are there also game breaking bugs which prevent commanders doing this in a solo instance?

I ask because this doesn't require head to head racing.

Cant speak fer others and I know multiple cmdrs on PS4 are an issue, but personally fer me I crashed out in solo mode...I dont have enough m8s left still playing to test out the multiple cmdr issue.

Yes its been reported...many times as it happens...a year and 3 months later, here we are...nothing has changed because frontier couldnt care less about console plebs. If they cared then threads like this wouldnt exist because the questions would have been answered months ago instead of allowing the issue to fester so long in silence...which still exists and we still dont know if its gonna get fixed in Q4 at all.

Few of us are running a book with odds on favourite they dont fix it...I stand to win 20 quid, thats how little faith I have in them ^

verminstar

Banned
If they cancel the entire console expedition over the SRV bug, I’d be shocked. They can still have the expedition. And as OP said, as a time trial this is valid for solo. Maybe not as fun I’ll grant you.

Perhaps ye should read the last page or so of the xbox DW2 thread...until this bug is fixed, the event on xbox is cancelled...not my words, the words of those organizing things, so perhaps not word fer word...but thats the meat and two veg of it.

When this problem still exists after next week Tuesday then I'm seriously getting disappointed in Fdev's priorities.
There are more long standing bugs, I reported some of them after each update, some go back to 2.4 but none of them were as game breaking as this one.

They said that a very high number of bugs will be fixed with 3.3, lets hope this one's included.
I wish bug fixing was a bit higher on their priority list.

The bug that everyone mistakenly refers to as the multiplayer crash affects solo play too. If you're in a SRV for any length of time you eventually get the same crash. The main reason I have not made my attempt at joining the circumnavigation club. The game crash just happens much, much faster if there is more than one SRV present.
Now that I did not know. Haven’t had that happen, but I don’t spend a ton of time in the SRV either.

The bug that everyone mistakenly refers to as the multiplayer crash affects solo play too. If you're in a SRV for any length of time you eventually get the same crash. The main reason I have not made my attempt at joining the circumnavigation club. The game crash just happens much, much faster if there is more than one SRV present.

Also to everyone only focusing on the crash bug, I said bugs (plural) in the OP. There is the nearly year old POV bug that affects SRV gameplay and can only be corrected by logging out of the game, sometime only after multiple attempts. Not very practical for a time trial, yeah?

That pov bug doesn't only occur in the srv, the other night I was parked on a planet in my Cobra, I went into external view popped back in and the whole hud had moved downwards so I couldn't acces the srv panel.
I had to log out and back in to fix it.

verminstar

Banned
That pov bug doesn't only occur in the srv, the other night I was parked on a planet in my Cobra, I went into external view popped back in and the whole hud had moved downwards so I couldn't acces the srv panel.
I had to log out and back in to fix it.

Used to happen a lot in the cutter...everything was fine until yer landing gear touches down...the moment they touch terra firma, the whole camera view shifted upwards making deploying the srv impossible as one can no longer even see the control panel. The single only thing that fixes that is emptying the cache and a complete restart of the console...thats the very definition of gamebreaking imo.

And thats in solo mode...so take from that what ye will ^

Deleted member 110222

D

Brett C

Frontier
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...hat-really-isn-t-reasonable-Console-SRV-crash

I originally posted this in DD, hoping to make the wider community aware of the garbage that console CMDRs have had to put up with for over a year.

It was quietly moved off DD within minutes.

Sweeping under the rug and all that...

There is no need to cross-post, especially when we have a forum dedicated to the Xbox platform.

The moderators are doing their task/role of keeping the forums organized. There's no "sweeping under the rug" ongoing with that.

We are aware of the crash issue, but I do not have an ETA on when that will be resolved/fixed.

Deleted member 110222

D
There is no need to cross-post, especially when we have a forum dedicated to the Xbox platform.

The moderators are doing their task/role of keeping the forums organized. There's no "sweeping under the rug" ongoing with that.

We are aware of the crash issue, but I do not have an ETA on when that will be resolved/fixed.

Why in the Maker's universe can you not say anything other than that?

Patience is wearing thin...

3.3 will be a disaster on console if this isn't fixed on the 11th.

We've been begging your company for details, for months.

Top Bottom