Camel Rides

I noticed at several zoos including my local zoo they will have camels giving rides to children. I’m under the assumption we will have dromedary camels in game eventually. I could be wrong of course but it’s almost like frontier gave some hints to some future animals by the decor and signs. That being said it would be an awesome feature almost like a track ride feature without the vehicle and replacing it by a camel designed to give your guests rides.

I guess you could be on to something there. I’m certain most are healthy since most zoos around the world take very good care of their animals. I’m not saying it’s right by no means but people in some countries sole means of transportation are domesticated camels for centuries.

Yes that is true, and I hope that most camels used in camel rides in zoo's are treated well. But at the same time, it's a known problem that many animals used for rides in zoo's all over the world are treated very poorly (especially elephants) and have a low welfare. So I think that a game that focuses on conservation and animal welfare should be cautious of implementing things that are known to cause low welfare in animals in real zoo's, that's all :)

I agree with you both, might be nice to have something in the game :unsure:

I think this practice is being phased out as people become more aware and concerned about animal welfare, as an example look at circus's and how some countries have made it illegal for them to have animals in the show and others are phasing them on there own accord. And rightly so.

It would be nice if there was no need for Zoo's as they are inherently cruel for animals as well but I fear as time goes on they may be needed more than ever to try and preserve as many of the animal kingdom that we are wiping of the face of the planet as possible. There is nothing special about humans and we are just another animal that happened to rise to the top of the food chain.

Without the invention of the gun we would still be at a serious disadvantage, most animals have better eyesight, smell, hearing and are faster and have better weapons to take out predators than us. Go walking through the bush of Africa in the pitch black and you will realise our rightful place on the planet.

Top Bottom